Pics of Rdrose's White Widow grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HippyInEngland said:
Nice grow Rd, make sure your baby doesn't become root bound and cause her stress.

Hippy

Hi Hippy, it's very possible that is already happening, I notice lots of roots near the soil surface in the pot when I aerate the soil at feeding time. Next time I'll have them in much larger pots or directly in the ground to prevent that.

But I do have to harvest next weekend, to allow enough time for them to dry and cure and put in jars before I leave for two weeks, otherwise I'd transplant them into something larger and let them flower longer.

Looking good! I think I am going to try white widow for my next grow.
Good smoking to you when the time comes:cool:

HippyInEngland said:
I presume the trichs are the colour you desire.

Hippy

I've been watching them...there are many cloudy, some still clear, hoping that some will start to show amber color soon, but I did dry and try some last week and really enjoyed the high!! :p

Yo RD

If you enjoyed it that much are you sure you want to go further with it?

Hippy

The harvest is complete... :aok:

I am attaching 3 cell phone pics, but I'm warning ya, they're not very good, :( I'm hoping that you can at least get some idea of how they look.

The weight was 1.15 #...I was very surprised about that! :shocked: I don't know what the dry weight will be...but I'll report on that later.

Took a pic of the biggest of the colas, don't know if it will show in the pics, but it measured 10" long. Most of the rest were from 2" - 5" long...not bad for a first time grow!! I'll get better!! :D

The other pics show each plants' harvest laid out on 8.5" X 11" printer paper and the buds in the paper plates is the "popcorn" buds (anything 1" or less)

I didn't cut the 'seeded lady'. :cool: I had enough to do just harvesting the other two...:eek: ...what a job!!! There isn't much in the way of flowers on her, anyway, mostly seeds, but I'll keep you posted. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ALSO...I really need some advice on how do you get the resin off your hands when you're done??? :confused:

I was going to go out with some friends tonight...BUT...had to cancel out... can't go out in public smelling like a MJ plant!! :eek:

I tried ...

dish soap, (no help)
Simple Green (helped some)
Rubbing Alcohol (got it out from under the fingernails)

I can still feel it on my skin, and I can definitely smell it. At this point, does it just have to wear off????? :confused2:

ATT00019.jpg

ATT00014.jpg

ATT00011.jpg

HippyInEngland said:
Yo RD

If you enjoyed it that much are you sure you want to go further with it?

Hippy

I've been asking myself that very question, Hippy, glad you asked it too, makes me feel better about going ahead and harvesting a little earlier than I thought I should. :)

What a wonderful harvest! Yummy Yummy!

I would love to smell like weed like you!;)

My guess is you would have about 5.5 oz dried bud off 1.15# wet. Way to go!:)

PB.........:)

how long did you let them flower for, and is the bud dense?

:holysheep: :doh: mmmmmmmmmmm i found it hehehe:D now give me a second to wipe the drool off my chin:D ok damn rose those budz do look nice and sticky and boy do they smell can smell them suckers over here:D great job when you gonna smoke us up:D :hubba:

Awsome grow and harvest , cant believe I missed this WW grow.
Gotta love your WW, and after its cured its going to taste awsome.

Try some wd-40 on you hands it will cut the oily trichomes and it covers the smell, then wash your hands with soap.

Hey Rdrose!! You had really nice plants there and nice harvest too!! :aok:
Next time, if you see root rebound, just repot the plants in bigger pots. You can grow some really nice and big plants in pots as you would outside. You usually need to repot a few times during your growth because all the nutrients contained in the soil are taken out by the plant itself. So, repotting will allow your plants to have the correct amount of nutrients all the time.
Well done!!!!

My guess is you would have about 5.5 oz dried bud off 1.15# wet. Way to go!

I'll keep you posted on that, PB!!

great job when you gonna smoke us up

Hey Sticky, give me 3 weeks for dry/cure and my vacation, and we'll get together, test it out and do a smoke report...:hubba: :D I'm sure you can teach me some of the finer points of smoke reporting...;)

Shuggy, I let them flower for 7 weeks, the buds are pretty dense, the calyxes were mostly brown and lots of cloudy trich's. The cell phone camera just didn't give good pics, unfortunately!

Try some wd-40 on you hands it will cut the oily trichomes and it covers the smell, then wash your hands with soap.

Thanks for the tip on the wd-40! That stuff is great! :holysheep:

Little did I know that all that sticky residue I kept trying to rub off my hands was actually a form of Hash, if I understand what I was reading in the 'hash forum' last night...LOL:confused2:

Hey Rdrose!! You had really nice plants there and nice harvest too!!
Next time, if you see root rebound, just repot the plants in bigger pots.

Thanks Hemp-o-Kitty, and next time I will move them to larger pots, in fact, I think I'll probably put them into much larger pots to begin with...Maybe 1/2 oak barrels would work. :) I didn't really notice the roots so much until about 2 weeks ago and since I had to harvest them this weekend, I didn't see much point in transplanting them so I kept the nutes coming and hoped for the best...:D

RD

You will lose approx 60% of the wet weight when dried

Great pics

Im not sure i will mention hey guys heres my big tip and its 10 inches when i post my harvest lmao

By the way, crush several garlic cloves and wash your hands with it, the oils from the garlic dissolve the resin, then wash your hands with any detergent, it washes the resin off and masks the smell of the resin, ok you may have a garlic low odour, better than having stinky bud fingers and you can make an excuse that you just cooked italian :)

Hippy

WoW,
Nice book report. Should be worth a B+ at least, coulda had better grade if pics had come out better,LOL
Serious though, I can only say MMMMMMmmmmmMMMM

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

HippyInEngland said:
RD

Im not sure i will mention hey guys heres my big tip and its 10 inches when i post my harvest lmao

Hippy

:rofl: :rofl: Well I certainly wouldn't want to cause any 'tip' envy... :rofl:

LOL...oh, and thanks for the garlic oil idea... :D

KingKahuuna said:
WoW,
Nice book report. Should be worth a B+ at least, coulda had better grade if pics had come out better,LOL
Serious though, I can only say MMMMMMmmmmmMMMM

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks, KingK...(;) cute abbreviation...),

LOLOLOL!!! I always was a good student!!!

I am jealous Rdrose, I am about four weeks away until my harvest and am getting very antsy. You did a great job and next time you can wipe your hands off on my shirt I would love to walk around smelling MJ all day.

Latest posts

Back