What can i expect

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tha_eliminator34

Reaction score
i dont have pics but i have 3 plANTS the oldest is about 3 weeks old now an its about 6-7 inches tall, i grow them outside during the day an put it under 80 watts of cfl at night so it gets 24 hour lighting, Roughly or your best guesses, how much longer you think it will be before i can throw them into flowering using this method, an how much do you think it mite yield? keep in mind i wana get as much as possible out of these in the quickest amount of time, I was thinking at the max like 6 weeks from now i wana harvest it..What are your thoughts?

I think what TCVG is saying is that thinking you're going to be able to harvest them is 6 weeks tops is a little unrealistic. They're still quite small, so you'd probably not get much if anything off of them if you threw them into flowering tonight, especially under only 80 watts of CFLs. You need a lot more light at the least, and preferably more veg time, to really get a decent harvest. Check out what most of the people here are using for flowering, and you'll see that they're using a LOT more than 80 watts of CFLs.

You need more light if your going to flower them inside for one thing. You are going to need at least 6 42w cfls if your going to use flouros. I would buy a 150w hps or bigger if you want a decent yield. It all depends on your grow space ventilation as well as the strain your growing to determine what yield your going to get. How big is your space and can you grow a big plant? Your going to need at least 6ft of height if you want to veg it more. You can flower cannabis at any age really. I like to flower mine at 6in but its up to you and your going to need WAY more light if you plan on doing it inside. Once you turn your lights back to 12/12 then your going to have to wait 60-70days until harvest depending on strain. My best advice is buy some grow books dude and do your homework.

i think you would have done better to leave them outside...at 3 weeks they should be taller than 6" ...as for the indoor lights, you should use at least 300w (i used 480w) of floro light to vegg with to get optimal growth rate....look for a 10 week flower AFTER you vegg for another 3 weeks(6 veg-10 flower)

Yea, I think you need to make some decisions, and the sooner the better.. You're either going to need more light, or fewer plants, or a combo of both..
80W of cfl would probably only work sufficiently for a single plant, and 'sufficiently' is a relative term..
What do you know about the plants? Any idea what strain? How fat are the leaves individual lobes? Long/skinny, or broader?
Regardless though, if you intend to grow under 80W of cfl you're gonna want to train the crap out of them to keep them low so more bud sites are withing the incredibly short range of a cfl's 'sweetspot' (another relative term)..

seriously I dont think that what you going to yield is worth the risk. You might get a few grams, if that.....

and your gonna get real tired of the schedule real fast if your going to do it manually....

Come on People be nice ;) M8 you want top harvest it costs ;) Time and Love .....Id say maybe 1-2 month to veg then at least 52 days - 8 weeks to flower da lady's Get a fat lamp and do the real job ;)

First off as Albrecht said, you need to be realistic, and secondly, as spacecake said, patience and love is a must. If you don't love growing plants then you'll probably get tired of it and give up.

There are ways to keep a perpetual harvest going, Sea of Green, for example. However, for now it would be a good idea to get at least 200 watts when using fluoros and expect it to take at least three months, and count on getting maybe an ounce per plant. More yield per plant is possible, but as a beginner you'll be lucky to get three ounces for a first time harvest from three plants.

I second what BTKS said about 80 watts and one plant. Now, that might work, but 80 watts for three plants will be very disappointing.

If you want to be cheap about it, why not just get some cheap fixtures and throw in about six more of those 40 watters, making a total of eight bulbs with a total output of 320 watts? That might work quite well in fact.

Do a lot of reading, because there is a lot to be learned.

Eli-34 said they have the plant in sunlight during the day and under 80 watts at night so it seems as though that is plenty of light. I think people were being sarcastic because they wish there was a MJ plant that flowered that quickly. Usually plants will take anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 months to fruit/flower but most MJ strains will be around 1 month to 3. I guess you could harvest early if you wanted to but since you spent all this time you might as well just wait longer and get your maximum yield. Anyways if you use the sunlight for light and darkness inside for 12 hours you really have nothing to worry about. Right now is harvest season so if you have complete darkness outside then you can just leave them out.

Whoa, thats a broad window.. 3 month's for a hardcore sativa sure, but I think that if you chop ANYTHING before 6.5weeks you're jumping the gun.. Personally I find quoted flowering periods are usually a bit short indoors.. If I get a strain thats quoted for 9 weeks, I'm gonna budget 10.5 weeks or so for it just to be safe..

Dozingoffaroundthecorner said:
Eli-34 said they have the plant in sunlight during the day and under 80 watts at night so it seems as though that is plenty of light. I think people were being sarcastic because they wish there was a MJ plant that flowered that quickly. Usually plants will take anywhere from 3 weeks to 5 months to fruit/flower but most MJ strains will be around 1 month to 3. I guess you could harvest early if you wanted to but since you spent all this time you might as well just wait longer and get your maximum yield. Anyways if you use the sunlight for light and darkness inside for 12 hours you really have nothing to worry about. Right now is harvest season so if you have complete darkness outside then you can just leave them out.

Eighty watts is not enough. The plants are getting a lot of light during the day when they are out, but at night they will be wondering what happened. If they are 3 weeks old and only 6-7" tall, something is not right.

There is NO mj plant that will flower in 3-4 weeks. There are some that will finish in about 7 weeks (of 12/12), but that is the quickest that I have ever seen. And that is only if they are vegged long enough. If put into 12/12 now, I would estimate 8-12 weeks and with plants that small, the yield will be equally small. Autoflowering plants can be a little quicker.

Dozing, You seriously need to do some reading and learning if you think that he has plenty of light.

I would make sure you know what your talking about before giving someone soma bad advice.

tha_eliminator34 said:
i dont have pics but i have 3 plANTS the oldest is about 3 weeks old now an its about 6-7 inches tall, i grow them outside during the day an put it under 80 watts of cfl at night so it gets 24 hour lighting,

Well to me sounds like u have them in real small cups or somthing i had the same thing wiht the 2 i started back in AUG i left them in the cups i started my seeds in to long and at 3 weeks mine where ur size soon a si transplanted mine in a bigger pots they went from 7-15 in. in a week now i have it the ground and its almost 3ft high i thik it sounds like ur plants are rootbound to me. I also did the outdoor/indoor thing ur doign with cfls had no problems with it was just i kept them in the small cups to long lol hope this helps:)

Outdoor growers do not even put their plants in lights at night. They suffice with the light they have during the day. As far as the heighth is concerned it could be very dense foliage instead of stretchy and long plus they could have LST. Anyways you should not judge until you see.

Latest posts

Back