The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This:
hygrozyme_1l.jpg

Plus this:
pbt432q_1_.jpg

Equals; amazing aroma and flavor. Terrapins galore! hah :)

No, made a trip to get some hydrozyme and the hydro store was not open yet, guess I'm an early morning person, anyway just never got around to getting it. My bad Doc, it's kinda pointless to give advice if I wont take it.

So is jungle juice organic nutes or synthetic? If not organic, then that pure blend tea is worthless. The synthetic nutes will kill the microbes! Just sayin!

And the hygrozyme as well! I'm under the understanding that mixing organic and synthetic is a no no!

I understand what you're saying Brix, but it doesn't work that way with the Zyme and Tea ;) Soon as I added that, as per Hushpuppy's suggestion over a year ago, my aroma and flavor increased noticeably.

:D

Hygrozyme actually helps break down all the chelated nutrients, and along with H202 helps keep your res clean etc. The Tea is directly related to flavor / aroma. They work :D At least with my experience

I totally understand what they are and what they do, I've used hygrozyme for years, my expertise in growing is organics, I've studied countless hours in order to achieve the results I was able to achieve with organics, however, I was just under the assumption that you could not mix the two. Now I'm not saying that what you're doing has no merit, cuz you of all people would know your results! And if it works then hey, roll with it! I don't claim to know everything! Lol I learn new things every day, especially when it comes to growing. It pays to have an open mind! Compost teas are made up of living micro herds. I don't see how synthetic nutes don't kill them. And as far as hygrozyme. It actually is an enzyme that turns waste matter from the microbes( in essence their poo) back into usable nutrients for the plant. So if the microbes are dead how is the hygrozyme working? There would be no poo for the hygrozyme to turn back into usable nutrients! Help me understand!

It actually is an enzyme that turns waste matter from the microbes( in essence their poo) back into usable nutrients for the plant

It turns waste matter into usable nutes, BUT, with synthetic is seems to "lock out" all the dead stuff and kinda just clean up the synthetic system a bit by taking care of the waste. As for the NEXT process of hygrozyme, which is then turning the chelated stuff back to usable material.. yeah I don't know if that's working. But I DO know it helps to lock up all the poo so that it doesn't effect toxicity. Or at least I think that's what I've found out.

PJ does some synthetic / organic mixes as well. People like us like to work against the grain just to see what happens. I've had some amazing findings, and kinda just smirk when people say "organic does this and chem does this so this "

What I do know is I was at a certain level with my growing, and Hushpuppy took me directly under his wing. I mean, we've had hours upon hours of countless speaking about growing, and he's taught me so much. He actually used to do some work with living microbes and enzymes, but I'm not going to talk about his life... he can do that if he wants hah.

But yeah, Hushpuppy is the one that introduced me to both Jungle Juice, and the Hygrozyme / Tea combo. If you've ever talked to HP, you know it's almost like talking to a science book, but in a good way! hah :)

Oh poo poo Doc, does it work or not ? Ain`t that the big question ?

Oh poo poo Doc, does it work or not ? Ain`t that the big question ?

For me (and Hushpuppy) it works a CHARM! You can physically see the chelated solution at the bottom of the tanks after 24 hours of putting the stuff in.
I think my entire reason for not having any toxicity AND the fact I can go 4 weeks and still not have to change my res, is directly related to Hygrozyme and H202. :aok:

Notice their slogan: "The natural cleaner, for all your growing media..."

Trying to bite my tongue, really I am. Not gonna side with anyone here as I don't want to stir things up.

While using all these products you may or may not be able to have some success, but your adding things killing things re adding again just to kill it again.

What is the point?

I mean if you're running a medium like clay pebbles, very little if anything is going on organically anyway, so what's the point of that?

I use three products in flower period and not one of them is Calmag.

Man these companies have people so brainwashed.
:hairpull:

Trying to bite my tongue, really I am. Not gonna side with anyone here as I don't want to stir things up.

Oh, it's not about siding with anyone PJ, I respect yours and all others opinions and professional thoughts. :aok:

Curious, what do you think of Bloombastic? It's a bloom booster that many people don't use, but I feel as though I see amazing change within 24 hours. Maybe all these things are in my head PJ, truly lol. I'll have to give a run a go with just base nutes and minimal additives soon. :aok: I won't knock it before I try it.. or should I say, don't try it? At least in this case lol :rofl:

I can not say I've done much K.I.S.S. method, since my start with all this. Maybe I should give that a try and see if I find anything better happening.

Small picture update:

Tent #2 is going to be at 3 weeks tomorrow. So far, so good. Absolute jungle in there! Hope I did enough defoliating (eek!).

Temps are doing the last crazy swing of the year I think. Winter is going out like a lion. Res temps are good, and humidity has gone down. These pics were taken yesterday. RH never usually gets that high, but that's usually as high as it gets.. maybe a bit more. (PJ, remember that whole "led's and 80%RH" thing? lol, well here we are!)

View attachment Week3Tent2 (1 of 4).jpg

View attachment Week3Tent2 (2 of 4).jpg

View attachment Week3Tent2 (3 of 4).jpg

View attachment Week3Tent2 (4 of 4).jpg

Oh, it's not about siding with anyone PJ, I respect yours and all others opinions and professional thoughts. :aok:

Curious, what do you think of Bloombastic? It's a bloom booster that many people don't use, but I feel as though I see amazing change within 24 hours. Maybe all these things are in my head PJ, truly lol. I'll have to give a run a go with just base nutes and minimal additives soon. :aok: I won't knock it before I try it.. or should I say, don't try it? At least in this case lol :rofl:

I can not say I've done much K.I.S.S. method, since my start with all this. Maybe I should give that a try and see if I find anything better happening.

Best advice I can give is to start at the very base [pretty much where I always run] see what you can get done, and then try all the snake oils and see for yourself. Don't limit yourself to DWC and give EBB a try. Also when you think EBB go outside the box and look at systems other than trays, especially if you are limited by height.

It is by far the most cost effective way to grow hydroponically today.

I was doing Under Current before... I could do that again, with the larger holes and hose, but I find that to be a lot of things that can; leak / break / build algae.

I'm willing to reinvent how I do what I do, but for my situation I'd want to get rid of my tents and build a room before I did that.

You know me. I'm willing to adjust and be open minded, for sure :aok:

I believe I'm going to be purchasing a small setup to experiment with:

2saz0o4.jpg

I will both veg and flower in this little space and just do some fun things in here I think! :D

That was a very informative discussion, I learned a bunch. Nice little rig doc, that will be a good place to run experiments :)

Latest posts

Back