Nirvana Durban Poison grow-1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok here she is after the transplant into a 3gallon pot,
and this is my grow box. do you think i should use a 150 or 250 hps in the bottom part? im worried about heat, i have a 6" 150cfm fan but i dont have it setup yet. and in the top part is where i plan on keeping a mom or 2 and some clones, ill have a t5 and some cfls up there....

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

IMG_0727.JPG

I woldn't recommend using the HPS just yet. How many lumens are you kickin with your cfl set-up? She looks so much happier in her new bed. How far away are your cfls looks to me like they could be a little closer. I'm not a fan of HPS for veg. Got any mylar? Definately worth the investement. So much more reflective than the white paint. I used the flat paint for my last grow, and although it works well. Mylar is the best. HTG has it the 1 mil 200 square feet for like 30 bucks. That includes shipping. Did you get your HPS from HTG? If so maybe you could lookin to a MH conversion bulb for veg. I like your closet grow looks nice and clean! Just watch she will love the bigger pot.
One more thing remember to let her dry out really good. It will be easy to overwater her for the next couple of weeks.
Also i looked at HTG and they have a MH conversion bulb for a 250 HPS, if you are interested. A little pricey, but worth every penny.
Get yorself a MH, hook up your ventilation, and you are on your way to a beautiful bush..HA HA. You probably already have one of those with that GF you spend so much time with lol

haha well i have black and white poly but no mylar... ya but do you think i could use the 250 in my area without much heat? and i didnt plan on using the hps yet cause i hear it causes a lil stretch, i planned to use the t5 and cfls for veg and hps for flower later on.. haha well my friend life is all about sex and weed :). plus im only 18 and its summer so whats there better to do?

o and i didnt get the t5 or hps YET im planning on it tho, im thinking either the 150 or 250 idk yet

and i only have 5400L (6500k) with those three bulbs which is why im getn the t5 with 10,000 L
and they are about 3inches away from the plant

T-5s are exceptional lights dude, I think that you can get aquarium lights for them . They have an extremely high CRI (color rendering index). I know I am High on MH, but if you check my GJ you will see pics of my clone box. Unfortunately I will be vegging under the flouros this go around. I have 12, 40 watt 4 ft. flouros. If you are interested check out the GJ. Anyway I got high, dropped my MH conversion bulb, and BAM...........NO MORE MH, so I smoke some more to make myself feel better. My clones are bangin though.
Any way my first grow was under flouro for veg. And they were little bushes until about 8 inches tall then they just stretched fast because of low intensity.That is why I added side lights on both sides. I think it will be kick AS&

Da** man I'm sry to hear about your mh! That's a bummer. Lol well do you think my box is big enough for the 250watt then I could run an MH and an HPS hah

You can get 2' T5s that are 54W and put out 5000 lumens. I have a 400W MH that I do not use to veg anymore because I get such great results with the T5.

For flowering, I recommend a HPS. The 250 would give you great lumens if you can keep the space cool...

6-7-09 004 (2).jpg

really? well thats good to hear, the t5 i found puts out 10,000L and i would probly get 2, one for moms and one for clones/ starting plants. then i would most likely flower them under the hps.

idk if i will be able to cool it well or not i have a 150cfm inline fan.
does a 250w put off much more heat than a 150w?

I would think that the heat difference would be minimal. Do you have a reflector hood that will hook up to your ventilation system? Hemp Goddess has some really nice girls goin there. They require alot less as far as lumens go for veg. You really should get your fan and ventilation hooked up. Even if you aren't going to use your HID for veg. Just to get an Idea of your heat. And you can make adjustments.

yeah i know im probly gonna hook up tomorrow, if im not to lazy... and ok ill think about the 250 im just not sure yet

ok so after another trip to the hydro store this is what i got.
some ph up/down, soil moist, and this t5 system

im also using 2 of my old cfls as well so im putting out about 13,600L in like 3.5 square feet is this enough?

as always here are some pics
tell me what you guys think and dont be afraid to speak your mind, critisizm is welcome.

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0735.JPG

IMG_0736.JPG

Never used the soil moist before, How hot is your T-5? Can you get it any closer? The cfls are a good touch, but I would try to get them in a little closer to the plant. But you have to take temperature in mind otherwise you will fry that little girl. By chance have you hookes up your ventilation yet. It will make a world of difference getting some fresh air in their. They love fresh air. And it will remove some of the hot air. Stress free is the way they like it. And its hard to breath in here rite now.......Looks nice though.Shes nice and green......

Nice little set-up. Like Jman said, you can definately get those cfls closer. Looks like everything should go smoothly. Can't wait to see some Durban Poison bud!

haha well with all of that in there it said outside temp was 84, and inside was 78???? which one do i follow?

true i forgot to put the cfls closer my gf Bit**n at me to leave and i just set it up quick took some pics and what not. ill move em closer tomorrow.

no i havent hooked up the fan yet! i keep slacking i gotta set it up soon tho i know. i gotta make a run to homedepot i guess to get a 4" drillbit
and thanks mental im really excited as well!!

I take it you have a digital thermometer. Does it have a wireless unit, or is it wired? Well regardless the inside temp is where you main unit is, and the outside temp is for the wire of wireless unit. You have to drill a hole? I can see why it has taken so long! Can be a pain in the a@@ but it has to be done, she will be happier. I really can't say anything, I have to put a ventilation system in my clone box. They look like they need some fresh air, I guess that why I am on you for it.......Its will be on my mind till I do it. I use a passive intake on all my Grow Boxes with exhaust fans. Works pretty good. As the days grow warmer I am starting to have a little issue with heat. Not terrible, but not ideal.

same i know my heat isnt ideal, and yeah i have to drill a big dang hole thats y im to lazy to do it lol, plus a 4" drillbit is expensive, biggest size i have is 2.5".

and ya i have a digital therm with a probe. its the one from htg supply

You could have gotten a nice wireless thermometer with RH on the censor for 30 bucks at wal-mart pretty nice to lights up and ****, My wife gets tired of me always lookin at the darn thing. She a little jelous, but she know how much I have literally "grown" to love this hobby. Once I find my cord for my camera I will upload some more pics to my GJ. These buds are gettin sick dude. My tallest WW is gonna be one resiny mess I can't wait. They have all doubled in size in this 4th and 5th week. I can't wait. Also they are devouring every bit of nute I put in.

hahaha im jealous bro! especially cause its widow i would love to grow some... but anyway im going away on vacation so i had to move my baby outside do you think shell make it?

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

yeah if those floros are all as close as they
can be it will be fine. I actually dont think im
at the 5k lumen psf mark right now sadly enough
but my plants are lovin vegging where they are.
and i was using an hps for veg, and the temps were
too high. and the strain still managed to grow super fast
get the floros close and youll be fine! :ciao:

Latest posts

Back