The Dr's Office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yo doctor lookin splendid!

Thanks much Mebeafarmer :aok:

Holy Gnats!
doesn't the larvae feed on your roots?
I`ve had good luck with SNS 203, & 209
Your pic of tent 2 is gorgeous - a perfect pile of budding sites
Everything looks real good, guess the gnats aren`t hurting to much, but still they gotta be annoying

Yeah, I've had pretty bad gnat issues for well over a year and a half now, so just a couple weeks ago started some action against them. I've run Mosquito Bits in the main res for a bit, but I'm going to have to go for another approach as it's not really denting them I don't think. I need to put new traps up. Yes, gnats do eat on roots, so I hate seeing them

Nice garden!

Thanks Bombbudpuffa! Much appreciated

*Update*
Readings this morning were PH 6.0 and PPM's 825. They SURE ARE drinking and eating! :D It was 5.7 and 1100 on Sunday

Hi DGF, thinking about ya.

Hello Rose! :D

Lawn cut / weed whacked, bare wood replacement surfaces on garage painted and taking my daughter out to see Inside Out today, in the theater. It is so far a good day. Dad had an alright day yesterday, we'll see what today brings. Thanks so much for the positive vibes I know you're indeed sending :) :aok:

Hey Doc, looking good, did you ever decide what your gonna run in the third tent, are you running under the "spot" light ? Glad to hear you got to have some daddy time with your daughter...it's good when Dad has a decent day huh :)

Yeah, it's good :) And thanks

I'm not 100% sure what I'm running in Tent 3, but it will be branched off the main system so that it will all be the same (Ebb/Flow + Coco Chips) and yes, I'm running "The Spot Light" hah. It's the only other light I have but I'm very thankful that I DO have something else for this test space! We'll get to see what she's made out of that's for sure.

I think I'm running 4x Critical Sensi Star clones that I took a few days ago. If I can get 4 of equal size and health, that's probably what it will be.

Doc I was going to ask what was on top of your soil/soilless,......until I realized it was all coco chips.....duh

plants look super healthy and I may run those chips next cycle to try something new.

hope your ending your humpday epicly

;)

I can not stress how much I recommend trying JUST Coco Chips! I use Plant!t Brand and it's just been amazing! :)

Thanks for your words, my humpday was decent :aok:

Good morning Doc. I see it`s all green and frosty, as usual. Time to burn one with ya Doc, happy Thursday.

DGF, do you use the coco chips just like you do the hydrotron? I am going to be starting some seeds here soon and some of them will be run DWC. I might be interested in trying the coco chips, just for a little change. I am assuming they are not reusable?

DGF, do you use the coco chips just like you do the hydrotron? I am going to be starting some seeds here soon and some of them will be run DWC. I might be interested in trying the coco chips, just for a little change. I am assuming they are not reusable?

I got plans on reusing mine THG.........

Good morning Doc. I see it`s all green and frosty, as usual. Time to burn one with ya Doc, happy Thursday.

Thanks Yooper! Lighting one right this moment for ya! :)

Yeah, just like the Hydroton. I'm sure you can reuse some, but with my gnat situation I have no intention of reusing any until I get that figured out. Honestly, it's cheap enough to get it new each time, IMO. I know there's a fixed income issue with you, so maybe Hydroton / Lava Rocks would work best for you? Honestly, I haven't used them but a friend has and I saw it in his setup... Lava Rocks seem better than Hydroton.

Something about these coco chips are unlike anything else I've ever experienced and I really enjoy it so far :D

I got plans on reusing mine THG.........

Yeah, I'd imagine with a good washing the chips would be reusable. Just a bit of extra work getting all the dead root matter out and working on washing it, I'd prefer to start new and clean. Time vs Money vs Energy = *** lol

In retrospect... I don't think the medium will matter quite as much for DWC. Pretty much, the water is the medium, and the actual medium is more or less an "anchor" at that point.

Just thinking out loud here :D

In retrospect... I don't think the medium will matter quite as much for DWC. Pretty much, the water is the medium, and the actual medium is more or less an "anchor" at that point.

Just thinking out loud here :D

I agree....... lava rock would work well.

I've done two substitutes. I had a couple in Tent 1 that didn't look like their roots were searching enough, as they weren't really growing. Sooooo, I just threw in two of the Caramelo's that were in red solo cups of Sunshine. When I transplanted, I saw a mass of pure white and wonderful looking roots. Very happy there :)

Here's an update

I did massive trimming and training in Tent 1 yesterday! There's a "before" picture that I took to start. First experience with stakes....my thoughts; Really cluttered in there. Don't like it yet, but we'll see.
Also, a pic of Tent 2 at 6 weeks flowered (42 days)

Got pics?

very nice doc. looks like you are using your LEDs better every grow :aok:

Latest posts

Back