slight case of hermies ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishcabo

Reaction score
I am at 6 plus weeks and noticed a few seeds forming and after further examination found the culprits. Maybe six male flowers and I cut them and the bud below off. I am going to let this run finish as I am committed but here's the question: I took a clone off of the plant that had a few male flowers and I was going to use her/him now as the mother. Is it possible that the very few male flowers were a result of some type of stress? I may and I said may have left the door on the hydro hut open early on for a couple of hours about two weeks into 12/12 where the diffused light from the clones may have snuck in. I also over fertilized a little and got some ram horns until I flushed. I normally am hydro only indoors but this is a soil run that was used to determine male and female from seed. I have seen full blown hermies and this is not it by any means one of those. I am thinking of ditching the mother as I do not want this tendency but like I said it is a killer cross of GDP and some other purple indica. It is too bad as this was the biggest and meanest plant that was going and it appears to have partially screwed my crop literally. I just tried some freshed smoked and it is the bomb. The mother by the way has only girl flowers on her. Should I chance it and clone her for the next run??? I also have mucho seeds from the original cross and they may all be like he/she. Any gamblers wish to comment??

if it were me i would chance another clone ,esp if its real good smoke and the mother is def female ,if that turns hermie then ditch it all but if not it might just been due to stress ..goodluck :peace:

If it hermed then it is a hermie, but he choice is yours I personaly would get rid of it because a hermie is a hermie and IMO needs to be destroyed. Some plants will herm just to procreate but in the end it is still a hermie. And this trait will carry over to the clones. So the choice is yours but if you are that far along into flower just go ahead and finish some smoke is better then none...take care..

Yea, I am a little nervous about trying he/she again. May not be worth the gamble. I have a couple of blue berry clones coming in a couple of days so I may just ditch the potential hermie clone.

I would finish it at 6 weeks. There is only a few weeks left. Don't clone it or keep the seed once it turns hermi everything after that is a hermi. Figure out what caused it to hermi before you start your next round of clones. The scenarios you described could have caused the prob. Learn from your mistakes and you wont repeat them

Good luck
MCM

you shouldnt select a mother plant until after harvest, then take the corresponding clone from your best plant (clones should have been taken before you started flowering), Yield, potency ect.. should help you decide which clones to keep, discard all clones from hermies. You dont want to mess with hermies, they make more hermies, their seeds are going to be hermies and before you go to sleep at night you will be counting hermies instead of sheep. You see one, kill it, if not i will, lol.

I would also recommend destroying the clones and any resulting seeds. The hermie gene is there. There are many, many great strains out there.

If you are supposed to clone before flower how do you know its gonna be a female? One doesnt wanna clone a male

Black1269 said:
If you are supposed to clone before flower how do you know its gonna be a female? One doesnt wanna clone a male
If your plant in flower turns out to be male, and you are not interested keeping him, toss the plant and the clone you made.

If she turns out to be a girl, you keep the one in flower, and you already have a rooted clone to keep as a mother.

This simplifies the process and eliminates trying to root a cutting that is in flower, as the flowering cutting may not take. I have had great success in rooting clones from a vegging plant, and limited success rooting cuttings that are in flower.

Just make sure you label your clones to your host plants, as you will lose track if you don't keep them straight.

if a your plant herimed from a small amount of stress the clones from that plant WILL do the same thing..

I was not arguing i have a plant i want to clone and planing to pull her out of flower and then clone her i have never cloned before is this a bad idea?

what do you mean you plan to pull her out of flowering? like just long enough to take cutting or to reveg then take cutting?

you can take clones from a flowering plant, some even say they root faster due to the lack of N in the plant during flowering.. the only down side would be that the clone once rooted will have to revert back to veg which can add a week or two to your veg time..

to reveg the whole plant now that i know its a female was my plan but im new help me out wut should i do take my cuts and let her flower

Why would you want to reveg the whole plant- take a clone or two from her and flower her.
Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Back