Trimming/Manicuring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Quick question.

It seems that some people trim/manicure BEFORE they dry. And then I see some people dry first and then start to manicure.

Does it matter if I dry first or manicure first?
What does everyone here do?

All my other past grows went wrong so I've never had a chance to really harvest/trim/manicure, dry, and cure. Should I manicure first or let it hang dry first as suggested by DJ Short?

wet manicure. i think it helps with the hash making process to have wet manicure trim to freeze...........

dry it first.
i havnt gotten to that point yet either.
but im pretty sure that this is what most people do.
ask a moderator

guy i know prefered to leave the leafs on.. some sort of cover the for bud or something?.. i find it's a pain in the butt trimming dry leaves though.
if it does shelter the bud.. wouldn't that be all for not when you're removing them anyway when the crystals are all dried?
i dunno, stoned and ramblin.. i take all the leaves off when i take it down.

it also looks so much better IMO hanging a nice manicured bud, than a shaggy nasty looking dead thing. :p

Actuallymost people manicure it first, then dry it. It's much easier to trim this way as the leaves don't curl up around the bud like they do when dry.

There is no right or wrong here, just what you prefer, though, if you are gonna use your trim for hash, you need to trim before you dry.

Like everyone else has said, trimming is all about preference. I like to trim about 90% wet and 10% dry, leaving the larger fan leaves to shelter the buds as they dry. Helps me because it slows the drying down a bit, and in my dry climate that is helpful.

I trim the bigger leaves but the smaller ones that are covered in trichs I carefully wrap them so they stick to the outside of the bud and help protect it. Gives a nice looking product too.

Latest posts

Back