What does a Red reputation comment mean?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Intelligent Moron
Reaction score
Obviously I am guessing it means I am in some form of Dog House, but who is allowed to give them? Are there cumulative penalties for them? I'm just curious about them... I think I'm at around 2....

Hello Fadeux :)

They are negative reputation points.

If someone doesnt like what you have posted they can give you a negative, meaning they dissagree with what your saying or linking o whatever else.

The thanks button gives the green positive reputation, the red triangle on the left gives negative.

That does not mean you can try it out on me just to see if it works :aok: :rofl:

HippyInEngland said:
Hello Fadeux :)

They are negative reputation points.

If someone doesnt like what you have posted they can give you a negative, meaning they dissagree with what your saying or linking o whatever else.

The thanks button gives the green positive reputation, the red triangle on the left gives negative.

That does not mean you can try it out on me just to see if it works :aok: :rofl:

OOOOPs... the RED triangle is for reporting bad posts, posts that are not in line with MP policy, SPAM, ect.. It doesn't give "rep"..
Negative rep can only be given through the "scales" icon button beside the red triangle.

Hick said:
OOOOPs... the RED triangle is for reporting bad posts, posts that are not in line with MP policy, SPAM, ect.. It doesn't give "rep"..
Negative rep can only be given through the "scales" icon button beside the red triangle.

What he said. :p

red triangle >>>> Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

I clicked the scales on Sm's post, it is for giving double reps only.

This is how it works for me, the scales only give double reps, maybe members and Mods see different things.

2 scales.JPG

Hmm, maybe it is different on our end.

But yea, the red only meant someone didn't like your post. However I don't see any red on yours, only 5 green little boxes...lol.

Maybe you can help me Sm.

When I click the scales I get this message, ive had the same message for over a year now, any idea why?

I can never give big reps, I can only use the thanks.

2 scales.JPG

Mines saying that right now too, but it usually resets itself in a few days...strange yours doesn't.

It's because of all the THANKS you give out Hippy. I haven't been able to give rep for awhile now either. I'm pretty sure that's why but will ask MP to make sure. ;)

Right, im going to be a thanks meanie for a week and give none out, see what happens ;)

If the scales are for giving neg reps, that means people who thank others regular cant leave a neg rep when someone deserved neg rep.

ROFLMAO Hippy. :rofl:
HippyInEngland said:
Right, im going to be a thanks meanie for a week and give none out, see what happens ;)

HippyInEngland said:

If the scales are for giving neg reps, that means people who thank others regular cant leave a neg rep when someone deserved neg rep.

I think you have a "handle" on it HIE... if you give out too many thanks, the scales will give you the "You've given too much rep..." message.

You mods ought to make a sticky in the 'announce yourself' tag explaining what everything does and means. I have had it explained to me a couple times and still not sure I get it exactly.....:eek:

i just clicked the scales and it had two choices, approve and disapprove, then a place for a comment.

nvthis said:
You mods ought to make a sticky in the 'announce yourself' tag explaining what everything does and means. I have had it explained to me a couple times and still not sure I get it exactly.....:eek:
:confused2:..just start clickin' on stuff.. you'l finger it out!..:p hee he

i guess i got to be a meanie to, it says i have given out to much reputaion, need to wait 24 hrs....i been asleep alnight, aint gave anyone a thing.....got to make two post to get in game room, but have given out to much rep....am i stoned are is any of this makeing sense?????? hey !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back