Prepping for first grow! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy organic soil all ready made...Fox farm makes some good stuff...But me personally would just go local nursery and buy the local organic poting soil...and use the GH part 3 nutets as said..and if ya choose to Run Hydro Bam..Ya have the nutes for that as well...just get yaself a GOOD Ph meter...you will need to also know the Water your using...call the water company if they is one and ask for the purities/addatives in the water...I Love My Pineapple express....

:48:

that light looks great but what is your price range? the ipower 600w dimmable mh/hps cooltube with xl hood i got from ebay was only 227 with shipping and came with hangers and both bulbs and timer. Its the buy it now option. i love my setup. works like a charm stays nice and cool. I get 12 inches from my canopy no problems! Hope you get that setup for what your bidding!

@4u: Thanks so much I'll be looking into some of that absolutely!

@HighBrix: You mean like this light? hxxp://growace.com/product_info/600w-hps-air-cooled-tube-digital-ballast-grow-light-kit.html

My price range is "around" $200.... I didn't realize that the vegging lights would be so expensive either, so I think I'm going to purchase the bulbs and use a 4 FT fixture I already have, just upgrade the bulbs in them. HO T5 ... any thoughts? I didn't expect the vegging light to be so expensive too :(

Also, this action looks like a trap / scheme, even though the seller has lots of sales and nearly perfect transaction rate. Looks like for $116 you can pick your hood, your ballast bulb etc....

Anyone check this out?

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/400W-600W-1000W-DIGITAL-GROW-LIGHT-KIT-PACKAGE-COMBO-SYSTEM-HPS-MH-HYDROPONICS-/370676583678?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D142%26meid%3D5911622846477949023%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1076%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D181090318893%26

EllisD said:
Also, this action looks like a trap / scheme, even though the seller has lots of sales and nearly perfect transaction rate. Looks like for $116 you can pick your hood, your ballast bulb etc....

Anyone check this out?

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/400W-600W-1000W-DIGITAL-GROW-LIGHT-KIT-PACKAGE-COMBO-SYSTEM-HPS-MH-HYDROPONICS-/370676583678?_trksid=p2047675.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D142%26meid%3D5911622846477949023%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1076%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D181090318893%26

Hey there EllisD,

Cool name ;)
One would wonder if you are already in some kind of trap/scheme ...
only sayin cos i never seen many ebay items with all of this
aid%3D555003%26algo%3DPW.CAT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D142%26meid%3D5911622846477949023%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D1076%26rk%3D3%26sd%3D181090318893%26

Kinda makes 1 steer clear.

Just sayin ;)
Carry on.

That link I didn't pay for. I did bid on a used once system with a 100% feedback seller, but that was a couple posts ago. I just happened to see this other link and thought "errr.. scheme?"

I won't be buying from that link ever for sure.

Thanks for checking in TwoHigh and thanks for enjoying the name :) It's a play on words with my last name.

So the one I have the bid on, I was wondering.. considering it's been through 1 grow and how it looks, what's the highest I should big on this?

hxxp://www.ebay.com/itm/600W-MH-HPS-GROW-LIGHT-SYSTEM-DIMMABLE-REVOLT-DIGITAL-BALLAST-BULBS-INCLUDED-/181090318893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a29d2fa2d&autorefresh=true

This is going to be hotter I imagine. I think I should just snag a cool tube for $220.

I would just get the cool tube you wont be disappointed. it comes with a 3 year warranty and everything you need! My first ballast stopped working three weeks after I got it, and i contacted them they paid for shipping and took it back no questions asked. As soon as I shipped it and gave a tracking number they sent out a new one. I havnt had any issues with the new one. great company(hpsgrowlightstore). So yeah its a confident buy for sure!

Oh wow, is it just me or is this exactly what I'm looking for at the best price I've seen yet? lol. Cheers HighBrix!

hxxp://hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/hot-best-value-1/ipower-grow-light-600w-hps-mh-dimmable-cool-tube-reflector-set.html

4u2sm0ke said:
You can buy organic soil all ready made...Fox farm makes some good stuff...But me personally would just go local nursery and buy the local organic poting soil...and use the GH part 3 nutets as said..and if ya choose to Run Hydro Bam..Ya have the nutes for that as well...just get yaself a GOOD Ph meter...you will need to also know the Water your using...call the water company if they is one and ask for the purities/addatives in the water...I Love My Pineapple express....

:48:

Yeah,,I grew some PE outside last yr and have already smoked it all,,,DAMNT.:eek:http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=795271&postcount=7

220 dollars free shipping. Comes with 2 bulbs, dimable 600w digital ballast, air cooled hood and not a cool tube, and pro grip type light hangers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/600w-HPS-MH-Lamp-6-Air-Cooled-Reflector-Hood-Dimmable-600-watt-Grow-Light-Kit-/140921120948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cf8da8b4

IMO, an air cooled reflector will spread the light a lot better than a cooltube. I only like cooltubes for small spaces with small wattage bulbs. They just do not spread the light as efficiently as a large reflector in a large space.

air cooled it is. (by the way, do I setup some kinda fan and duct system with it?)

Also, wondering where I can purchase pro mix bx in New Hampshire. I'd purchase online but shipping is ignorant. I don't really know how much I need either, but I'm sure I should find it or something like it locally and not order online lol.

they do make a cooltube with an xl hood thats approx 28x40 inches as a guesstimate. i dont have a tape measure. but it came with rope ratchet hangers a mh bulb hps bulb digital ballast and a timer. all for 225. on ebay. its the only one ive seen like it but the hood is huge with a cooltube running through it. stays cool and i have it 12 inches from my plants no problem.

EllisD said:
air cooled it is. (by the way, do I setup some kinda fan and duct system with it?)

TheHempGodess linked ya good.(ya see how they changed to pull air from bottom:aok:)..I would get a cfm(vortex type) twice the size needed...a speed controller...if ya have the room place the cfm half way between the light and the side wall...than to the scrubber if using one...I pull air through the light...cools the light and brings fresh air into tent/room...I also thaught I had better light spred when I had aircool hood than I do with these cool tubes...

Thank you very much THG and everyone else for the words! I will need to sort where to attain soil and where/what to get for the right materials to make my room (I need to take a pic and show you guys the space and potential).

I want to prep my room and have it ready.. that I can afford now. When I get t a x money back I'm going to use some of it for light etc. Going to buy the seeds tonight / tomorrow I believe. Those are going to stay good for a bit till I grow them.

So much to do, so little money :(

Yur gonna Love smoken your own Weed. Green Mojo to ya.:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back