Sooo wierd!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ilikebigbuds

Reaction score
I grew an Ice cream (feminized seed) only had the one plant so I took 6 cuttings from it at 5 weeks old (it was very large and ready to go in to flowering room) the cuttings grew up and I put them into flower 4 weeks ago, last week I was looking at them and I noticed the one ice cream in the far corner that I dont always walk around to look at up close looked different then the others. so I go in for a closer look and was totally shocked to see a total male looking plant with bananas - lots and lots and lots of bananas! even the main cola was just male flower with lots of bananas!
I quickly and carefully bagged that sucker and removed.

why did this happen? how can a cutting from this female plant turn male?

my thought is....that this plant had to hermi on me but it was just soooo male looking I saw no signs of female buds.

I so much enjoy the surprises that these amazing plants show me, but sometimes they just mystify me.:confused:

I too had some fem beans that did some wierd things. I will not order them again.

Maybe it was bitten by a radio active spider!:eek: i heard it could happen...:D
I suspect that if you'd looked closely at that wierdo you'd have found female flowers too.
Here's what Ed R. says, "Some varieties, especially indicas, respond to unnatural light cycles by showing of photo-period responce disorder. Genetic females may turn hermaphroditic when exposed to long periods of dark during early growth".
Hope that helps.:)

Latest posts

Back