whats the average yeild per plant??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

livinitup

Reaction score
if you had a high yeilding plant and given the 5000 lumms per sqf and the right temp s ,enviroment growen indoors will it have the same yeild as an outdoor grow

livinitup said:
if you had a high yeilding plant and given the 5000 lumms per sqf and the right temp s ,enviroment growen indoors will it have the same yeild as an outdoor grow

No

depends on how long you let it veg before putting in flower. i don't let my clones veg very long (probably until they are like 10" tall) and end up getting about an ounce per plant

NO you can not match the sun in growing plants. Plants have evolved over millions of years to grow in the light of the sun. Light bulbs can not match the light spectrums of the sun or lumens

Hola Earthlings,

Been watching this thread and decided that Snax must chime in.

The simple answer answer to your question is that it cannot be answered as written. There are waaayyyyy too many variables, only one of which is light.

Oz is quite correct; clever as humans can be, they cannot accurately emulate sunlight in all of it's many properties. Of the four basic properties, however, there is some comparison between sunlight and that produced by artificial light sources. Of these four - intensity, wavelength, polarization and phase - plants only really care about the first two: Intensity, a measure of radiant energy, and wavelength - or 'frequency" - which determines color value/temp. Intensity we can match (tho not in lumens), it's the colors that elude us. More accurately it's as Oz sez, we can't match the spectrum from a single source like the sun. We can produce light in almost any color imaginable, and we can even get some of them together from one source, but the sun smokes our best effort.

(As an aside, the use of the "lumen" as the unit of measure applicable to horticulture drives Snax insane :hairpull: . For those who may be interested, I am going to post a short discussion on "lighting intensity and green things" on the coffee table soon.)

As I mentioned, light is not the only environmental variable that it is neccesary to define in order to answer your question. Temperature, nutrients, disease, pests, medium, wind, pollution, season, geographical location, strain, exposure attitude (north, south, east, west) any many more variables can dramatically affect the organism.

"So what Snax." Though it might at first seem a no-brainer 'cuz outdoor plants get light that is superior to that an indoor plant must make do with - and therefore will grow bigger/better(???) - my read is that, on balance, there are so many potential threats that are significantly mitigated, and so many beneficial measures that are optimized by us playing God with an indoor grow that I would argue a lesser gain with a plant grown outdoors than some others might predict.

If your question meant to infer "All things being the same, would an outdoor plant outproduce an indoor plant of the same strain?" then yeah, it would. But that seemed too obvious an answer as the question immediately boils down to "Is sunlight better that artificial light?" And that is a no-brainer! :D

Thanx for the question, made me think. Now to the Bat-Bong to recharge.

~Snax (He Who "Goes There") ;)

snaxforgandhi said:
Hola Earthlings,

Been watching this thread and decided that Snax must chime in.

The simple answer answer to your question is that it cannot be answered as written. There are waaayyyyy too many variables, only one of which is light.

Oz is quite correct; clever as humans can be, they cannot accurately emulate sunlight in all of it's many properties. Of the four basic properties, however, there is some comparison between sunlight and that produced by artificial light sources. Of these four - intensity, wavelength, polarization and phase - plants only really care about the first two: Intensity, a measure of radiant energy, and wavelength - or 'frequency" - which determines color value/temp. Intensity we can match (tho not in lumens), it's the colors that elude us. More accurately it's as Oz sez, we can't match the spectrum from a single source like the sun. We can produce light in almost any color imaginable, and we can even get some of them together from one source, but the sun smokes our best effort.

(As an aside, the use of the "lumen" as the unit of measure applicable to horticulture drives Snax insane :hairpull: . For those who may be interested, I am going to post a short discussion on "lighting intensity and green things" on the coffee table soon.)

As I mentioned, light is not the only environmental variable that it is neccesary to define in order to answer your question. Temperature, nutrients, disease, pests, medium, wind, pollution, season, geographical location, strain, exposure attitude (north, south, east, west) any many more variables can dramatically affect the organism.

"So what Snax." Though it might at first seem a no-brainer 'cuz outdoor plants get light that is superior to that an indoor plant must make do with - and therefore will grow bigger/better(???) - my read is that, on balance, there are so many potential threats that are significantly mitigated, and so many beneficial measures that are optimized by us playing God with an indoor grow that I would argue a lesser gain with a plant grown outdoors than some others might predict.

If your question meant to infer "All things being the same, would an outdoor plant outproduce an indoor plant of the same strain?" then yeah, it would. But that seemed too obvious an answer as the question immediately boils down to "Is sunlight better that artificial light?" And that is a no-brainer! :D

Thanx for the question, made me think. Now to the Bat-Bong to recharge.

~Snax (He Who "Goes There") ;)

Please do not put a thread on lighting in the Coffee Table--put it in the lighting section where it belongs.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Please do not put a thread on lighting in the Coffee Table--put it in the lighting section where it belongs.
Yes 'um! I'll do it! :D

Latest posts

Back