The Original Old Farts Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome back Bud. We need more beer here. Join in and tell us what has been going on in your world. All these decisions.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Today I’m continuing my endeavor to empty my garage. It’s been a catch all for the last 20+ years and it’s become a sanctuary for stray cats. I filled my trash barrel this morning and found a couple of bags of smoker logs, 2 gallons of windshield washer fluid and another mountain bike. This makes the 3rd one I’ve found and the best looking one of the bunch. I’ll have to clean it up and put it up for sale. Best of all I now have a clear path to my big tool chest. It’s been years since I could get to it without climbing 😂 I feel like I’ve worked a full day already.
Here, here! My single car home garage is now packed with returning equipment, along with my double car storage garage and time to get serious. Both treasures, building supplies, and equipment.

I truly need to have a garage sale, but hate the idea, so have dragged my feet. Last time I cleared the storage garage by donating a bunch of it to the Humane Society for one of their garage sales. Mostly automotive at that time about twenty years ago, so lots of time to fill the space..............

Here, here! My single car home garage is now packed with returning equipment, along with my double car storage garage and time to get serious. Both treasures, building supplies, and equipment.

I truly need to have a garage sale, but hate the idea, so have dragged my feet. Last time I cleared the storage garage by donating a bunch of it to the Humane Society for one of their garage sales. Mostly automotive at that time about twenty years ago, so lots of time to fill the space..............

May I make a suggestion? The AM Vets. You call them, they make a date when they will come out to you, and they pick up what you left for them.

Contact Us - AMVETS National Service Foundation They gots 800-numbers for everywhere in the country.

Done it a dozen times -- from clothes to extra hand tools to a wood lathe and everything in between (books, toys, furniture, yada).

The AM Vets will give you a [blank] receipt for tax purposes.

There's a jillion GI's and ex-GI's out there that are in bad shape, and haven't a clue about how to get out of their hole. AM Vets saves many arses every year. If you've got some equipment you really don't need or want to keep... there's a hurtin' GI out there that would give many thanks for it.

Last edited:
Happy hump day OFC! Haircut today, was gonna let it grow but to much trouble and I scare myself when I wake up and look in the mirror!

Veg room needs fed first thing and at some point front yard needs mowing and leaf mitigation. Right now the dog needs walking....

Latest posts

Back