questiono

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schoolboy420

greenybeanymeanies
Reaction score
alright im accepting that my first grow is a fail. if it makes it through flowering its gonna be dirt practically but the only reason i grew was bc this town gets nothing but dirt. and i mean dirtweed. headache throat hurts stuff. and im growing bc im a broke **** and dont wanna keep wasting money on 30 minute headchanges.

my setup. i have light made for indoor growing, but im pretty sure it doesnt have enough watts. i have no clue how many. i have no ventilation. i basically fan it with a blanket everyday for about 2 minutes or so. no nutes. growing them in half gallon tupperware. so even if by some chance they made it through it would be dirt. and i know most of you are probably smacking yourselves in the face saying omg this dudes retarded, and your exactly right. but hey its the first grow, starting with no knowlege slowing gaining it daily bc the forum, i study this. even if theres a post that has nothing to do with my problems its still good to know for future problems.

one plant has been the same exact size for a month, one foot no shown sex that i can see, and its been working on the same new growth of leaves. and the other one is nearly 3ft tall with only 12 leaves on the whole plant. the first one looks healthy but doesnt act it. the second one is still leaning on a fork, starting to look in need of nutes, which i plan on buying but wont have cash for a week. the biggest has purple stems, one yellow leaf thats been there for a month, and some burns from where i stayed at a cousins for a night and came back and it was touching the light when i got back. but its not a horrible burn just affected one leaf, and the leaf is still in decent shape for a burn, burn spot leaf still stretched.

and ive been debating within the passed hour, not much time, but i have came to a deciding point. pull the plug or go with forced flowering and just get what i can since its hitting the end of 2 months.

the only thing ive even been able to find on forced flowering is that if they havent shown sex yet it could cause them to go hermie, which where i live is about all the bud you see anyway that or pregnant females. so either way oh well, what i want to know from you guys here is...

based on this, no pics phones gay, should i pull the plug or should i go forced flowering. id let it go like ive been doing but im considering moving soon.

and how would i go about forced flowering???

thanks in advanced for the wisdom ;)

If your moving and you dont care anyway, why not just wait and do it the right way and get your setup right and buy some nutes. You can flower it but your going to have a hard time growing good buds etc if you dont give it some nutes buddy. :D

..Sorry "schoolboy", but your queries may fall on deaf ears here....;) (most of us ARE parents or have been)
Get "your own" place, get outta' Mom 'n Dads house. THEN we will be far more receptive to your questions... :D

Sounds like your plants are rootbound.... and your lights are too far away from them (also not the right kind of lights) You may want to go buy a couple of 150 watt CFL's and hang them about 3" from the tops of your plants. Transplant them, keep the lights close, set them on a 12/12 light cycle, see what happens. As for the weak plant leaning on a fork...bury the stem to about 3 inches from the first node producing leaves, and kinda softly pack the dirt around it to keep it straight up and down. You can still 'salavage' what time and energy you've put into your li'l weeds....however, if you're going to do anything, research, research research! And if you're doing it..you may aswell do it the right way, instead of half-arsed. Read threads old and new, lots of the sticky posts have good information you can use to maximize your efforts.....also.... fix your set up, make yourself a small enclosure, line it with mylar or panda paper, so you don't waste what little light you have. You can buy space blankets which are mylar at sporting goods stores, in the camping supply section, should be 2-3 dollars (2 at wal-mart)....good luck. Again, anything worth doing, is worth doing RIGHT.

My young friend I would recommend that you plant a few plants outdoors this year, read over some guidelines and how too's. To me, it sounds like you don't have the desire to grow seeing you have not specified light, soil, strains, age of the plants and fanning your plants by a blanket.
I would immediately look into purchasing some t5 lighting, mh/hps, or even 1 REALLY powerful Compact Flouro for each plant.
You could force your plants into budding....but are they healthy enough? A plant can bud even if it is only 8 inches tall, but it has to be healthy.
Also purchase some basic nutrients from a local garden center for when they will need them. You could get away with 20$ for enough that will last for a couple grows of 5 plants-hopefully.

