problem with week old

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster26

Reaction score
so i got a couple WW and they popped out of the soiless mix about a week ago and the oval leaves have some yellowing. is this normal? should i be worried? not useing nutes and temps are just about right. humidity is a little low but thats about it. any idea's

I'm thinking the same thing... do you have any idea of the ph of the soil mixture?... might not be too good for the plant and you might need to adjust it...

at any rate, I would just let it grow if I didn't check the ph of the soil... could just be the plant....

i am useing this soiless mix called Jiffy-mix. It has peat moss and perilite and also has limestone to balance the P.H

its natural when they get hungry....the yellowing is a lack of Nitrogen .feed a balanced fertilizer with 1/4 the strength on bottle. try to buy something organic to help keep from burning them, fish emoulsion works as astarter but a complete nute might be better for a biginner.

goodluck

Don't feed a seedling ferts!

The oval leaves are supposed to yellow and fall off -- are there any other leaves on the plant yet? At most I would say transplant it into a good soil, or a mix with some compost and give it a day or two.

I recently had my seedlings turn yellow and someone told me to transplant them, they popped back and tripled in size within 4 days.

I would hesitate to use a liqued fish emulsion,
I have a gallon of the stuff, and I'm here to tell you that it is some strong stuff, I have literally cooked roots with it before. I use it very sparingly.
I do use it, but I would say to wait till your babies are a lot older, then start out with 1/4 of what the package says as far as amount to feed. Slowely build up as your plants can handle it.
Don't get me wrong, it is great stuff, but too much of a good thing can hurt.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Latest posts

Back