Ph Way Low!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bznuts

Reaction score
:holysheep: i need some help and i am flipping out.:eek: well i finally got a ph tester and my plants are in soil with a ph ranging from 4.5-6!!! way low!!!

is there any way to raise the ph quickly?? because they are going to be flowering soon and harvested around columbus day! lime could take up to 3 months to see results! am i screwed or what!!? :confused:

pleas help guys, THANKS!

disolve baking soda in water and water your plants with it.. 1 tbsp per gallon. add a little more if your ph doesn't come back up to around 6.5. i've never done this but i've read alot about it. seems to be a safe way for a quick fix. i'd wait for others to chime in for more ideas.. good luck

after you add it wait for a few hours or over night before adding more.. it can take a little while to top out from what i've read.. it might read 6.1 right after but in two hours it could be alot higher so i would go slow.

thanks puff.

well after consulting with a buddy of mine i decided to do a flush, pure water, flush. buddy told me he had the same problem so he flushed with tap water and his ph jumped.

i heard that lime can take two to three months to adjust the ph of soil. is that true?

well i hope the tap water will hadle the job by flushing out the medium and dismissing the salt build up caused by heavy feeding. i guess i will check the ph again in the morning and if i dont see a raise then i will try the baking soda method.

actually I would recommend dolomite lime over garden lime it will add magnesium and calcium which are vital.

does NPK and Calcium (nutes) bring the pH up or down?

jeffca said:

Sulfur lowers the pH so Iron Sulphate will lower pH

While Lime raises the pH, Dolomite is just lime with Magnesium and Calcium

okay friends, this is bznuts thread....bznuts...when you flush with h2o be sure to do 3 time to soil..( 3 gallon container= 9 gallon water to flush)..good luck keep us posted

jeffca said:

i am pretty sure it is down. thats why i flushed my gurls today- because i have been feeding them like crazy and i think the build up of nutes is causing the ph to drop.

4u2smoke said:
okay friends, this is bznuts thread....bznuts...when you flush with h2o be sure to do 3 time to soil..( 3 gallon container= 9 gallon water to flush)..good luck keep us posted

cool well i flushed them today with plenty of water. i will check the ph in the morning and let you guys know what the deal is... if this doesnt work its baking soda time...

need to let the medium dry out completely then take reading my friend..what size container?

slowmo77 said:
disolve baking soda in water and water your plants with it.. 1 tbsp per gallon. add a little more if your ph doesn't come back up to around 6.5. i've never done this but i've read alot about it. seems to be a safe way for a quick fix. i'd wait for others to chime in for more ideas.. good luck

hey slowmo77..where are you reading this?..Im interested in the research thanks

they are in the ground.

my ph tester says it wants the soil moist but far from "wet".

4u2smoke- just type in raising ph with baking soda in your goggle search also try lowering ph with vinager.. lots of info on it good luck, you have to read alot of crap to find it but its there.

i always mix a little dolomite lime in my soil and my ph stay pretty stable. so far.

ok well i gave em a nice rinse with just water yesterday, and this morning i took a ph reading from the edge of the holes, which was the dryest area. just the plain tap water rinse jumped the ph up over night- now i am looking at a ph of about 6. :) thank god!

so atleast im not freakin out no more!!
is a ph of 6 OK? or should i shoot for more like 7?
thanks guys for all your help... marijuana passion ROCKS!!:fid:

Latest posts

Back