Let us know what ur ph is, soil type, lights, strain, age, how you water them...those are some of the most important details when farming

Couldn't be bothered to read the whole thing sorry dude but this sounds like your main problems:

Your lights, you may be using wrong lights, you need to know EXACTLY what you're growing with, search on google, tell us everything it says on the light, what does it look like, is the light blue/whiteish or red/orangeish.

Your pots, your plant may not be growing because they have no room for the roots to expand. Get bigger pots, like the size of a basketball ( but not round ofcourse )

Do you have holes in the bottom of your pot?

I think your better off growing next to a window or somewhere outside, your 1 light doesnt sound strong enough.

yup yup. i know. these 2 plants are practically screwed if i try to keep going on them. i just wanna know how to do the forced flower. and get this grow over with. i water them once a day, as soon as i wake up. the light has a bluesh tone to it but mostly white. i just wanna know how to force flower so i can try to get what i can from them. then im gonna do the next grow when i have what i need. and then ill probably get the lowryder ak47 auto flower seeds. those buds look tasty.

okay well you cant flower them inless you get the correct type of light, that puts out red spectrum ( that doesn't necessarilly mean it looks red, you cant see the spectrum ) , the light you are describing is either an incadesent light bulb ( useless for growing ) or a Soft White CFL, ( the twirly energy saver ones ) which are only good for vegetation, if you want to flower them you need to buy the warm white CFL, not the soft white, it looks more red then blue, then you keep it on for 12 hours on, 12 hours off, you have to change the lights on and off every 12 hours for 8 weeks.

First thing dude, I grew at my parents house for a while, not a cool thing to do but I did. Now that I moved out Ive bought as many grow books as possible and read read read all of them over and over! You can flower any female plant at really any age as long as they get 12 hrs of light and 12hrs of dark absolutly no light leaks at all! Get yourself an HPS lamp and timer some good organic soil and some good nutrients, ph tester and a fan. Depending on the size of your lamp you may need an air cooled lamp therefor you will need a vent fan to pull cooler air from outside the grow area through the lamp to keep grow room temps down. An exhaust fan to pull out old air and another fan to pull in fresh air. The bigger the garden the more expensive this hobby gets. For personal smoke a 150 or 250w HPS lamp will be perfect for a closet and 4 small plants in one or 2 gallon containers. I would grow them until there 6in tall then flower them and you will be great! Some good books are "Grow Great Marijana" by Logan edwards anything by Ed Rosenthal and Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers guide buy Jorge Cervantes. Check out amazon.com

yeah, in all honesty i had absolutely no clue at all what i was doing from the start took soil from one of my moms flower pots through something together germinated seeds and planted. i hate that im growing here but its been 2 months so i wanna get what i can and then while i still live here buy what i can for when i move to grow in my own place, which should be in a few months. thanks for the great info everyone.

one last thing, how strong does the smell get from just one flowering plant, bc i will probably have to get an apartment. safe or just plain risky?

the light is colored blue but looks more white. but idk really at all what the light is or watt amount. the babies seem to be doing better today. but still not good. ah well. i just wanna hurry up and get the smoke from them, and call it quits growing here.

schoolboy420 said:
ah well. i just wanna hurry up and get the smoke from them, and call it quits growing here.

Well then just kick over that pot and call it quits because your not going to get any smoke from them at this rate IMO.

schoolboy420 said:
the light is colored blue but looks more white. but idk really at all what the light is or watt amount. the babies seem to be doing better today. but still not good. ah well. i just wanna hurry up and get the smoke from them, and call it quits growing here.

Schoolboy I mean this is the most sincere ways possible, stick to growing outdoors for now, its cool that you wanted to germ and plant some seeds, but truth is, there's alot to indoor growing. ALOT. if you just wanted to plant some seeds and get bud from them in a couple months then planting them outside is your best bet.

