Net pots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homemadegravity

Reaction score
Im just curious if 2in net pots would be big enough for a plant to grow in from start to finish?

Yuppers man. A net pot simply is something to hold the base of your plant out of your res. I use 3" net pots for everything I do in hydro... I could use 1" ones for all I care. Just make sure the plant's stem stays out of the water as it can rot. In a thread titled "Inside DLtoker's Room" there are pics of my mothers and their roots in a DWC system. These were grown in 3" net pots. MASSIVE bushes.

They may be in the gallery too if you care to peak at them. ;)

Thanx DL. I have a bunch of 2in net pots Ive never used and thinking about giving hydro a try. And Im looking up your old posts rite now thank you again.

I find that the 2" pots do not hold enough medium to give the plant stem much support. Unless you are growing some really small plants, I would go with 3" pots.

You can start in 2" net pots and transplant to larger ones later. I just take some scissors and cut out the bottom of the net cup. I do this when I transplant to 6" pots in flood and drain. I have had no problems or stress from doing this.

Latest posts

Back