The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. But I do not keep one in the chamber at night for a good reason.
I keep a 40 beside my bed. About a yr ago I dreamed someone broke into my house.
I woke up with that gun in my hand. Thank God the safety was on. Ever since then I have made sure there is no bullet in the chamber out of caution.
For some reason the last couple yrs I have gotten bad about fighting mother fkers in my sleep. I have woke up in the floor with my hands and shit hurting from knocking shit off my table next to my bed now several times.
So I have become extra cautious about such things. Thank God me and the Wife don't sleep in the same bed.😳
Well, that is good reason I'd say. I'm talking more for when one carries concealed. I suppose one could nod off.....

Bubba

Attachments

• Pennywise.jpg
    Pennywise.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 0
Absolutely. But I do not keep one in the chamber at night for a good reason.
I keep a 40 beside my bed. About a yr ago I dreamed someone broke into my house.
I woke up with that gun in my hand. Thank God the safety was on. Ever since then I have made sure there is no bullet in the chamber out of caution.
For some reason the last couple yrs I have gotten bad about fighting mother fkers in my sleep. I have woke up in the floor with my hands and shit hurting from knocking shit off my table next to my bed now several times.
So I have become extra cautious about such things. Thank God me and the Wife don't sleep in the same bed.😳
I'm glad I don't have such demons when I sleep. I do have this weird affliction though - I'm a super-light sleeper. My head hits the pillow, and I'm out, but every little tiny aberration from the white noise I have going wakens me. Car goes down the road. Cat jumps off the couch onto the floor...I hear it. Every. Little. Noise. Yet, I awaken refreshed, and not tired or groggy headed.

My wife asks if I ever sleep, because she's never once, not in 30+ years, been able to wake me up. At first it startled her, because she'd come into the bedroom and softly say 'honey?' and I'd already be wide awake and responsive to her. She, otoh, doesn't really wake up until noon on weekends. :)

Another odd thing is I haven't used an alarm clock since I was in my teens. I can tell myself, even if plumb drunk, that I need to get up at 0300 to go fishing (or whatever) and I wake up 5-10 minutes before that time comes. It's never failed me in all these years.

Don't know what I would do if I didn't have the wife and cat snoring me to sleep. Every now and then, the dog chimes in, too.
My wife finally had to get on a CPAP - you remember the Flintstones, where Fred's snoring sucked the curtains in and out the house? Yeah. That's Her Highness without the mask on. lol That and the whole oxygen deprivation thing made it a no-brainer...:(

One big dog dreams a lot. The little one snores a lot. I hear every sound everything makes in my house all night long, it seems.

As to her feline, I'll refrain.

Say...is that the turtle from IT?

never saw IT, .. maybe the wifee has, .. after asking she has, she likes that adrenaline rush

no .. most if not all the indigenous natives of our continent professes north america as Turtle Island .. that is that the land mass came up from the deep depths of the seas thereby saving the living beings ..

Don't know what I would do if I didn't have the wife and cat snoring me to sleep. Every now and then, the dog chimes in, too.
Knock the shit out of her one time fighting in your sleep and your Wife would kick your ass. My Wife is actually scared to sleep with me.

I'm glad I don't have such demons when I sleep. I do have this weird affliction though - I'm a super-light sleeper. My head hits the pillow, and I'm out, but every little tiny aberration from the white noise I have going wakens me. Car goes down the road. Cat jumps off the couch onto the floor...I hear it. Every. Little. Noise. Yet, I awaken refreshed, and not tired or groggy headed.

My wife asks if I ever sleep, because she's never once, not in 30+ years, been able to wake me up. At first it startled her, because she'd come into the bedroom and softly say 'honey?' and I'd already be wide awake and responsive to her. She, otoh, doesn't really wake up until noon on weekends. :)

Another odd thing is I haven't used an alarm clock since I was in my teens. I can tell myself, even if plumb drunk, that I need to get up at 0300 to go fishing (or whatever) and I wake up 5-10 minutes before that time comes. It's never failed me in all these years.
Ive been kicking those demon's asses and mine. 😁

The latest smaller car that I recognize where is it the front right part of the picture which is a 55 Chevy. I think there’s a 56 Murk in the middle of the picture but I’m not sure.
The youngest one I see in the picture is the 58 Edsel, first car from the bottom on the left. One car older than the 50's, third car from the bottom on the right, but I can't see enough of it to tell what it is for sure. Most appear to be a mix of 50 through 56.

Latest posts

Back