My mother always told me…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoga

Reaction score
Patience is a virtue. I was never able to learn that until I started growing. When you have no weed there is nothing that tests your patience more than coming to the end of your grow without trying a sample here or there (even though you know DANG well that it isn’t ready).
I think that we are living in a society were everything has become instant gratification. Where we can have almost anything that we want, when we want it. And when we don’t get what we want immediately, we become frustrated.
Growing my plants has made me realize that there is a benefit to delayed gratification (lying to myself). That by waiting maybe I will enjoy it so much more (still hoping that that I believe the lie). That it will give me a chance to fully appreciate it when it happens (like I wouldn't appreciate it now).
The only reason that I am typing this is so that I don’t pick up the scissors. Jeeeeeeeeeez, only a little over a week left and every day goes so slow I feel like I am at the DMV.
You know on second thought...maybe I should take a little sample.

take a sample....oven at 190 for ten minutes......com on baby....you know you want too.....just think, 20 minutes from now you could be tasting her juicy goodness....wait....are we still talking about weed?

Bears hibernate for that very reason.
Me... I just keep drunk.

I think a combo of the 2 would work best for you. Just get so drunk you pass out for a few days.
If you happen to wake up early. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

Yoga said:
Patience is a virtue. I was never able to learn that until I started growing. When you have no weed there is nothing that tests your patience more than coming to the end of your grow without trying a sample here or there (even though you know DANG well that it isn’t ready).
I think that we are living in a society were everything has become instant gratification. Where we can have almost anything that we want, when we want it. And when we don’t get what we want immediately, we become frustrated.
Growing my plants has made me realize that there is a benefit to delayed gratification (lying to myself). That by waiting maybe I will enjoy it so much more (still hoping that that I believe the lie). That it will give me a chance to fully appreciate it when it happens (like I wouldn't appreciate it now).
The only reason that I am typing this is so that I don’t pick up the scissors. Jeeeeeeeeeez, only a little over a week left and every day goes so slow I feel like I am at the DMV.
You know on second thought...maybe I should take a little sample.

Patience is a virtue? I think thats one of those lies like "this will only hurt for alittle while" , "I'll respect you in the morning", and the ever popular "I swear you were the first/ best".
Go ahead try alittle, I won't tell anyone........Or will I?;)

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Yoga :)

When I was new to growing I would always plant 2 extra seeds hoping for 1 extra girl, she was the sampler while I waited on the rest.

I used to end up with 1 plant nearly bald :rofl:

:peace:

hahah i still do :rolleyes:

I haven't smoked in so long, that after waiting for so long I want it to be great. Not just okay. But, it is so hard. And I keep telling myself that I have more willpower, but I really am just weak, weak, weak.

Last night I drank a glass of wine, put on my mind control hat, read the fight on the forum, pulled out the food dehydrator (just so it's ready) and went to bed.

But, I don't know how much longer I can hold out. And if I execute plan 9 anymore my clothes aren't going to fit. I have discovered that I might like a nice glass / bottle of wine. I never have before. In the last month and a half I have gained 15 pounds. It does not help that my husband, who thinks that I am too skinny and has decided that he likes me as a wino.

Yoga said:
I haven't smoked in so long, that after waiting for so long I want it to be great. Not just okay. But, it is so hard. And I keep telling myself that I have more willpower, but I really am just weak, weak, weak.

Last night I drank a glass of wine, put on my mind control hat, read the fight on the forum, pulled out the food dehydrator (just so it's ready) and went to bed.

But, I don't know how much longer I can hold out. And if I execute plan 9 anymore my clothes aren't going to fit. I have discovered that I might like a nice glass / bottle of wine. I never have before. In the last month and a half I have gained 15 pounds. It does not help that my husband, who thinks that I am too skinny and has decided that he likes me as a wino.

Everybody likes a chubby wino. And just think, by Christmas that red velvet suit will fit perfectly;)

Yoga said:

Wow, that chubby wino sure was fun!

I hope your mother also taught you never to say no when you mean yes, too :).

I've always believed it's much better to drink your calories than eat them.

