Sevre Nute Burn!!! Restart or Continue???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yungdro555

Reaction score
:confused: I need help BAD!!! I'm a new grower and started my first batch of plants 6 weeks ago. Unaware about the built in soil (Miracle Grow) nutrients, I feed my plants a high Nitrogen nute suplement to help with plant grow during veggie stage. After realizing what I done I flushed them immediately! I recently build a grow box to give them a proper growing environment yet the leaves seem to get worser. I'm now aware that Miracle Grow isnt the best soil to use! Maybe my problem is more than nute burn. Could somebody please give me some advice, rather to keep them or start fresh. Thanks

IMG00078-20090807-1740.jpg

IMG00079-20090807-1740.jpg

IMG00080-20090807-1741.jpg

remove them from the soil and place in new medium..cant flush as that will ony make it worse..good luck

Thanks! What type of medium do you recommend? And should I transplant and use a bigger pot or what method is best for changing medium?

Best to get them out of that soil due to each time you water them the soil releases nutes to feed them ..so even though you flushed them you actually fed them again hahaha ! Maybe do some reading as well this will certainly assist you towards being successful ! I'd put money on it ..that you have'nt read much yet but the sooner you start the faster you will find out how miracle grow will ruin your day or make it ! Peace and take care ! change the (xx to tt) in the link hxxp://greenmanspage.com/guides/organic.html

I'd reccomend Fox Farm Ocean Forest products for you man. If you follow the directions, and use 1/2 strength on the nutes, it's almost idiot proof. The dirt itself is packed with nutrients too, so there wouldn't be a need to feed the plants you planted for about 2-to-3 weeks....then assume a feeding schedule (if you're in continuing to veg, N is important) and if then when you flower, Fox Farm tigerbloom would work...which is high in P, remember 1/2 strength on an every other week, to 10 days on the feed, the rest of the time use PH Balanced water at around 6.5 maybe 6.7, and as low as 6.3. My suggestions aside from that is read the stickies that are in these forums, great for beginners. And take advice, there are alot of great growers on this sight, people that dont just have a green thumb, but i'd daresay a green soul ;) good luck

Ok thanks! Quick question I understand how to transplant plants but what's the best way to change the whole medium without damaging the roots?

yungdro555 said:
Ok thanks! Quick question I understand how to transplant plants but what's the best way to change the whole medium without damaging the roots?
The best way to do this is to wait until your media is pretty dry. Then, put your hand on the surface of the dirt with the plant stem coming up between your fingers. Use your other hand to turn the container upside-down and GENTY flex the container until the entire thing comes out into your hand. Then, GENTY lay it on a clean, smooth surface near a hose. GENTY hose the dirt away from the roots.

Once completed, GENTLY place the roots into the soil of the plants new home. Sprinkle the new dirt on the roots until it's buried. DO NOT PACK THE SOIL AT ALL.

Water the soil with plain water. The soil will compact itself as the water is added. Add soil each time you water until the soil is even on top. NEVER pack the soil.

Don't use any nutrients for about a week. When you see NEW GROWTH starting, then start your nutrients at 1/4 strength until you see how the plants tolerate it. Increase it 1/4 at a time, but stop if you see any burn at all on the new growth tips. Back down to the last known strength that wasn't burning it and stay with that strength until the plants are larger.

:yeahthat: :farm: :goodposting: :cool2:

Latest posts

Back