Too hot or no..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

Reaction score
Hey everyone, got 6 of the K2's under 2 400watt sodiums and i only got like 17 more days till i chop, the thing is its been alittle warmer outside than it should be and im getting daytime temps of 85f. Are my babies goin to be ok with that temp? I usually keep my temps at around 74 or so. Any input will be appreciated!

Yo Ho yeroc1982,

Your very right about wanting to keep the temps around 76-78* degrees, but you are not really in the danger zone with daytime temps that might climb to 85* degrees. You need to watch the watering, and make certain you are not crisping any leaves. This wonderful plant endures temps that vary since it does grow all over the planet, obviously it isn't going to grow in sub-zero temps, but in the tropics it sure gets hotter than 85*.

Ed Rosenthal's Grow Tips
Maintaining Optimum Grow Room Temperature

Marijuana plants are very hardy and survive over a wide range of temperatures. They can withstand extremely hot weather - up to 120 degrees - as long as they have adequate supplies of water. Cannabis seedlings regularly survive light frost at the beginning of the season.

Both excessively high and low temperatures can slow marijuana's rate of metabolism and growth. The plants function best in moderate temperatures - between 60 and 85 degrees. As more light is made available, the ideal temperature for normal plant growth increases. In high temperature and moderate light conditions, the plant's stems elongate. Strong light and low temperature conditions will decrease stem elongation. During periods of low light, stem elongation can be decreased by lowering the temperature.

Like I said just be watchful.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Thanks man ur a champ,i kinda thought id be ok but i like to hear what other ppl think too. I just dont want my buds to open up and get all fluffy.

Do u get tighter growth if your night time temp doesn't drop? I think I read somthing like that in hightimes mag.

Yo,

I am a firm believer that cooler nights do make for more density in your buds, It's kinda like what your babies go through at the end of the outdoor season ya know ?
Once your buds have reached optimal size and and you have begun the flushing period, you may consider dropping temperature down to 17-19°C for the final week or two. This drop in temperature triggers anthocyanin production, which intensifies the color of the floral clusters and makes for a showier bud, especially with "purple" varieties. This final temperature change is not always feasible and can be omitted.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Growth slows and stops at 90 and over. Plants still grow at 85, but prefer 70-75 and up to 80 if Nec. try air cooling your lights if you can. This lowered my room temp by 10 degrees at least and lowered the temp at my lights by at least 5 degrees.

Ummmm,
Wow, that's a new one there. I'm guessing that you have never been to the islands, (Da Rock), or maybe puerto rico, or even to mexico right ??
Plant growth doesn't stop my friend just cause the temps might be over 90*. As long as the plants have an adequate supply of moisture, (water) they will do just fine. If you are going to grow indoors and temps are going up that high you would want to go with Co2, but that another story.
Good Luck

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Looks like...Hugo? Hurley from Lost?

P.s. Your temps looks fine. I normally have temps around here as higher heat more metabolization but it's more in depth than that and sometimes might need certain environmental control like c02...

Not sure if roots stop growing at temps above 90 BUT temps above 92 can cause roots to send stress signals to shut down the leaves down before damage can occur. :D

Thanks everyone, My temps went down alot, now our cold weather is here to stay i think. Im gettin a temp of 72 or so now so im happy with that.

im gona start adding molasses to my feeding now so i get sum extra weight. Does it help alot?

I hear it does add a little extra weight, but that's not so much what concerns me.

What concerns me is the fact that the symbiotic microbiological organisms that thrive in your soil feed on the simple natural sugars of molasses. Don't put too much in though, too much of anything is bad.

cool I
Think I'm going to kinda experiment with one of the smaller girls.

can't wait to make bubble hash again from my trim and maybe sum bud I'll toss in there. I always use fresh leaves and trim but what about bud since it's all wet and compact? I don't see it working as good as just leaves and trim.

I would use bud for my bubble. Makes more resin. Just grind it up nice and small. Stir it HARD too! Shake them trichs off!

What micron bags are you using?

well i usually use fresh leaves. Is it better to first dry out the buds then grind em up and put em in the bucket? I got the XXXtractor set, 3 bag kit, cant remember the micron size but i think the last bag is 25mircon i think. I just like sticking to the fresh stuff cuz then less chance of gettin small bits of leaf in the hash.

Latest posts

Back