welcome to Growers 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When does the smell of weed kick in? Is that during flower when colas are forming? My plant is still in veg and I think I detect a smell but maybe it’s in my head?

anytime….depends on the genetics

ive had plants in veg that when i bumped into them it was like a skunk squirting me with stink juice

had other plants in flower that had zero fragrances , right up to harvest

I have some small clones none over 12” high that are stinking to high heaven in my spare room under a plant light. There is no ventilation set up in there for the smell to escape.
my tents in flower starting week 3 also have a good smell when I open them. One however, the banana TK tent smells a bit like cat piss to me… I hope that improves.

Do you have a cat? :)
Yes I do two of them. Not in the tent tho…
F0924A5A-BD00-46F3-952A-2EBDE1DA074D.jpeg

how r u feelin Oh Queen of the Seas?
feeling a lot better pain wise but all the plumbing is still getting adjusted giving me a leash to the bathroom for now. I am happy that the worst is behind me and I’m hoping that everything took and corrected my problem. Moving around pretty good now and able to do stuff but getting Mr Subbie to help too with some things. Thanks for asking 💕

Welcome growers to The Marijuana Passion. :welcome:
If you are new to growing Marijuana or just starting your grow, or are just thinking about it, and you are looking for help with anything from the basics of growing Marijuana to finding places to get the materials needed, this is the thread for you.

Here at "The Passion" you will find many seasoned and experienced growers who are quite passionate about every aspect of growing, harvesting, curing, and consuming Marijuana. While many of these good people are quite willing to help a new grower (noob), we realize that too many opinions and/or too much information can become overwhelming to a "noob". We recognize that asking questions when you feel like you know so little can be quite intimidating. We don't want this to be a place that intimidates new growers into not asking what may seem like a "dumb" question but is really very important to the person who just doesn't know the answer, or doesn't quite grasp certain aspects of what we believe is an "art of growing" this wonderful plant.

The mission of this thread then is to serve those of you who have wandered around the site for a while, or have just found this forum and are trying to learn as much as you can but are afraid to ask. If you have been ridiculed or brushed off by others who didn't have time or patience to explain things to you then this is the thread for you. The montra for this thread is: The only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked.
So on behalf of the staff and members here, I welcome you and ask you to take some time and read the information we have listed for you. This information will not (can not) be a comprehensive library of "Marijuana growing", but we will try to give you as much of a solid framework to build upon that we can without actually writing a book. I am sure that you will find that the more you learn, the more questions you will have to ask. This thread will allow you to do just that, ask and learn without feeling embarrassed for not knowing. Remember that we were all "noobs" once. :)
Hushpuppy :farm: :icon_smile:
Like that keep it simple, I at one point would drink cal mag if it helps the shits!😱

Bump for the New Ganja Farmers
I'm new, and I'm nowhere's near a 'farmer', by any stretch of the imagicination. :) I have 'A' dying? plant. Period.
First time, little to no effort for this one. It's bein' weird...lots of new growth and some dying leaves, and at first I thought it was a female, but now it looks like it's kinda wiggin' out on me. (herming? what's that look like? where can I find the pics?)
I'm lookin' around a little though. Learning my way slowly. It's really a bit overwhelming from my never-before-been-involved perspective. Part of why I don't read much science fiction kinda stuff is having to learn new names and terminology that's foreign to my natural language. This isn't like that, but there's a lot of information here for an old guy to take in sorta all at once.

Looks like a pretty cool crowd, but then, I've known 'stoners' since I was 14. Most of them (NOT ALL!) have been pretty cool cats. Just the way it is. I'll probably be here for a minute, if y'all don't mind me doing so. :) I'll try not to raise a ruckus.

I'm new, and I'm nowhere's near a 'farmer', by any stretch of the imagicination. :) I have 'A' dying? plant. Period.
First time, little to no effort for this one. It's bein' weird...lots of new growth and some dying leaves, and at first I thought it was a female, but now it looks like it's kinda wiggin' out on me. (herming? what's that look like? where can I find the pics?)
I'm lookin' around a little though. Learning my way slowly. It's really a bit overwhelming from my never-before-been-involved perspective. Part of why I don't read much science fiction kinda stuff is having to learn new names and terminology that's foreign to my natural language. This isn't like that, but there's a lot of information here for an old guy to take in sorta all at once.

Looks like a pretty cool crowd, but then, I've known 'stoners' since I was 14. Most of them (NOT ALL!) have been pretty cool cats. Just the way it is. I'll probably be here for a minute, if y'all don't mind me doing so. :) I'll try not to raise a ruckus.
Defiantly no Einstein ( Im Italian :rolleyes: ) but the way I attack any thing is my " How do you eat elephant? "theory
A bite at a time. I dont need to understand it all at the same time ,its a bite at a time.
we enjoy ruckuses, currently we are debating if the earth is round or flat.

Let’s see a pic of your wigging out plant

All right. I'll do what I can, but I only have my phone. I don't want to be the guy looking for a silver bullet, ya' know?
But 'net searches aren't helping much. Likely my lack of abilities, also.
I have wigging out plants outside this year. Mine went into a reveg thing after putting them outside from being in a tent. Some are looking more normal now but others still wigging. We all get wigging plants now and then don’t be discouraged. Maybe someone here can help. I think most on this site just use their phone for pictures ✌️

I run into pict 1 (Herm2) (Bananas) more often. I try to grow with Fem seeds only. I am only allowed 5 plants and it is extremely important that I stay legal because of - Ya, long story.... Even fem seeds will herm on ya for many reasons anywhere from bad breeders to myself making mistakes.
I have my email entered as a contact in my phone. I take pictures to my e-mail like I was taking a picture to text to someone. Then come in my house and open my emails and paste stuff from there. Just a personal thing, I don't have my e-mail or the Passion tied directly into my phone that way my phones not beeping off the wall.
Hopefully others chime in. It is in the plants makeup somewhere to try and breed before it dies. (Survival) Even the best growers here get Bananas / Even Balls (Pict 2) every great now and then - especially at the very very end of the grow cycle.
I will try and help ya a little bit this am - today - I AM NO EXPERT... But between all of us here.... First I have to find my laptop charger and get a couple of our new kids up and off to CH with someone else. Be Back Soon. Hopefully..

Attachments

• Herm2.jpg
    Herm2.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 0
  • hermaphrodite_cannabis_plant-1024x763.jpg
    hermaphrodite_cannabis_plant-1024x763.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 0
I have wigging out plants outside this year. Mine went into a reveg thing after putting them outside from being in a tent. Some are looking more normal now but others still wigging. We all get wigging plants now and then don’t be discouraged. Maybe someone here can help. I think most on this site just use their phone for pictures ✌️

Attachments

• 20230910_080400.jpg
    20230910_080400.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230910_080327.jpg
    20230910_080327.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230910_080318.jpg
    20230910_080318.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230910_080305.jpg
    20230910_080305.jpg