Need Elecrical Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,
I think everyone here needs to hit my bong! :)
Smoke some of this Blue cheese and lets have some laughs for a change.
Its all rather easy if you think about it tho, you dont call a plumber to fix electrical problems, you call the trained personel. And thank for the offer, i might just take a photo of my set up(100amp breaker) running coax cable to make shure things look alright. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

no... I'm non union... all the way... and Illusional... I don't ride no horse... go and play around with your panel,mouthpiece... I'm tryna warn u people about playing with something that WILL KILL YOU. you got a problem with me warning poeple about messing around with something that CAN KILL YOU??? you r WRONG IN THE HEAD!!!

listen up... I've seen people get electricuted... I've had to administer first aid to people that have seriously injured themselves... have YOU ever seen anyone get electricuted before???... I witnessed FIRST HAND some guy have his hand blown off his arm, and the top of his head vaporized to leave a hole there exposing his brains... don't u EVER ... and I mean EVER talk to me about this kind of sheet!!!... and I WARNED this guy to be carefull...

you better hope I NEVER run into you in my life... cuz I will make you feel the pain that I felt when I witnessed that happen.

oh man...

I would sure like to go over my set up with you Vancouver guy...Why not get a professional opinion..Better safe than sorry.I wouldnt want my investment going down in flames. Would You?

IllusionalFate said:
When you wire something up yourself, you do a series of steps to do the job correctly, right? The couple minutes it would take to tell a person how to do the job correctly would turn that person from an amateur to a person who would be able to do the job exactly the same as you would.

really?... it only takes a couple of minutes to learn how to be a licenced electrician, eh?

gee... I guess those other 4+ years are just bullcrap that the schools are pushing on people as a way to make money eh?

damn... I must be REALLY STUPID, cuz I spent 4 years after the first couple of minutes... not to mention the 18+ of experience...

how do u wire a dead-end switch leg?, a split circuit? what's a GFCI? ever heard of an Arc Fault Circuit? and where is it REQUIRED as of the 90's?...

come one... you can't even ANSWER those questions in a couple of minutes....

That crazy vancouver guy said:
no... I'm non union... all the way... and Illusional... I don't ride no horse, jerkoff... go and play around with your panel,mouthpiece... I'm tryna warn u fools about playing with something that WILL KILL YOU. you got a problem with me warning poeple about messing around with something that CAN KILL YOU??? you r FKD IN THE HEAD!!!

listen up, jerkwad... I've seen people get electricuted... I've had to administer first aid to people that have seriously injured themselves... have YOU ever seen anyone get electricuted before???... I witnessed FIRST HAND some guy have his hand blown off his arm, and the top of his head vaporized to leave a hole there exposing his brains... don't u EVER ... and I mean EVER talk to me about this kind of sheet!!!... and I WARNED this guy to be carefull...

you better hope I NEVER run into you in my life... cuz I will make you feel the pain that I felt when I witnessed that happen.

oh man... I wanna crush your skull right now... I swear ta God....
Chill out man, I've never witnessed such a violent stoner in my life. :p

I mean, I know you care about my safety and all, but caring deeply enough to crush my skull is a bit too much for me. :rofl:

really?... it only takes a couple of minutes to learn how to be a licenced electrician, eh?

gee... I guess those other 4+ years are just bullcrap that the schools are pushing on people as a way to make money eh?

damn... I must be REALLY STUPID, cuz I spent 4 years after the first couple of minutes... not to mention the 18+ of experience...

how do u wire a dead-end switch leg?, a split circuit? what's a GFCI? ever heard of an Arc Fault Circuit? and where is it REQUIRED as of the 90's?...

come one, loudmouth... you can't even ANSWER those questions in a couple of minutes....
I never said anything about becoming a licensed electrician in a few minutes, I'm saying learning to do this specific task the same way a licensed electrician would is that quick and easy to learn. Hell, I could call one up right now, watch closely at what they do, then be able to do the same exact thing in the future. Anyone with a pair of eyes and a basic ability to retain information could do the same.

