Power company is turning off my electricity for 22 hours!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
assuming this is soil, my guess is you should be fine.

if you're doing hydro, you're going to want to manually feed the plants

the chef said:
My concern is what are the temps when the lights are off? 40 is a might bit cold.
Normally when the power is on, I have a heater hooked up to my controller and the temp stays between 75-80 at all times. I figure with no power it will drop to whatever the outside temp will be, probably around 45.

parkone said:
This is going to happen in two weeks for maintnence, which will be 4 weeks into flower. Should I rent a generator?

Generator for what? Your in flower, You could leave the lights off for whatever amount of time you want. If your in veg then just put some large flash lights in the room to make sure they are getting their 18hrs of light.

parkone said:
Normally when the power is on, I have a heater hooked up to my controller and the temp stays between 75-80 at all times. I figure with no power it will drop to whatever the outside temp will be, probably around 45.

It wont drop to what it is outside but plants can handle a bit of frost anyways. No biggie, we have to deal with power outages all the time and its under 30 here.

ledtester said:
It wont drop to what it is outside but plants can handle a bit of frost anyways. No biggie, we have to deal with power outages all the time and its under 30 here.
how often do you mean by "all the time"? sounds like hard to grow indoors conditions

ledtester said:
Generator for what? Your in flower, You could leave the lights off for whatever amount of time you want. If your in veg then just put some large flash lights in the room to make sure they are getting their 18hrs of light.

actually its vital that your girl recieves 12 hours of light and darkness certain strains may vary by an hour or so.. but u cant jus leave the lights off "whenever" and expect her to do her thing to her potential.. and 2nd please tell me your not growing with flashlights?:confused: :confused:

ledtester said:

where are you finding this info.. wherever u read or heard this from is completely false.. yes it can deal with a lil cold but too much will shock the plant.. especially it bein in the 30's.. mid 50's is pushing it.. 65 to 75 would have to b most ideal i would say.. anybody correct me if im wrong..

OMG i'm sorry everyone but this is getting a little crazy, it is one night. let me clarify this again... One night. Your plant is not going to shrivel up and die over one night in a little cold.

Yes leaving a plant to constant below 65 temps is bad, It wont process light, but it's not like they are going to be like that for a week or anything.

Your plants will be fine man. If it helps you sleep at night do what dirty and hemp goddess said and put a little lantern in there but I assure you nothing will happen to your babies.

flaboy88 said:
where are you finding this info.. wherever u read or heard this from is completely false.. yes it can deal with a lil cold but too much will shock the plant.. especially it bein in the 30's.. mid 50's is pushing it.. 65 to 75 would have to b most ideal i would say.. anybody correct me if im wrong..

Info? It's called experience,,,get some instead of growing out of a book and quoting someone elses.

flaboy88 said:
actually its vital that your girl recieves 12 hours of light and darkness certain strains may vary by an hour or so.. but u cant jus leave the lights off "whenever" and expect her to do her thing to her potential.. and 2nd please tell me your not growing with flashlights?:confused: :confused:
You oughta read the problem first before opening your yap...horsebleep to you sir,,,the OP is worried about the lights being off for 22 hours during flower,,,if you see a problem with that then maybe you should change libraries.

ledtester said:
Info? It's called experience,,,get some instead of growing out of a book and quoting someone elses.

well in my experience nd from others nd from jus the knowledge that has been obtained about mj.. 65 to 75 is a great range temp for ur girls to thrive in.. when the temps are so low they dont thrive like they normally would cuz they are fighting the cold

ledtester said:
You oughta read the problem first before opening your yap...horsebleep to you sir,,,the OP is worried about the lights being off for 22 hours during flower,,,if you see a problem with that then maybe you should change libraries.

woah woah.. some1 has a short temper.. how bout u calm down and smoke 1.. i dont see a problem.. except that u would put flashlights on your girls.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: i would jus leave the lights off a full day till the power is back nd put it rite back in ur cycle

get a 1000$ battery to run a flashlight for 22 hours :giggle:

yeah they had them at 1000batteries.com (put 3 w's in front)

Check out the flashlight siteat bestflashlightsforfolkswholostpowertotheirWed
.com

parkone said:
This is going to happen in two weeks for maintnence, which will be 4 weeks into flower. Should I rent a generator?

Basicly it will be fine to leave them off for 1 day and you dont need to worry about it. if its going to be longer or you are extra worried try and warm up the place a little if you have the equiptment.

hugs4nuggs420 said:
OMG i'm sorry everyone but this is getting a little crazy,

Everything turns into an argument here because people dont understand that everyone has different opinions on things. a FORUM is here for everyone to share there opinions.
some MJ strains would take a night in the bad and have no effects some may get a little stuned. its not going to kill it though.

I lost my power for 40hours last month when I was 2 weeks into flower. Temps were around 50-55 most of the time. I waited an additional 6 hours to start them at regular time. I noticed no effects at all. It may have slowed them down for a day or two but I was right at the end of the stretch anyway so hard to tell. I'm sure there may be some freak strain somewhere(probably sativa IMO) that this would severely stress or herm, but I believe you won't even notice a difference...40* or no 40*.

Jericho said:
Basicly it will be fine to leave them off for 1 day and you dont need to worry about it. if its going to be longer or you are extra worried try and warm up the place a little if you have the equiptment.

Everything turns into an argument here because people dont understand that everyone has different opinions on things. a FORUM is here for everyone to share there opinions.
some MJ strains would take a night in the bad and have no effects some may get a little stuned. its not going to kill it though.

Opinions are one thing, different strains...sure are another...a ******** that can't read the op's problem or my reply that they opened their yap about...priceless!
If he or it can't understand that plants in veg shouldn't be given 22 hrs of darkness then bless your opiniated ***....LOL

where i live, in the fall around halloween i routinly have night time temps in the middle 40's. granted my plants are ready to be harvested and flowering is all but over, i get temps for a week in the 40's in september and it really dosen't affect the plants all that much. one night ain't gonna hurt.

ledtester said:
Opinions are one thing, different strains...sure are another...a ******** that can't read the op's problem or my reply that they opened their yap about...priceless!
If he or it can't understand that plants in veg shouldn't be given 22 hrs of darkness then bless your opiniated ***....LOL

Hey dude there in flowering not veg why dont you read the thread instead of running your yap!!!
We here on MP are here to help not bash ones thoughts by doing this it will only hurt your self when time of need.
just my 2 cents.

Latest posts

Back