What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beavers have been busy in my backyard. Big numbers of deer and turkey, along with mink, fox, and coyotes. It's also a big hangout for bald eagles and tons of other birds. It's the steelhead trout that have most of my attention.
20231005_145719.jpg

Not the back yard, but 14 turkeys in the front yard! Heard the dogs barking so I looked out the widow. Had four at the end of the driveway and a handful in the side yard. When the four in the driveway decided to take a stroll down the road, the others started filing out of the bushes and followed in a straight line. Fourteen in line, just taking a leisurely walk.

Not the back yard, but 14 turkeys in the front yard! Heard the dogs barking so I looked out the widow. Had four at the end of the driveway and a handful in the side yard. When the four in the driveway decided to take a stroll down the road, the others started filing out of the bushes and followed in a straight line. Fourteen in line, just taking a leisurely walk.
I was up to 9 for a week or so but the Jake hasn’t shown up in the past couple of days. There has been a fair amount of coyote activity recently and I am guessing they had a good Thanksgiving meal.

Edited due to spell check changing ‘shown’ to ‘down’…

Last edited:
In my Back Yard? 60 Durian Trees, 30 Mango Trees, 60 Coconut Palms, and about 50 Banana Trees. Marked Safe from Burmese Pythons and Cobras(We got rid of them). Soon we will have around 50 Autos. Afghan Cush, Bruce Banner, Blue Berry, Low Rider, Gorilla Skittlez, Gorilla Cookies, Mandarin Cookie, Runtz Bomb Jack Whats his name, Banana Something and some others. It just keeps getting Bigger.

I bought a $300+ treated canvas tarp to cover my fireplace insert wood. I hate buying a new poly tarp every year or so which is why I went with canvas this time. With rain coming, I decided cover the wood. The fkr ripped on my already. American made too. Grrrrrr…
Have you tried heavy duty vinyl tarps since then? I use them and they never rip on me. I've had one for 3 years now.

Have you tried heavy duty vinyl tarps since then? I use them and they never rip on me. I've had one for 3 years now.
I have just used the crappy vinyl tarps they sell at my local hardware store. I need to get a tarp for my deck furniture so I may try the heavy duty vinyl for that. Thanks for the heads up. BTW-the company I got my canvas tarp from sent me a replacement and Jeff Besos did too so I have 2. The 2nd Besos tarp came with a 1/2” hole in it but it is oversized so I made it work.

Latest posts

Back