New LED's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i pay like .1 but i'm worried about how much it increases, not how much money it costs.

I really don't think 1000 watts is going to set off any sirens at the power company. Think about it, people get roommates, new tv's, computers etc all the time. A 42" plasma TV uses about 500 watts, a decent computer these days uses anywhere from 600 to 1000+ watts and alot of people leave them on 24/7.
I think you might be surprised how much power some households use, even without growing.
Be cautious, but I wouldn't stress over 1000w. I started with a 400 and a 600 and 2 6" fans and our bill went up about $60.

my kettle is 1300 watts :( and i have 50 cups of tea a day :(

ross said:
i pay like .1 but i'm worried about how much it increases, not how much money it costs.

You've got to be kidding--.01 per kWh! You can run a 1000W light 12/12 and all the fans you will most likely need for under $5.00 a month. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned if you have electrical costs that low. You are not going to raise any eyebrows or cause any suspicion with a 1000W and extras. There has got to be tons of people who literally waste huge amounts of power to be "comfortable" (keeping their homes extra warm in winter and way cool in summer) or because they are lazy (fail to turn too lights and other power consuming appliances/computers/TVs, etc)...

I as at another site looking at this guys new setup. 6 x 1000w lamps. Hydro, chillers, fans. His other grow op has 10 x 600w. He's not raising any issues, and he's not stealing the power.

Im using a 4ft 6tube T5 setup(almost 30,000 lumens) @ 6500K and 8- 26 watt CFL's (12800 lumens)@ 6500K for Vegging and change tubes and bulbs to 3000K for Flower. I just put 3 in Flower today. My CFL's hang down toward the middle between the plants. And they love it. Its my 1st Inside Grow. Have learned much from many on this forum. OH and I have 8sf of grow space.:D Also have seperate chamber for Vegg. All CFL's 2x2 area.

Many pros and cons to LED's...

NOTHING (so far) is better than a good ol' futurebrite 600w ballast with a hortilux 600w SUPER hps 95000 lumen bulb and a simple reflective hood.

90w LED UFO's Are awsome for sub canopy close up lighting. When you shine a ufo 1/2 way down the plant the buds grow as big as the top canopy buds. LITTERALY doubling the plant yield!

I am doing an entire grow with 3 ufo's right now primary lighting. Its going ok. .

As far as heat..the ufos are MUCH cooler and can be added to a grow with only 2 or 3 deg. temp rise at the most. Still need air though...the heat will build up. It just takes longer.

The Hemp Goddess said:
You've got to be kidding--.01 per kWh! You can run a 1000W light 12/12 and all the fans you will most likely need for under $5.00 a month. I wouldn't be the least bit concerned if you have electrical costs that low. You are not going to raise any eyebrows or cause any suspicion with a 1000W and extras. There has got to be tons of people who literally waste huge amounts of power to be "comfortable" (keeping their homes extra warm in winter and way cool in summer) or because they are lazy (fail to turn too lights and other power consuming appliances/computers/TVs, etc)...
no, i mean 10 cents per KWH, (point one), one cent per KWH would be a ridiculously low price. there is NO WAY you can run a 1000W HPS and fans for $5 a month. my set up will add probably about $50.

yes about $50 is correct. I don't think anyone would look at the bill and think anything of it. Time for some low anxiety indica.

OK GUYS U KNOW WHAT I DID i just got solar panels instal and i get check from power company with money (in last 2 moths) and i grow for freeeeeeeee!!!!
thru solar poer im running 1000watt hortilux with water cooling (cool tube) and im using water pump for that and all and i dont pay a cent, if u can get a sollar power doit yurself get 3 180w panels hook em up on the roof and 400w light is free :) God bless u all

Hey Brouli is there a link to more information on solar power. I have been really considering it and have a great setup for it.

Designing a friends setup now...a few links to get you started
least expensive are amorphous cells, but take up more room.

hxxp://www.solarelectricsupply.com/systems/grid-tie/discount-gridtie.html
hxxp://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=256
hxxp://www.ecobusinesslinks.com/solar_panels.htm
hxxp://www.solarelectricsupply.com/systems/grid-tie/discount-gridtie.html
hxxp://www.findsolar.com/
hxxp://www.solarhome.org/solarhomekits.html

got links for wind power too

solar panels are way too expensive for me to consider. i have looked at the wattstopper power strip though, and that seems like it could help a lot.

Brouli said:
OK GUYS U KNOW WHAT I DID i just got solar panels instal and i get check from power company with money (in last 2 moths) and i grow for freeeeeeeee!!!!
thru solar poer im running 1000watt hortilux with water cooling (cool tube) and im using water pump for that and all and i dont pay a cent, if u can get a sollar power doit yurself get 3 180w panels hook em up on the roof and 400w light is free :) God bless u all

How long for the Solor Panels to pay for themselfs.:rolleyes: Cause thats when it becomes free.

depends on the size ,couple of years i think , but i spend 2 years designeing my house so i staying here for atleast next 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back