OG Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Real78

Reaction score
Set up
DWC
PH 6.0
Temp 74 degrees it will be back up to 76-78 degrees in a bit
Nutrients GH 3 part
Fresh air from outside and venting outside.

Ok, I have been having a hard time controlling the OG Kush. They started out looking very nice and then after three weeks started turning a light yellow, which I was told, they are ready for food. I feed them too much 1/4th instead of 1/8th which gave them nutrient burn. I changed the reservoir and only added two gallons of just water and one gallon of nutrients and that helped them out a lot.

[FONT=&quot]Now we’re at one and a half month and they are having problems adjusting with the 1/8th nutrient. I have not added 1/4th since my first mistake with that in the beginning. Any advice would be serf iced as I am out of ideas.[/FONT]

Real78 said:
Set up
DWC
PH 6.0
Temp 74 degrees it will be back up to 76-78 degrees in a bit
Nutrients GH 3 part
Fresh air from outside and venting outside.

Ok, I have been having a hard time controlling the OG Kush. They started out looking very nice and then after three weeks started turning a light yellow, which I was told, they are ready for food. I feed them too much 1/4th instead of 1/8th which gave them nutrient burn. I changed the reservoir and only added two gallons of just water and one gallon of nutrients and that helped them out a lot.

[FONT=&quot]Now we’re at one and a half month and they are having problems adjusting with the 1/8th nutrient. I have not added 1/4th since my first mistake with that in the beginning. Any advice would be serf iced as I am out of ideas.[/FONT]

they dont look that bad man at all.. you sounded like they were almost dead lol.. there in veg still ehh..
how do you mix your nutes??
and what kinda water you using??
mine went like that and it was from ph fluxualtion.. either at one poit it dropped to low or went to high and locked out nutes..
they dont look burnt to me though man..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
they dont look that bad man at all.. you sounded like they were almost dead lol.. there in veg still ehh..
how do you mix your nutes??
and what kinda water you using??
mine went like that and it was from ph fluxualtion.. either at one poit it dropped to low or went to high and locked out nutes..
they dont look burnt to me though man..
LH

I am using RO water and I mix my nutes in a one gallon milk jug that is full of RO water. I put in one at a time and every time I put a 1/8th in I cover and mix then I move on to the next until I have mixed all three in the same jug.

Real78 said:
I am using RO water and I mix my nutes in a one gallon milk jug that is full of RO water. I put in one at a time and every time I put a 1/8th in I cover and mix then I move on to the next until I have mixed all three in the same jug.

which do you mix first into the water??
random?? diferent everytime? or the same?

LH

The Hemp Goddess said:
I would try and drop my pH down a bit, to say, around 5.8. I like to let mine drift a bit--from about 5.5 to a high of 6.0. I think you may be locking some nutrients out at 6.0. Hewre is a link to a chart showing nutrient uptake at different pH levels. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1833&d=1141100090

I am going to check and adjust the ph in a bit, also how long do you recommend I just leave them in fresh RO water before adding nutes? I changed water yesterday due to nute burn to give them a chance to get better. Also should I just all 1/8th again or go with 1/4th nutes, they are one month and going into week four so almost two month old now.

Thanks for the chart I was looking for that in my files the other day and lost it.

LEFTHAND said:
which do you mix first into the water??
random?? diferent everytime? or the same?

LH

If you click on the pic you will get a better look so you can see the nute burn very clearly.:D

Real78 said:
If you click on the pic you will get a better look so you can see the nute burn very clearly.:D

if you noticed THG didnt say they looked burnt but more or less nute lock out.. thats why im asking you how you mix your nutes.. if you mix in a wrong order you cause nute lock out.....
most times nute burn starts from the tips and works in..
i think you have a LOCK OUT...
LH

make this simpler... if you or your brother dont or havent mixed the brown first, theres your problem nute lock out flush plants.......
LH

LEFTHAND said:
make this simpler... if you or your brother dont or havent mixed the brown first, theres your problem nute lock out flush plants.......
LH

I go in the order on the back of the bottle

Flower:Orange, Micro:Brown, Bloom:Reddish

All are mixed in a milk jug as follow.

Water in one gallon jug/ add flower then mix/ add Micro then mix and then Bloom then mix. After that is all done I adjust pH and then add to res.

Real78 said:
I go in the order on the back of the bottle

Flower:Orange, Micro:Brown, Bloom:Reddish

All are mixed in a milk jug as follow.

Water in one gallon jug/ add flower then mix/ add Micro then mix and then Bloom then mix. After that is all done I adjust pH and then add to res.

Anytime you mix nutes put the MICRO in first! This is important, they put them in separate bottles because the two nutrients can lock each other out.. Do micro then your other ferts Drop your PH and let it slowly raise. That isnt nutrient burn at all on your plants, they look nice and healthy just had a hiccup... Im also not seeing this damage on the new growth.. The plant will never repair the damaged areas so if you make the changes dont expect the damage thats there to go away.. Keep it up they look like they are thriving!

MindzEye said:
Anytime you mix nutes put the MICRO in first! This is important, they put them in separate bottles because the two nutrients can lock each other out.. Do micro then your other ferts Drop your PH and let it slowly raise. That isnt nutrient burn at all on your plants, they look nice and healthy just had a hiccup... Im also not seeing this damage on the new growth.. The plant will never repair the damaged areas so if you make the changes dont expect the damage thats there to go away.. Keep it up they look like they are thriving!

:yeahthat: Micro first.

Just so I understand everyone correctly.

1 gallon of RO water
Add Micro to water mix, then add flower mix and then bloom mix. Once this is done let it set for a little then adjust pH or should I adjust the pH once they are mixed?
Should I have to wait a few min before I mix each one into the water? Just when you think you understand what you are doing there is always new things you will learn as you go.

Thanks for all the help as well.

Real78 said:
Just so I understand everyone correctly.

1 gallon of RO water
Add Micro to water mix, then add flower mix and then bloom mix. Once this is done let it set for a little then adjust pH or should I adjust the pH once they are mixed?
Should I have to wait a few min before I mix each one into the water? Just when you think you understand what you are doing there is always new things you will learn as you go.

Thanks for all the help as well.

just mix your micro into your water then stir.. and then you can add the rest of your nutes after.. but mircro first.. you also may find it easier to make lager batches of water and nutes vs trying to measure out small amouts... i do mine in 5 gallon pails... personal preference...
LH

Latest posts

Back