Plant Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfh0636

Reaction score
I have six plants in all now that are females. Well, five that you can tell and one that I'm still unsure about. Two of the plants are having problems. The one plant's leaves are shriveling and sagging and looks like it is dying. The other plant was burnt by my grow light because it got so tall that it reached the light and now it doesn't look good. The problem is I'm growing in a very small room with a slanted cieling so the light really cannot go any higher than what it is at. So at the moment I'm sort of at a loss of what to do. Should I pull off all the old burnt leaves as well? The rest of my plants look healthy and normal.

Oh I also forgot to mention all my roots are now growing out of my rockwool blocks and into the tray is this a bad thing?

I moved this thread over to the Sick Plants & Problems category. Pictures are included there.

You should cut off any part of the plant that got burnt or damaged. Otherwise the plant will want to "repair" those areas, where you want growth and size. once your plant is getting as far into the light, you should tie it down so that the plant will not grow into the light as before. It is a good thing to see roots coming out of the rockwool cubes, but its a bad thing to have them be in light. You should cover up those roots so they don't get baked by your light

Could I fill the tray with aquarium gravel around the rockwool cubes?

Well polished rocks rather than aquarium gravel.

anything that will cover them up..... even if you put plastic sheeting covering the whole tray with holes cut just so your plants get thru, but no light on the roots.

Latest posts

Back