What is in your backyard?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 342816
This should be here next weekend.
😆
WOW Wide open spaces. I have lived in area's in my life that was like this but I have been in a very treed area now days and I think I would have a hard time adjusting to seeing forever in all directions. But it is beautiful. Kind of like family members who come up to visit from Texas and freak about being claustrophobic.

WOW Wide open spaces. I have lived in area's in my life that was like this but I have been in a very treed area now days and I think I would have a hard time adjusting to seeing forever in all directions. But it is beautiful. Kind of like family members who come up to visit from Texas and freak about being claustrophobic.
Must be talking about farmers. Lots of country folks in Texas live in the sticks/woods.

I grew up out in the sticks. Way out in the sticks for a good while. It's not hard to adjust to seeing the Milky Way on a clear night, speaking of seeing forever. Breathing room is good for the soul, and the body, as well. I love wide open spaces.

I know. I have been looking for land in lots of state's. I grew up in Colo and lived in some pretty open areas around Durango and Colo Springs but it's been a long time ago. I loved it when I was there. When I'm looking for property I see some farms and you can see the horizon line and it blows me away. Pretty cool to be sure.

IMG_20230810_134641_0.jpg

You know I would like this if I didn't have neighbors right next to me. But In the town like I am in the trees give me the illusion that I don't have houses all around me. If I had my way I would move back out into the hills and live in a shack. But my wife has higher standards I have so I guess we have to at least be close to a bigger town. I understand we aren't getting any younger.

You know I would like this if I didn't have neighbors right next to me. But In the town like I am in the trees give me the illusion that I don't have houses all around me. If I had my way I would move back out into the hills and live in a shack. But my wife has higher standards I have so I guess we have to at least be close to a bigger town. I understand we aren't getting any younger.
Same boat over here.. little shack on some land. Wife has other ideas.

I know what you mean. I never cared about money and just lived for the day pretty much. And that was with a wife and two kids. I was able to supply for them but just barely. After a divorce and a lot of heavy drug use and pretty much living on the street I cleaned up my act because I was sick of living that way. Met my current wife and another child at 40. I ended up working an a smokehouse for WINCO you probably haven't heard of them but they had employee stock options So I made a killing on stocks and retired at 58 because my shoulder bit it. But I have a good retirement because dumb luck. When I retired I rolled it all over to a money man and he's made me a lot of money. I have more now than when I worked. It's weird for sure.

Latest posts

Back