Nutrient question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nOob grower

Reaction score
Im not quite to the point of needing nutrients but I went out and looked today for some, didnt buy anything though. When i got home i looked around in the garage and we have some Miracle-Gro Plant Food that is water soluble and is 24-8-16. Is this OK to use or do I need to find something different.

If your new to growing first of all MG is wrong for nutes for newbies like me I am a newbies & MG almost caused me problems.

What soil are using or Hydro?

If you can try and find a local hydro shop. They will have all teh fert you need. I use Fox Farm ferst myself. You can us the MG if you have no choice, i would use it very dilluted to start out. Good Luck

Im using Scott's Hyponix soil. There is a very large Nursery around my house but i doubt there is a Hydro store anywhere close. The main question i guess i have is what kind of nutrient level i should start off with?

Im using Scott's Hyponix soil. There is a very large Nursery around my house but i doubt there is a Hydro store anywhere close. The main question i guess i have is what kind of nutrient level i should start off with?

nOob grower said:

Your Ph of soil can be 6.5 to 7.0

Water Ph 7 & over is hard water.:afroweed:

nOob grower said:

I can not find any info on Scott's Hyponix soil on the net but I will keep on looking.

I have used it. It's the dirt cheap stuff at our dollar store round here. If that's all you can get though it's better than the average lawn's dirt. I am curious too how to make a soil like that great.

On Scott's web page I couldn't find anything or it could be because I am stoned but I looked for you hope this helps you ok. Need any help just send me a message ok bro or sista.

The Canabas Bible talks of adding sand for seedlings.

when going with soil,i like miracle grow general purpose soil.you dont have to fert right away and my seedlings have always thrived in it.i also suggest mixing some perlite in also. i've even heard of mixing the small rockwool cubes in with the soil.you'll notice alot of people in here usin fox farm soil.everybody in here seems to have good success with that.i think its only like $10 a bag.

I use FFO soil it is great!!!

nOob grower said:
It is made of Hypnum peat, forest compost, sand and perlite.

Does it have any nutes?

yea,thats some good stuff.fox farms been around for a while and has always kept a very good reputation w/ their customers.

New Packaging For
The Recipe For Success Starter Kit

hxxp://www.technaflora.com/

Timmy uses this Recipe For Success Starter Kit. Check out his journal bro this guy got pine mj girls. lol

Hear is Timmy link hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25782

Latest posts

Back