Newbie tent grow!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE TIME LADIES AND GENTS.......
59th day ahhh **** it lets just call it day 60 just gave them there last feeding hopefully......just a little big bloom, biobrew and root drench....half strength of each.....now I hope all I will need to give them is plane water and in a week mabye 10 days do a flush and then harvest soon after that.......what is the procedure on harvesting? Should I do it bone dry, after watering wait a day or two........and do I need to give it a period of darkness first then chop, do I chop during there light on period or can I chop at any point there ready, just someone out there in MPLand give me some basic instructions on the procedure of harvesting. Ok here are some photos

View attachment 20140628_032815.jpg

View attachment 20140628_032854.jpg

View attachment 20140628_032919.jpg

View attachment 20140628_032939.jpg

View attachment 20140628_033006.jpg

View attachment 20140628_033017.jpg

View attachment 20140628_033032.jpg

View attachment 20140628_033046.jpg

View attachment 20140628_033058.jpg

View attachment 20140628_033113.jpg

Ok MP. My first indoor harvest(second overall)has come and gone. I would like to share some what I have created. I have been told and have it on very good authority that I grew ***the white crossed with goji og. I cut my girls down on there 75th day and flushed them 10 days prior with sledgehammer 3 gallons each. I dont know how much I got yet, I want to wait till its done curing for a little bit then, put it on the scale. Ok before I upload the pics I need to thank a couple of people. MANY THANKS TO THOSE THAT HELPED ME ALONG MY FIRST INDOOR JOURNEY. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. ESPECIALLY HUSH AND PJAMMERS! Thanks dudes.......

*** The white is also known as Triangle kush. It got the name the white because when it is on the plant it looks like someone through some confectioners sugar on it or something like that. At least that's what seedfinder.eu says.

View attachment 20140715_060920.jpg

View attachment 20140715_060958.jpg

View attachment 20140715_061048.jpg

Congrats of your first grow dude! Everything looks like it turned out delish.

What's up next?
:vap-leafy_wave:

Fruits of labor, always taste the best. Great looking buds

The first 3 pics .. That plant had a ways to go, even for a sample, but I feel you..lol.....the rest looks great, all in all nice job...enjoy..

Would love to hear the final weight as you inquired about a yield estimate several times throughout this thread.

Ok guys final weight was just shy of 4 ounces for the whole thing. ....almost an ounce per plant. From what I've read that's a decent haul.....especially since I was growing 3 too many plants for that size tent, 3x3. If I had stuck to one and did some pruning to get as many tops as possible I probably would have gotten more from one plant and I could also trim things up to get light to more parts of the plant.......oh well all in all I learned quite alot....I will post a more detailed assessment later. ....thanks all

Well well well........Ladies and gents....it aint over till the fat lady sings and that ***** aint belted a note! I got one of my ladies to regenerate and boy did she. I ditched fox farms all together. I went with espoma farms organic soil and mixed in some bio-tone and some blood meal(not much of that but a little.) I am also feeding them with just fish emulsion 5 1 1 and thats it. I also mixed in some vermiculite and s.peat moss. I also have about an inch or 2 of river rock that I washed off and lined the bottom of the planter for drainage. I know I am currently showing signs of ph imbalance. I believe me soil to be too sweet or alkaline(a soil meter said that) so I mixed in some more peat moss about 2 or 3 days ago and the meter has fallen slightly to the acidic side so I think Im on the right track. I really dont wanna use chemicals to acidify the soil. Also would like some feed back on how to prune this girl up....if you need more pics of the structure of the plant just let me know.

View attachment 20140818_010632[1].jpg

View attachment 20140818_010650[1].jpg

View attachment 20140818_010702[1].jpg

View attachment 20140818_010717[1].jpg

Very good job on the last grow man, that looked really good. :)

Now what you need to do is, if you haven't switched to flower yet, open up that plant. Get some weights or something heavy that you can tie the stems to and pull the branches open as far as you can get them to go without breaking. You could even build a frame on legs and string a screen of twine or use welded wire ffencing to create a screen that you can set over the plant and go down as ffar as you can to bend all of the higher stems so that they are spread out horizontal under the screen. Then allow them to veg a couple weeks longer to fill up the screen to about 75%.

As you are doing this, go in and trim out the lower branches that are spindly and will not make it up to the canopy within the next couple weeks, and will not get any light as the canopy fills in the screen. Each day that you go in to look at them while doing this, continue to push all of the branches down that are trying to grow above the screen. Tuck them under the screen so that you maintain a single level canopy.

