Starting to flower plants??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rb2006

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals. I am wondering if I can start to flower my plants with florecent lights and then switch to hps light. I jumped the gun and now have my vegging plants getting very tall (26 inches) and I still about 3 weeks left on my plants that are already in flowering. So i guess, what to do lol!

Well, it seems as though you have two separate rooms, one for vegging, and one for flowering. Is that so? If so, and you can't move your vegging plants to the flowering room and you don't have another hps, then I'd say that you have no other option than to use your fluorescent bulbs for the time being.

Fluoros for flowering does work, especially if you have lights with the proper light spectrum for flowering. If it were me in the same situation, I'd tie those plants down to the desired height, and if I still felt it necessary to put them into flowering, then I would put them into flowering using the fluoros until there was room in the flowering room for them. However, one little problem: your plants will get quite a bit taller for the first few weeks of flowering. Yep, I think you might want to tie them down.

I hope you find this helpful,

Alistair

How would i go about tieing the ladies down here is a pic. thanks for the help!

To many clones .JPG

Latest posts

Back