Revegging Mother After Harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannibud

PermaStoned
Reaction score
I will be harvesting my mother plant in about 4 weeks. I plan on revegging her after harvest and using her as a clone mother. What is the best harvesting procedure if you plan on revegging the plant? Any help would be appreciated.... Thanks

im doing the same thing right now.. i harvested and shes been in veg for about 3 weeks and got some nice new growth going. first off don't take more than 2/3 of your plant. i just trimmed off all the buds leaving the smaller ones around the bottom, thats where all my new growth is coming from, the buds that i left shot out branches every where. after you trim it change your lights back to 18/6.. i hope this works its what im doing and it seems fine so far.

so to sum up trim bud, leave a few young buds around the bottom,
and as many sun leaves as you can, change lights 18/6 or 24/0 and wait for new growth. i hope this helps.. good luck

It does take awhile for it to revert to vegging. As Slowmo said, leave about 1/3 of the plant. The first leaves that appear will be single bladed and look rather strange. Then all of a sudden, they start growing faster and grow normal leaves. I usually go ahead and put them under 24/7
with vegging nutes.

:aok: sounds good to me. ya its a slow process from the time you change your light cycle till you see new growth, and when it starts its slow then one day you'll check on it and BAM its got new growth every where. and those round leaves just look funny. not use to seeing it on mj. good luck

i`ve cloned buds numerous times and it takes forever for them to start growing. they have to root first then they seem to go dormant for a cpl of weeks then the wierd leaves start. then lo an behold branches:) i love to make mj plants. prolly as much as i like smokin em. but my point is they take quite alot of time to jump back to veg.makes me wonder how much light it wood take to mess up the flower cycle. sum day i`ll do a non sientific test torture a cpl of plants an see what happens.

The term "Mother Plant" is intended to mean a host plant to clones. The plant isn't allowed to produce flowers and is kept in a perpetual vegetative state, topped and LST applied to make the plant as compact as possible with as many different branches as possible to use for clones.

A plant that has flowered can be put back into a vegetative state and *then* kept in that state for cloning, but it does take longer to return it to a size and growth stage that will produce a large amount of vegetative growth.

It's best to use a plant that has never been flowered. You'll get much faster results in numbers of usable clones.

my opinion is to clone from her before you flower her, you will be waiting mos for her to revert back. use that clone as your mother

P.BLAZUH true but what if the plant was never intended to be a mother and then when you grew and harvested it was the most amazing stuff you have ever had? This would sure be a nice tidbit to know about.

that exactly what happen to me.. never thought the bud would be as good as it was, can't remember where i got the seed. without revegging it would be lost. can't let that happen. as far as having to wait along time to get a good clone off of it, its been in veg 4 weeks today and im a week away from taking about 8 clones. so 4 weeks isn't that bad. so that 1 more week before i cut clones, 2 weeks to root, then 5 weeks of veg. when the i have in flowering finish my clones will be ready to go in.. works out great.

Tater said:
P.BLAZUH true but what if the plant was never intended to be a mother and then when you grew and harvested it was the most amazing stuff you have ever had? This would sure be a nice tidbit to know about.
I personally clone from all my plants grown from seed and flower the clone just to see what I have that way I dont waist time. That was how I was taught. And that way in the end I wont be kickin my self in the azz because I flowered her and she the best I ever had

Latest posts

Back