For example, you can't grow weed with just 'any' light, so inless you know what your light is odds are it wont grow weed.

i thought about that, but id rather do it indoor. and i said that i didnt have any clue how to do it at the beginning. ive studied everything on here practically, and on plenty of other grow sites. but before i do the next indoor grow im going to buy a good grow book and buy all the necessary stuff, the right light, the right soil, fox farms nutes, proper planting container, ph test kits, the proper ventilation and all that. read the book. and then grow and follow allong in the book.

hah im not completely stupid on growing, but i do know i have much to learn.

schoolboy420 said:
i thought about that, but id rather do it indoor. and i said that i didnt have any clue how to do it at the beginning. ive studied everything on here practically, and on plenty of other grow sites. but before i do the next indoor grow im going to buy a good grow book and buy all the necessary stuff, the right light, the right soil, fox farms nutes, proper planting container, ph test kits, the proper ventilation and all that. read the book. and then grow and follow allong in the book.

hah im not completely stupid on growing, but i do know i have much to learn.
okay well first thing you need to do is correctly identify the light you are using, is it a twirly light saver ones? try to find a picture on the web.

ive tried and tried. its not an energy saver. hah all i remember is picking it up at walmart bc it said plant light. but i doubt its good enough

ill find it and tell you, id check the light bulb bc there was a symbol in the middle, but i look and it looked like it melted the paint off lol.

schoolboy420 said:
i basically fan it with a blanket everyday for about 2 minutes or so.
hahahahahahahahaha
oh man give me a second....whew...
sounds like the joke i made about my DIY bubbler,where i put 4 straws in the holes of the lid and put 2 clones in and blew in one of the open straws as a joke for my girl and said "look its a DIY bubbler" haha.

noneedforalarm said:
hahahahahahahahaha
oh man give me a second....whew...
sounds like the joke i made about my DIY bubbler,where i put 4 straws in the holes of the lid and put 2 clones in and blew in one of the open straws as a joke for my girl and said "look its a DIY bubbler" haha.
lol i know. im dumb. it happens haha.

hxxp://www.elightbulbs.com/catalog_product.cfm?source=ShoppingCSE&prod=GL20813

heres a real face smacker. i might as well kill em. i knew it probably wasnt enough.
but didnt think this off.
this is exactly what lack of research does..

I click the link only brings me to homepage, if it looks like this one then its no good, it says full spectrum and plant light but it's simply not strong enough and puts off too much heat to grow weed, dont give up and dont kill them babies, just a couple more weeks and they can be put outside and the sun is better then a 10000 Watt light.

0413.jpg

haha, it was kinda shaped like that, but a bit different, its incandesent or whatever and only a measly 65 watts, but there actually not doing as bad as you would think, i think i actually need to back the light off a bit, bc it burned part of a leaf this morning. but its rapidly developing right now some how. i probably just need to get some good nutes and i can probably finish this off, i think they are used to that light somehow, plus the blue on the front of the light burnt off so it puts out a bit more heat, less shade to it. and i stacked books under the smaller one so its a lot closer to the light. im not even sure if that was my light, it looks kinda like it but i cant tell because im using the light in a little lamp type thing that i originally got for my snake that ended up getting loose.

the light seems brighter than 65 watts, but then again im not even close to a light expert.

and would the lack of good lighting and nutes be the reason the smaller one has like 5 nodes but no leaf on that one has more than 3pts. and the other one has a bunch of sets of 5.

im hoping none of those are indicators i have males. someone told me that but i didnt believe it, because its not flowering yet.

Got the Bubba Kush, Bubble Gum, Blueberry, Sour D, Alaskan thunderfuck
Ak-47 and the OG kush, you got Purple and the Durban, Grand Dad, the Mother ship and the Orange Crush, G13 and little balls of hash, yeah!
The Bubba Kush, Bubble Gum, Blueberry, Sour D, Alaskan thunderfuck

Latest posts

Back