Sstill worried

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't want 5-0 knocking on my door wanting to know why seed's were intercepted coming to my address. I love growing. And in my country you can get caught once, say the right thing and get away with nothing but a fine. So in affect getting caught once ends it for me.

Anyway, there is a town in another state called Nimbin.

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimbin,_New_South_Wales

Which is in driving distance, and i should be able to buy whatever i need there.

Oh i also have a friend in Amsterdam. He is coming home soon and promised to bring me back some goodies. YAY!

leafminer said:
He's gonna be waiting a while if they really are 100%. I got a 2 ft tall bagseed sativa in the grow room with my main crop, and I don't really expect it to go into flower proper until around April or May, even June, it's a very early one.

Yo Leafminer-

Your 2 ft tall sativa is in 12/12 for how long? How old was it when you switched it?

I've never had a sativa go longer than 2 weeks when I flipped to start flowering (I always wait till sexually mature).

I've had them take a long time to ripen, but they showed flowers quick.

Please explain- you're scaring iamtd.

PuffinNugs said:
400watt is alittle small for 10 sq ft. they shoudl be used up to 5x5'. that could be why they alittle slow, plus staivas do flower longer in my experiance and you get more than one harvest window out of them.
..10 sq ft is nearly perfect for your light..
a 400 watt .. is NOT sufficient for 25 sq ft (5'X5').. a 1,000 hps is barely sufficient for that space..

You really better check for light leaks. Even a small amount of light will keep them from flowering. IMHO that's what's going on.

I read a study recently by the USDA that proved that a short day plant (mj is a short day plant) can be kept from flowering by giving it less than a minute of light during its dark cycle. So checking on them during lights out could also keep them from flowering.

I agree.. 'some' short day plants can be exceptionally sensitive to light leaks

leafminer said:
It's SATIVA, man, nobody picked up on that?
Sativas only flower when they are ready to, 12/12 is normal for vegging them. I'm vegging one in the flower room along with the in-bud indicas.

Wow I better go tell my Durban Poison that:eek:

She always flowers right after I put her in 12/12

Well these gals arn't. The hybrid right nect to them is doing well. But these sats just refuse to show me anything other then they are veg. They are getting the chop tomorrow unless anyone can come up with a better idea. Never doing bad seed again. NO sleep for me tonight i guess.

They have to be sexually mature (showing alternating nodes) before they will flower. If putting them under 12/12 before sexually mature they will still need to become sexually mature (showing alternating nodes) before they will flower.
Some bagseed is just bad generics not anything you can do with them.

They are over 3 months old. They have pistils. They are all female. I have decided anyway. They are comming down tomorrow. I'll finish up the hybrid. Then make my new room properly. Get some good seeds and begin again. It's just hell annoying cause I've been putting In every night for months. And now it's for nothing. Other then learning a lesson. Might have a bonfire. Maybe I'll get a buzz.

if this makes you feel any better i harvested stems and pistils on my 1st grow cuz i packed them together vegged em too long, no worries you'll get it done next time ;)

Yeah. That's obviously Been my problem. And no it doesn't make me feel better. But if this is how I learn. So be it.

Latest posts

Back