What makes a plant stall in growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcooper1

Reaction score
I wasnt sure if I should post this in hydro or sick and problems.....so here it goes
I have 3 hydro I started (took them from dirt clones) about 1 1/2 weeks or so.At first they grew like crazy,but now the have just stall.They havent growen any in a few days...Is this normal?...Can I use something to help them
this is what I am useing for nutes.Vita grow for veg and big bloom for bloom.Then I have some buster stuff.My lights are off right now and I cant go see what the names are for sure.Anyway if anyone could give me some advice on what to do when they stop growing...thank you

I think it might be that I needed to clean my water ....so I did that...I am not sure.I have been doing alot of reading but cant seem to find a answer that fits my question....please help thank you

What type hydro system you using?
Whats your nute PH? also how strong are your nutes? PPM reading?
Temps of your rez? air temps?

Any pictures, that would help.

hydro sys. is bucketeer bubbler
Ok this is where i become dumb.....what is...nute ph....how can you tell how strong your nutes are...I put what it says to put in.1/2 teaspoon per gal. and I use 2 different kinds.vita veg. and bloom. How do you read your ppm's
air temp runs about 75...80F
water temp i dont have a temp gage yet..... thank you for your help....I am so loss on what to do and how to make them grow again

Hey tcooper, every hydro grower must have a ph meter and a ppm meter.

A ph meter measures acidity. For hydro you want to be aiming for a ph of 5.5.
If your ph isn't right, your plant may not be able to uptake nutrients properly.

PPM stands for "parts per million" and measures the amount of nutrients in your mix. A ppm meter ensures that you do not feed them too little, or too much.

Well it is possible to grow with out both but takes experience... But he is right, if you plan on growing hydro you need to scrape up about $100 and get yourself a PPM meter and PH meter. You can find them on ebay, local hydro store, htgsupply.com, discount-hydro.com, or horticulturesource.com my fav...

crappy Grower + a lot of things :)

You are definitely going to have to buy a ppm and ph meter. Without those, you may as well give up on hydro. You also need to do some more research and read as much as you can on the subject. I don't see how you missed the part on ppm and ph. Definitely do some research and get the meter. Some pics would also help us to diagnose your problem more efficiently. Keep us posted. I wish you the best of luck. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back