What is this called and what can I expect?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjanenewbie

Reaction score
I have 8-1 week old plants. Seeds from Nirvana, Wonder Woman Fem. This plant has a smaller growth coming up from the base. Can anyone tell me how this occurs and what its called. What can I expect to happen? I used wet paper towel to germinate and only put one seed per pot. Thanks!!!

Hello Mary :)

2 seeds have been planted ;)

I have done the same myself by accident.

While they are still small I would lift them out and put 1 plant into another pot.

:peace:

P.s. It looks like you have a Whorled Phylotaxi on your hands (The taller one) :)

2 2 Hips Polyploidy.jpg

HIE I have had "twins" b4. 2 sprouts from one tap roots and seed (i pre-germ and seen it b4 putting into the dirt ;) ). but noticed that one of the twins was always runted or would even die off. It seemed to be strain related. There was a breeder out of europe a while back that would sell seeds that did that. Claimed 90% would have that trait....didn't see much from him around tho. I think an old banned user named astra007 posted the link up in seedbanks about 2 yrs ago....dang for a stoner i have a wierd memory. :p

edit: awlays wondered if one twin was male and one female then what??? automatic inbreeding? or a screwy hermie? I dunno.

and yep HIE Hick is right the pic you posted is a whorled phylotaxi stilla good lookin plant :aok:

Wiki said:
phyllotaxis or phyllotaxy is the arrangement of the leaves on the stem of a plant.........A whorled pattern consists of three or more leaves at each node. An opposite leaf pair can be thought of as a whorl of two leaves. A whorl can occur as a basal structure where all the leaves are attached at the base of the shoot and the internodes are small or nonexistent. A basal whorl with a large number of leaves spread out in a circle is called a rosette.

All of the posters prior to me, while possesing of great knowledge, are wrong!
It's Wonder Woman for pete's sake, that little growth at the bottom is her arm. Keep watching and you'll see her truth telling lasso....:rofl: :rofl:

Don't feel bad HIE all those "P"s get me all cornfused too....I'm still trying to figure out what a polyploid is and what it looks like :p
Darn genomes are to tiny for me to see :eek:

Thanks for the info guys, so its a one armed super hero huh? No one said if it will develop normally. This was definitely ONE seed. Mutt you think the small one will die off? Do Whorled Phylotaxis develop normally other than the obvious?

look for zipflips "whorled" grow journal. I think he had 3 his last run..;)

oh dont worry, nature always has these little "whoopsies" but they still are able to live good lives ;)

i love finding apples that have those weird imperfections, those "spiral sided" bump in the side of hte apple

also I have had extremely weird bonsai plants that I keep forever lol

The twin never went far for me. but ya never know :D

i had twins too last Fall..they didnt do well for me either..Good luck on yours keep us posted will ya

these seeds were fem from Nirvana. If this plant turns out to be a herm, and self pollenates, will the seeds be fem? just a thought

no, hermies produce hermies.

look up STS Breeding (Silver Thiosulphate....excuse the spelling)

this plant has turned out to only have one leaf, i was thinking about cutting off that part to see if twin will take off cause it seems to be ok other than being very or dwarfed. has anyone ever grew a dwarf plant? is it like a bonsi?

Latest posts

Back