Well how about we just get back to the original question.. That crazy vancouver guy..you an electrician? great.. your the guy i need to talk to.. so instead of telling me and everyone else that we are gonna die if we do this ourselves, why dont you just type in exactly what i need to do.. i just need to run a new outlet from my breaker panel, surely that does not take some sort of phD. Thank you.. I mean I'm just tryin to get high!!

stop right there, MR Backyard Electricians....

you DON'T know what u r doing.

you are WRONG

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

DON'T GO KILLING YOURSELF/AND OR YOUR FAMILY

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU "this is how u do it..."

have you EVER done any work as an electrician?... do you know ANYTHING about it?

no

DON'T MESS WITH IT. get a licenced electrician to do it for you. we don't care what the heck u need another outlet for... make something up... you want to put in an extra freezer, u tell them... we don't give a crap... as long as we get paid.

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE'S ADVICE. get someone (an electrician) to do it for you...

I'm telling you... don't mess with this stuff, ok?... do you know how many times I've gone into a place and seen the stuff that "backyard" electricians do?... I like to tell people that I do the work for about how LUCKY they are that they have not already been killed because of shoddy electrical work by people WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING!!!

DON'T MESS WITH THIS STUFF, PEOPLE... it WILL kill you!!!

don't take my advice... go ahead and kill yourself... just remember my words in that fraction of a second that it takes for the electricity to kill you or start your place on fire.

don't be stupid, man....

I could give you detailed info on how to do it, but I'm not going to, cuz there is more to it than I could explain in 15-20 mins... and I'm not going to waste my time... and uhhh... the wire gauge is #12 CU/#10AL AWG for a 20A circuit, which you would only need if the run is over, like, 50'...which you wouldn't need more than 15A for if you were NOT A COMMERCIAL GROWER

oh ya... if you REALLY wanted to go all out... you should run yourself a sub-panel... :p

Listen to what he stated ok call a liccense professional ok. If you had a fire the leos would find out & you would get in trouble.

you are WRONG

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING. DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TELLS YOU "this is how u do it..."

have you EVER done any work as an electrician?... do you know ANYTHING about it?

no

DON'T MESS WITH IT. get a licenced electrician to do it for you. we don't care what the heck u need another outlet for... make something up... you want to put in an extra freezer, u tell them... we don't give a crap... as long as we get paid.

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE'S ADVICE. get someone (an electrician) to do it for you...

I'm telling you... don't mess with this stuff, ok?... do you know how many times I've gone into a place and seen the stuff that "backyard" electricians do?... I like to tell people that I do the work for about how LUCKY they are that they have not already been killed because of shoddy electrical work by people WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING!!!

DON'T MESS WITH THIS STUFF, PEOPLE... it WILL kill you!!!

don't take my advice... go ahead and kill yourself... just remember my words in that fraction of a second that it takes for the electricity to kill you or start your place on fire.

don't be stupid, man....

I could give you detailed info on how to do it, but I'm not going to, cuz there is more to it than I could explain in 15-20 mins... and I'm not going to waste my time... and uhhh... the wire gauge is #12 CU/#10AL AWG for a 20A circuit, which you would only need if the run is over, like, 50'...which you wouldn't need more than 15A for if you were NOT A COMMERCIAL GROWER

oh ya... if you REALLY wanted to go all out... you should run yourself a sub-panel... :p

Listen to what he stated ok call a license professional ok. If you had a fire the leos would find out & you would get in trouble.

come one, loudmouth... you can't even ANSWER those questions in a couple of minutes....

My goodness, what in the world is wrong with you? Calm down and quit calling people names..

No one ever said that it only takes a couple of minutes to become a licensed electrician. But, it simply does not take 4+ years of schooling to be able to run a single dedicated circuit and that is what we are talking about. We all understand the dangers of electricity.

TCVG, i feel ya bro, i agree 100% with your message(dont mess with that which can kill you, i believe) but...just as i am told by my loved ones, "you always have a valid point it just gets screwed up on the delivery. i also agree 100% with the others about things getting a little harsh for us stoners..

lyfr said:
TCVG, i feel ya bro, i agree 100% with your message(dont mess with that which can kill you, i believe) but...just as i am told by my loved ones, "you always have a valid point it just gets screwed up on the delivery. i also agree 100% with the others about things getting a little harsh for us stoners..

