quick nute questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

someguy

Rhinestone Cowboy
Reaction score
generally in a hydro setup with a decent amount of airation, what gets used up faster, the water evaporating and being used by plants, or the nutes? do the nutes evaporate with the water or just used by plants? i have to add water mid week to my res(i water change every weekend), should i add a lil nutes?

Nutes don't evaporate. Gases do. The water evap. changes due to temp. You should not add more nutes mid way through. Just add water and ph it. Adding more nutes mid way can throw things off.

Maybe I have just gotten lazy... Or maybe good, but I doubt it. ;) Hahah

Anyways, when first mixing up a batch for a new set of plants, I check the water, set the ppm and pH and just keep topping the water off. Once I see the plants looking as if they are hungry, usually two weeks later, I eyeball a few more nutes and keep going. So, I guess I just have a feeling for how much food they need. I never check my pH or anything anymore... Then again, I have only been growing lettuce for the past 4 months and the nute requirements are rather the same throughout... But still, nothing too different than the ganja.

So, plants use water much faster than they will use nutes... Watch your levels without adding more water, the pH will decrease and the ppm with increase as the concentration of nutrients is higher.

Latest posts

Back