Newbie ...well thats true...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberhca

ak....north to ak
Reaction score
I have just baught a 600 hps with 30% more blue. From htg supply.20 seeds from nirvana and looking to get 10 more clone of ak 47. This is my first attempt to grow...period. In my order I have a digital ballast, 600 grow bright light, and all the other stuff. Please let me know...anyone what is the most important thing I have to keep in mind while growing for the first time...I will let you all know the ins-and outs of what is up with me and the girls...I will let you know when nirvana send me the beans....any who...please...more advice the better....from alaska
ps Gov. Palin aint that bad.........really

Hi Cyberhca,

you say you have 'all the other stuff' but what do you mean?

Where are you gonna be growing,ie,a cupboard or are you making a growroom and what vent do you have for your set up?

edit

Well, Sarah is no Bimbo...but..any ol how, What I know is that the " other stuff" is...please check on...." E bay "

DIGITAL 600 watt HPS GROW LIGHT HYDROPONIC BALLAST 600w
Please let me know if this is good...I am growing in a room that is 8 foot by 8 foot. I need to know what to do when I get my beans.....and let me know what to do with my clones when I get them. I am open to anything...even sarcsaim...if that helps...

I THINK I WANT A ROCK STeR!!! My children Love rock stars...

:welcome:Do not overlook PH, it can and will destroy your plants. Read as much as possible before you germinate your seeds.

You really need to reduce the size of that room, a 600w is no where near enough for that 8 X 8. Cut the room in half.

Avoid dirt with timed released nutes.

This is the most useful resource on this site for a new grower, from here you can find answers to most questions.
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9396

Research is key. The amount of time and energy you are willing to put into this will be directly reflected by how well your grow goes. If you have any specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.

A 600W light is only good for about 18 sq ft (or less). So, the first thing I would suggest is scaling down the size of your room. Cadlakmike has pointed you in the right direction.

again, take it or leave it, truer words were never spoken, and all pretty much realize this in the end. The amount of time you spend researching is ultimately what gave me success, sure, your gonna have questions through out the grow, but the more you read prior to, and along with the grow, the better you will do, i give my word on that.

why do you wanna clone Auto ak? they grow so fast from a seed that its impractical to clone them. you would be better off take a male and female and create your own seeds. granted im a newbie too, but i remember reading that from a pretty reliable user on here. just my $0.02.

good luck on the grow though.

hell yeah this is my 15th post, now i can post pics, sweet!

I am not into autos at all, so I could be wrong, but it is my understanding that you cannot clone them.

Just curious, why do people grow autos when they have plenty of room?

HempGoddess, I just ordered some Lowryder 2 seeds. The skunk strain I grew flowered for over 10 weeks last time I grew it. I veg'd it for about 6 weeks. The LR2 is supposed to be 8 weeks or so from seed to finish., half the time of my last grow. Out of 5 plants I ended up with one female. That's why I am thinking about growing it, just seems quick and easy.

This is speculation, I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I don't know that it is impossible to clone auto's, but certainly impractical with such a short life span. The only reason I could think that it might not be possible is that 2-3 weeks in the plant switches to flower regardless of light cycle, so once it's mature enough to clone it's running on flowering hormones. I don't think you can get the clones to switch back to veg cycle and root.

Thanks guys! I am doing my homework and plan on cutting back on room size. I guess my space is bigger than I thought!! I am planing to do " Sea of green, if anyone has any advice i would love it! This is a great place full of advice and I plan on taking it all in. Thanks again guys.

You are probably right. I am thinking twice about ak! I am waiting for my beans and hope they will arrive. I will let you know when they arrive. I am excited and greatful there are people here that are willing to help!

Ok...so I am back again. Can someone advise me on the costs of a 600w lighting system? Is the 1000w system a lot more to operate? I have read that I can use one 600w bulb that has 30% more blue light from start to finish rather than one light for veg stage and one for flowering. Is that true? Is the yield impacted? Quality? Thanks for all your help/direction.

cyberhca said:
Ok...so I am back again. Can someone advise me on the costs of a 600w lighting system? Is the 1000w system a lot more to operate? I have read that I can use one 600w bulb that has 30% more blue light from start to finish rather than one light for veg stage and one for flowering. Is that true? Is the yield impacted? Quality? Thanks for all your help/direction.

if you know where to look, you can get a 600w for, umm about 215.00,
thats a hortilux super hps and a 600w lumatek, now, since veg is important, but not as needy for light, i would say that if you pay more than 30-40 bucks for a MH bulb your crazy, it just doesnt matter enough imo, but to each his own!

hXXp://www.hydroponics.net/learn/hid_lamp_op_cost.asp
change the XX to tt...

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you have allready gotten some great advice....listen, post, and read, read,,,read! Good luck and looking forward to seeing your efforts.

Hi guys! I am back! I took the advice I was given and cut my room in half. I did alot of research and I am sure I will need even more research, ha. I received my beans from Nirvana about a week and a half after ordering, that was cool! I have started a practice grow with some bag seed I have no idea what it is, but just started for practice purposes. I germinated 4 out of 4. Put them in a glass of distilled water before going to work, came home they sunk so I put them in a wet paper napkin, placed in baggy and set on my water heater for about 8 hrs. Walla, they cracked and 3 had tap root! I then placed them under 4- 4 foot long 45's. I trnsplanted them 3 days later in 2 gallon buckets using promix. It has been 1 week now and they are doing very well! I am going to be using Fox farm Grow Big and Big Bloom. My Temps are around 78 degrees and the humidity is around 38 to 40. I watered them 3 days ago I might water today. From what I have read I dont need nutes for about a week or so, is this right? I dont know what my grow will be as its bag seed ( prolly hermies and males! hahaha) but it will be a growing excperiance that can only do me well I believe. I will be germing my Snow white seeds in about 4 more weeks if this grow turns out to be something. I have a 600 wt agro max I will be putting my bag plants under at prolly about 5 weeks. any who...would like to post pix but not to sure when I am able to do that, or how but I am looking forward to doing that. Thanks sooo much all of you for being here and giving help Its gonna be a fun time.:)

Latest posts

Back