When the screen is 3/4 ffull, flip the lights to 12/12 to begin flower. Continue to "tuck" the new growth back under the screen as it grows until you see buds begin to fform. At that point cease the "tucking" and allow all of the growth to begin coming up through the screen. Most of the buds will shoot up from below the screen and from within the leaf canopy towards the light. This will allow 90% of the best buds to form in the bright light and be unencumbered by the leaves and branches of the plant. With this method, you will increase your yield. :D

I am very interested screening as I would like to learn how to utilize that. I am pretty sure I understand the concept but I am a very visual and hands on learner so could you give me some good examples of screening a plant. No I have not flipped them to 12/12 yet. I have them tied to the steaks to try and stretch the plant and open the canopy up. Thanks for the compliments, all are greatly appreciated. If I could star trek you guys some samples I would.....

Hey hush....ive been doing my own research on scroging and it seems like everyone that did started growing into the screen from day one where the plant is still easily bendable and pliable. My problem is that my plant is basically already established and the branches are to thick and wood like to bend....I mean I do have some branches that are supple enough to bend but the main branches arnt. Im in total agreement on the sinkers and that seems like it would be the best option for me this late in vegging.....also trimming up the center of the plant where all the little branches are growing and the ones at the bottom of the plant so the plant can put all its energy to the main colas....already I can tell I have more tops on this plant then I did with the previous plants and its also a lot bushier then the others were.....thanks for taking the time man. Stay safe and greenest of mojo man!

Hey just wanted to shoot a little update on what Ive done to my regenerated girl......I lollipoped my girl and spread out her canopy as much as I can at this point....probably will be able to spread everything out more once she gets comfortable with her current state. I dont want to over do it and break anything. You guys cant tell exactly what Ive done Im sure so here it is.....hope Im on the right track...seem to be.....her canopy is now twice as big as it was last round.

View attachment 20140823_203633[1].jpg

View attachment 20140823_203640[1].jpg

View attachment 20140823_203647[1].jpg

Hey just wanted to shoot a little update on what Ive done to my regenerated girl......I lollipoped my girl and spread out her canopy as much as I can at this point....probably will be able to spread everything out more once she gets comfortable with her current state. I dont want to over do it and break anything. You guys cant tell exactly what Ive done Im sure so here it is.....hope Im on the right track...seem to be.....her canopy is now twice as big as it was last round.

She's looking good, nice spread on the canopy. I think I might try a reveg on a plant in the future, as a lil project.

Thanks man...... It's super easy man.... I literally didn't even really try..... I just left the last few crap buds on the plant and flipped it back to 24 hours on.....I didn't even give her any dark period. . Also I didn't use any expensive additives or notes.... Just some Espoma farms soil and some garden tone and fish emulsion.... All at the recommended manufacturer levels. . Thats it..... Seriously easy as hell and in just a month I'm almost ready to flower again

Thanks man...... It's super easy man.... I literally didn't even really try..... I just left the last few crap buds on the plant and flipped it back to 24 hours on.....I didn't even give her any dark period. . Also I didn't use any expensive additives or notes.... Just some Espoma farms soil and some garden tone and fish emulsion.... All at the recommended manufacturer levels. . Thats it..... Seriously easy as hell and in just a month I'm almost ready to flower again

That's just nucking futs on the turn around time, wow, gues between cloning and reveg there's really no reason for down time.

Yeah man it is..... You can go through out this thread and see the turn around time.... Maybe I just got lucky but if it's this easy reveg then the hell with clones and down time......even if you had to leave some nice buds on the plant to get it to reveg it is so worth it just to be able to reflower in a month or so

Yeah man it is..... You can go through out this thread and see the turn around time.... Maybe I just got lucky but if it's this easy reveg then the hell with clones and down time......even if you had to leave some nice buds on the plant to get it to reveg it is so worth it just to be able to reflower in a month or so

Employing this on 3 plants from outdoors this year, to try and get a quicker turn around time on my indoor grow. Hopefully this will help me not to have to wait for the girls from seeds. Although I will be sprouting a few new strains next year, this Black Domina I will keep going it's some amazing smoke and a great growing plant as well, and it really throws the bubble hash too.

All about efficiency here, I smoke way too much for down time, lol

Well as usual hush you are right on with the scrogging........I didnt think my plant would be so pliable. I totally can scrog my plant out. Im thinking a 2.5ftx2.5ft grid made out of stakes and string. I could do a 3ft by 3ft scrog and just use the entire tent but I figure the branches at the exterior of the grid wouldnt get that much light. Also before I attempt this can you give me some really detailed instructions....I have a really hard time visualizing things when reading them. I am much more a visual and hands on learner.

Latest posts

Back