Rookie Bagseed Grow(PICS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7thG

Victimless Criminal
Reaction score
Ok so to those of you have been around a while you may remember me and my last attempt at growing. I abandoned that project for a multitude of reasons. In any case thats behind me and I ready for another shot.

After running around all day I finally found the adaptor I need to get my cooltube mated to my 250w lumetek ballast. I also grabbed a huge bag of Ocean Forest. Im gonna get my supplies as I go week to week. At the top of the list is:

A fan or 2
Perlite
PH supplies
MH bulb

After I get all that then its probably some nutes then I'll figure out where to go from there. As soon as I got home I hooked the light up and was very surprised by the not so bright light coming off it. Then, I was temporarily blinded as it let out a little hum and changed into a light that can only be compared to the sun.lol Right now Im letting it run while I take care of things around the house. So far I'm happy to say it's completely silent and bright as ish. Theres some radiant heat but not too much. A fan or two should elimate that concern. Dont know if I'll be able to enclose it like I planned. You should be able to see what I mean from the pics I'm gonna upload. So Just to go over what I have......

2 Bagseeds in Miracle Grow(i stole some dirt from a plant in my house to put around where i dropped in the seed so it at least gets to grow a little before it gets hit with the questionable MG nutes.

The 2 seeds are in an emptied out dresser with a 250 watt lumetek cooltube setup about 2-3 feet above them. Using a HPS bulb now but I think it will be alright.
Found a local grow shop:D

All questions, comments, opinions, or concerns are welcome!!!!

Just wanted to add that I purchased my light from Flora Hydro. They sent me a cooltube with a plug that didnt match my ballast. Sent an email, will update you guys with how they handle it FYI.

Here are some pics I took with my phone.

Photo0040-1.jpg

Photo0041.jpg

Photo0046.jpg

seems like youve got some supplies to get. good luck, keep us posted.

The one in the folgers is the oldest, however due to stretching is falling behind.

Photo0094 (2).jpg

Photo0093 (2).jpg

Photo0098 (2).jpg

Noticed some yellowing to the round seedling leaves......could it be the Fox Farm?

Photo0095 (2).jpg

Photo0099 (2).jpg

Photo0096 (2).jpg

Looks like you got a good start! I would suggest a Digital PH Tester be your first purchase you won't regret it as well as a cheap fan from Wally World for some air movement!

Phatpharmer

My plants are doing well for some seeds thrown in dirt but I have a couple of questions hopefully someone can shed some light on.

I kinda felt the temp was a little high but the plants dont seem to mine the "summer" heat.

1) The edges of the leaves are crinkled....is that the heat or do they need water. Soil seems moist below the surface.

2) I have a light leak problem so I only use my hps when its daytime...maybe 5am to 8pm never the same and for the rest of the 24hrs I use a small cfl.

3) I just replanted all the plants and the biggest one which was put in the biggest pot is already having a couple roots coming out the drain holes.....i know the plenty of room left if they would go horizantally. So i try to water around the edges to encourage their path. But, how do i know its time to repot......just my gut feeling.?

I'll post updated pics when I get some time.....they are growing really fast and my stretched one is doing much better.

#1 crinkled 3d lookin leaves are like us sweatin or a dog pantin-TOO HOT.If I where you(heat issues,its summer,lol)I'd get 1-2 cfls I use t8 4' compast floror,plants are REALLY HEALTHY.Your HID,save for flowering.Too much $ to grow 3 lil plants,FLOROR.W floros u put3" above plant w/ no heat.Cool daylight6500k(I believe)
I HATE SOIL,jump to hydro and I can really help u out!

Just wanted to post some updated pics. Im planning on repotting the Folgers plant today. They were put on 12/12 a couple of days ago.

Photo0147.jpg

Photo0148.jpg

Photo0149.jpg

this is bundledup i aprecaite ur ?"s im just learnin n u ask ?'s that u have been askin do u have a vent in ur room
7thG said:
Ok so to those of you have been around a while you may remember me and my last attempt at growing. I abandoned that project for a multitude of reasons. In any case thats behind me and I ready for another shot.

After running around all day I finally found the adaptor I need to get my cooltube mated to my 250w lumetek ballast. I also grabbed a huge bag of Ocean Forest. Im gonna get my supplies as I go week to week. At the top of the list is:

A fan or 2
Perlite
PH supplies
MH bulb

After I get all that then its probably some nutes then I'll figure out where to go from there. As soon as I got home I hooked the light up and was very surprised by the not so bright light coming off it. Then, I was temporarily blinded as it let out a little hum and changed into a light that can only be compared to the sun.lol Right now Im letting it run while I take care of things around the house. So far I'm happy to say it's completely silent and bright as ish. Theres some radiant heat but not too much. A fan or two should elimate that concern. Dont know if I'll be able to enclose it like I planned. You should be able to see what I mean from the pics I'm gonna upload. So Just to go over what I have......

2 Bagseeds in Miracle Grow(i stole some dirt from a plant in my house to put around where i dropped in the seed so it at least gets to grow a little before it gets hit with the questionable MG nutes.

The 2 seeds are in an emptied out dresser with a 250 watt lumetek cooltube setup about 2-3 feet above them. Using a HPS bulb now but I think it will be alright.
Found a local grow shop:D

All questions, comments, opinions, or concerns are welcome!!!!

As of right now I have no ventilation besides the open window and the sc running into that room. I know I need fans but i been slacking, probably becuase they are doing great without them.

had a power outtage yesterday...plants only got 4 hrs in the "sun"...started to lose slight color doing fine now though. I see two knats flying around gotta take care of them before buds come.

Photo0162.jpg

My plant is growing like crazy vertically. I'm running out of room becuase now it is inches from my light. Theres no real buds yet, but it is in flower and has small bunches of pistils developing. Is it to late to top it. My only other option is to hang my light vertically. Any suggestion.

how many days of flower?, what nutes? what ppm/ph?

less then a month/ocean forrest soil/ dont pay attention to that lol...... i would if my plants looked worse

Latest posts

Back