Sstill worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamtd

Growing Wild
Reaction score
Hello again friends.

So I have been flowering since the end of November and I had a problem with the lights staying on for a 24 hour period at the start of December. My problem is that i don't know if any buds are growing or if I just have pre flowers. There are alot of bud sites with little buds and two pistils coming out but growth seems very slow if not at all for these area's. I'm just starting to worry whether I'm actually flowering or if I'm vegging and these are just pre-flowers. I am on 12/12. There may be a question of light getting in as the top fan isn't completly sealed. But as I have said before I have boxers blocking the exit and it's in my garage which if pretty dark during the day.(my photo period is during the day) I will post pics tonight. I'm at work and fretting about it. And am trying to ease my mind for the moment. Thanks again.

What does the end of November mean exactly? And do you know what strain you are growing?

Flipped to 12/12 around the 25 november. They are sativa of unknown strain. Mayby 1 sativa/indica also unknown strain. I have all the indo at home. I'm at work at the moment.

Hey iamtd-

That's almost 4 weeks of 12/12. Unless you vegged for a very short time (2 weeks or less) I would think they would be showing flowers by now. What you describe sounds like preflowers.

Did they stretch? They should have had a sudden burst of vertical growth when you switched them.

You really better check for light leaks. Even a small amount of light will keep them from flowering. IMHO that's what's going on.

I read a study recently by the USDA that proved that a short day plant (mj is a short day plant) can be kept from flowering by giving it less than a minute of light during its dark cycle. So checking on them during lights out could also keep them from flowering.

Good luck to you. I hope you get this resolved.

BBFan said:
Hey iamtd-

That's almost 4 weeks of 12/12. Unless you vegged for a very short time (2 weeks or less) I would think they would be showing flowers by now. What you describe sounds like preflowers.

Did they stretch? They should have had a sudden burst of vertical growth when you switched them.

You really better check for light leaks. Even a small amount of light will keep them from flowering. IMHO that's what's going on.

I read a study recently by the USDA that proved that a short day plant (mj is a short day plant) can be kept from flowering by giving it less than a minute of light during its dark cycle. So checking on them during lights out could also keep them from flowering.

Good luck to you. I hope you get this resolved.

Yeah thanks BB. I did only veg for about 4 weeks. I didn't have alternatnig nodes yet. I did have a burst in growth and they have seemed to slow down. The stems seems to be getting more woody. I'm suring up the holes now and waiting for my camera to charge. I feel like they are still vegging. Its taking to long. But i really don't see how. I guess i'll know soon enough. Gotta tie them down now. Cause they are big for my grow roow.

whats the light over them? how many watts? how many plants? how many sq.ft??

Here is a pic. Its the only good one i can get. But they are all the same. Some smaller. I just made some boxes with some venting to make sure the fans arn't leaking any light.

RIMG0362-1.JPG

zem said:
whats the light over them? how many watts? how many plants? how many sq.ft??

400w HPS. 6 Plants. 10.4 sq ft. 55000 Lumen so just over the min for flower. I plan to get another 400 w HPS and use them in banks for my next grow. I'm making a Multi-Flow bucket system which will have only 4 plants. The 900mm x900mm grow table is a PIA.

thats not a one month old flower, it looks like a little preflower, my guess is you've managed to prevent them from flowering, major light leak

Ok well. I was kinda figuring that. Hopefully its all sealed now. And i'll just have to try and manage to stretch as well as possible.Thanks Zem.

Wish me luck. Bloom Day 1 - 22nd December

either a light leak, or they were not sexually mature yet when you flipped to 12/12, you said they didn't have alternating nodes, so that tells me that they had to finish growing vegatively with only 12 hrs of light, until they matured, which would make them take alot longer than if they were vegged under 18 or 24 hrs of light...they may just now be getting sexually mature...but that seems like a long time, so more than likely light is getting in from somewhere.

yes, you want your space as light tight as possible. as long as they dont get more light than the moon and stars produce you should be good. least that's what i've read and watched on videos.

Well I have grown in this box with no problem before. The only difference is the new fan i put in. So I have just glued a cardboard box to the top with a circle cut out and put some 6 inch ducting from the hole and placed it in an S bend. Hopefully I will see some results in the next week and i can report back. Thanks for the help everyone.

It's SATIVA, man, nobody picked up on that?
Sativas only flower when they are ready to, 12/12 is normal for vegging them. I'm vegging one in the flower room along with the in-bud indicas.

Leaf....ummm I picked up on the fact that he put them in flower before they were mature...does that count?...lol

Well either way. The room is sealed now, for sure. I'm going to try to find some indica/sativa hybrids for my next grow. They really should be flowering. They are 2 months old. Although with my last grow I used the same seeds and I veged for 2 and flowered for 2. Maybe they need the 2 months so sexually mature. I wish i new more about the strain i was growing. But unfortunatly, the only place where i could possibly get anything like that is a 4 hour drive away. I don't want seeds sent to my house so its kinda difficult. Will goto the trouble next grow though.

Thanks all.

PuffinNugs said:
400watt is alittle small for 10 sq ft. they shoudl be used up to 5x5'. that could be why they alittle slow, plus staivas do flower longer in my experiance and you get more than one harvest window out of them.

My light puts out 55000 Lumens. By everything i read 5000 lum/sq ft for flower.

550000/10 = 5500

5500 lum/sq ft

So apparently its over the min for flower. I will be getting another cool tube 400w HPS like i said.

My Plan for next grow is a 4x13lt Bucket Multi-Flow SCROG. About halfway through putting it all together atm. When this grow is over I am going to set it all up and then go find some decent plants.

Thanks guys.

legalize_freedom said:
Leaf....ummm I picked up on the fact that he put them in flower before they were mature...does that count?...lol

:rofl:

He's gonna be waiting a while if they really are 100%. I got a 2 ft tall bagseed sativa in the grow room with my main crop, and I don't really expect it to go into flower proper until around April or May, even June, it's a very early one.

leafminer said:
:rofl:

He's gonna be waiting a while if they really are 100%. I got a 2 ft tall bagseed sativa in the grow room with my main crop, and I don't really expect it to go into flower proper until around April or May, even June, it's a very early one.

Your not serious? I wanted to be through with this crop by March. At least thats what I'm expecting now. It took 4 months all up with my last grow.

Latest posts

Back