ArtVandolay said:
Wow, that chubby wino sure was fun!

I'm willing to bet that is being said in at least 15 different languages as I type this. I thought that and you beat me to it. (Still laughing...no wonder you're MVP)

ArtVandolay said:
I hope your mother also taught you never to say no when you mean yes, too :).

My mother is a rosary every night Irish-Catholic. That is why I can drink like a fish. Its all genetics. Good news though, I always say yes (to weed and alcohol) and NEVER feel guilty. And like a nice Irish-Catholic girl, just got done talking to my mom. Good news...she is still praying for me. Bad news...my brother is in jail again.

ArtVandolay said:
I've always believed it's much better to drink your calories than eat them.

Drinking dinner now. I have started calling the wine the quarter-pounder. Because it seems I am gaining a quarter-pound a day.

Yoga said:
Drinking dinner now. I have started calling the wine the quarter-pounder. Because it seems I am gaining a quarter-pound a day.

Well, there's the problem right there. Wine. What, 11% alchohol? And who knows what else is in wine for a paltry 11%. I would bet some of it is even nutritious on top of that.

Quadruple distilled vodka. Good blended scotch. 40% pure alcohol. No nutes, no vitamins, no extras. Only thing better is white lightening moonshine :)

ArtVandolay said:
Quadruple distilled vodka. Good blended scotch. 40% pure alcohol. No nutes, no vitamins, no extras. Only thing better is white lightening moonshine :)

I KNOW! When I was swilling Grey Goose my clothes fit me just fine. I might have been drunk, but at least I was drunk and slim and trim. (Thank God you can't see my liver just looking at me).

But, as you have pointed out...we are in a recession. I can get Grey Goose or gas (fuel for all of you snickering right now). So I have developed a love for some local (cheap) wine. Now, I'm tipsey (okay, loaded), busting out of the seams of my clothes, with my husband leering at me asking "done on the computer yet"? (yeah, I'm cheap and easy).

GOOD LORD...WHEN WILL MY GIRLS BE DONE?!?!?

ArtVandolay said:
Well, there's the problem right there. Wine. What, 11% alchohol? And who knows what else is in wine for a paltry 11%. I would bet some of it is even nutritious on top of that.

Everclear and a machino cherry;)

Yoga said:
I KNOW! When I was swilling Grey Goose my clothes fit me just fine. I might have been drunk, but at least I was drunk and slim and trim. (Thank God you can't see my liver just looking at me).

But, as you have pointed out...we are in a recession. I can get Grey Goose or gas (fuel for all of you snickering right now). So I have developed a love for some local (cheap) wine. Now, I'm tipsey (okay, loaded), busting out of the seams of my clothes, with my husband leering at me asking "done on the computer yet"? (yeah, I'm cheap and easy).

GOOD LORD...WHEN WILL MY GIRLS BE DONE?!?!?

Quadruple distilled vodka, $11.99/1.75 litre. Our generic brand is Burnett's. Tastes great :)

cubby said:
Everclear and a machino cherry;)

Oh God...did I go to college with you?

I have been waiting for this day.

No, Sweetie (directed at my daughter), I have no idea who that man was or how he knew my name.

ArtVandolay said:
Quadruple distilled vodka, $11.99/1.75 litre. Our generic brand is Burnett's. Tastes great :)

Wow...I had a feeling you were easy. Now, I know you're cheap too.

Good tip. THANKS! You just earned your MVP status with me. Okay, you had it before, this is just the icing on the cake!

Yoga said:
Oh God...did I go to college with you?

I have been waiting for this day.

No, Sweetie (directed at my daughter), I have no idea who that man was or how he knew my name.

Never finnished college....at least I don't remember graduating.Univ. of Mn. 86-89.
You'd be amazed how many people look at my everclear and cherry cocktail and ask "are you really gonna' drink that?" Been drinking this stuff for over 25 years, like anything else you grow accustomed.:hubba:

I suspect your hubby is putting "grow big" in your wine.
If you notice an increase in cup size he started adding koolbloom.

p.s. cubby my son is going to the U of MN.

Latest posts

Back