Lyfr is right!!! We all need a big smoke this morning & relax & help each other out with out getting too out of stone waves. lol

all i can say is WOW!!! this is one unhelpfull thread

FATBOY said:
all i can say is WOW!!! this is one unhelpfull thread

Hay I'll look around FATBOY OK I'll find something for you ok

MP is a great site I will find out something for you ok.

I hope this helps you ok Bro & remeber MP is a good site for help.

uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006041507138

forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=333242

jhawk51 said:
Does anyone kow how to run a line directly from the breaker box to an outlet. I need to bring in more power to my room and have 4 available 15amp breakers left. I just dont know how to run a direct line.. please help!!

I hope the link helps you out ok MP is a wonderful site

I could have swore that vancouver guy broke a few rules by being an a** to people. No one wants to run a house. Just an extra line. And by the way when you are an electrician for that many years you should be willing to give step by step instructions. No need for name calling. I have gone to school for more than four years to learn a trade just like you I have to go back every so many years to learn what new is out there. I do forestry for a livong and have to now about multiple things like you but, would be willing to offer advice to someone if they asked.. You should no about the risks of having anyone come to your house that you are not familiar with or never met. By chance they happen to get a wiff of something you could be screwed..

So calm down a little bit and lend a hand. and your little comment about the hand on waste is rude and assenine. I do know an electrician and has been doing it for over 35 years.

you are WRONG

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING.

. . . . ect ect ect.

For the record I completely agree with TCVG. Anything electrical is DANGEROUS. In fact, when I was wiring up my lights, which was a simple three wire job, I took it to my dad (who has been doing electrical work for quite some time) because no matter what, electricity is dangerous. OK, so you manged to get everything wired up and running smooth and good to go without getting shocked. You go out to eat, come back home, and . . . "why has my house been replaced by a burning pile of ashes and a cop dangling a pair of handcuffs standing in the middle of my garden?"

Oops, looks like I wired it right but used the wrong gauge wiring. It got to hot and "whammy", no more house.

Please everyone, be careful out there. There is a hell of a lot more to electrical work than just plugging a wire into your electrical plug. Leave it to a professional, someone with the right experiences and qualifications, or invest in some extension cords and deal with your situation.

Also, TCVG. Bro, please don't feel as though what everyone says to you is an attack. You've got to remember that most people really don't realize just how deadly electricity is. It is like fire. We may have found a way to produce it, but under no means have we figured out how to control it. We can only somewhat guide it.

I at least know from your posts in this thread that you are very passionate about what you do and consider safety your number one priority. Minus the parts where you somewhat flip out there is a lot of good information you are giving out.

jibba069 said:
I could have swore that vancouver guy broke a few rules by being an a** to people. quote]

Correct, its just something that will pass, Van is an oldie, a good oldie, respected and listened to, he will get his ear tweaked, we all taste the sands of rage at life sometimes, it will quickly pass, I dont condone it, im just as bad, I dropped an egg on the floor today and broke it, I said 'Oh Bother' or something like that ;)

I agree with Van, get a pro, in my last job you didnt dip your finger in to test the temperature.

Or simply google it, cross ref a few, see if they all concur then get to work.

pos3.gif

wecankeepsafe.jpg

I have no idea why im posting the pic below
Its just cos I like it :)

colours-of-dark-light.jpg

by the way some people don't have the money to run a sub-panel then the money for the main power wire from the other box or whatever. never claimed to be an electrician cause I'm not. But I guarantee that I could call my uncle who is and get the list of supplies that I would need and have him explain how to hook everything up to the box and outlet.also Alot of states if you hook up a sub-panel a inspector has to come over and inspect everything is up to building codes.. Not trying to dis-respect anyones trade. But hemp goddess is right it's only a single line. And you are correct if you don't have a clue about anything you should not do it. But anyone anywhere can learn how to do it. Look you and I both learned our trades and did not know anything about them to begin with. Correct. Everyone has the right to there opinion. I will take some pics and see if you would go over them since you are also expierenced in this aspect of electrical. Like I said not dis-respecting anyone. Always looking to learn new things in life.

Cause I have learned that every day brings us new oppurtunities..

And I'm am not trying to dis-respect you Van cause I have seen your pics and you are one of the best at what you do....

Latest posts

Back