Should I Trim Leaves To Open Bud Up To Light?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, you need those fan leaves. About the only thing that I trim is growth on the lower part of the plant that will never develop decent size buds. I am also assuming that these were grown from seed, so you will most likely be getting rid of some males, which will create more room for the remaining girls.

Do a search on "trimming fan leaves". You should get more info than you need or want...

ZTEC said:
I have been asking this question a lot on my grow journal and no answers yet. But I got 7 plants that are growing into one another wondering if I should trim some leaves so I can open up bud sites I have included pictures on my grow journal: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24450
well my friend the plants needs 3 basic things light,water and soil those 3 things are need it to do fotosintesis that happens on the leaves of the plants and thats what make the plant grow meaning that if you trim your plant it will take more time to grow plus you dont want to expose your buds to the light too much due to the fact that theres a chance of drying your bud on the plant and you want a moiste bud well good luck and peACE out

Hey guys I am growing some bud it is 2 weeks and I have a 4 inch pot in it is growing so far good it right know sits on my stove light and sits on my porch when sun is out should I change 2 a bigger pot plz help

a%20week%20and%20a%20half.jpg

Personally, I would put it in a bigger pot. As long as you're not going to over or under water it, it shouldn't be an issue. It's been my experience that the more room I give to let the roots stretch out, the bigger and healthier the plant becomes. Put it in the biggest container you can muster and keep the watering under control. Also, try to keep it outside as much as possible. With the combination of sunlight and all that extra root space, I'm sure you'll be happy wtih the results.

Just tuck the leafs dont cut em. Leafs are like solar panels for energy.

3patas said:
well my friend the plants needs 3 basic things light,water and soil those 3 things are need it to do fotosintesis that happens on the leaves of the plants and thats what make the plant grow meaning that if you trim your plant it will take more time to grow plus you dont want to expose your buds to the light too much due to the fact that theres a chance of drying your bud on the plant and you want a moiste bud well good luck and peACE out

Yo, what is fotosintesis??!:joint:

thats how the plant creats sugar to feed it self peace out

I know what photosynthesis is....I got a kick out of the way it was spelled

Don't cut fan leaves, I only trim leaves that look sick or shriveled as needed. That pot seems big enough for another 7 days.

Latest posts

Back