Why 12/12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fadeux

Intelligent Moron
Reaction score
First off, I know why people switch to the 12/12 light cycle, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried 13/11 or 14/10 to see what happens? You think 13/11 would still induce flowering, but also add an extra hour of sweet sweet light. Thoughts anyone?

All Marijuana plants operate on the circadian cycle. I.E. 24 rythm. You can increase light cycle to 14 on and 12 off or 13 on and 13 off but this would adversely affect the plant as you'd be adding hours to the day. Most pot species have a 'critical night length'. This is the period of darkness the plant must absolutetly have to flower. Some go as low as 10 and a half hours of dark but most folks go with the standard 12 dark. I'd add more lights during the day cycle rather than increase the number of hours the lights are on. Just my own 2-cents worth.:D

The plant requires the dark time. I would say stick to the tried-and-true method as it seems the most effective. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

I tried 13/11. Some plants did great, others not so great. Ime, stick with 12/12. I do like to switch to 13/11 the last few weeks of flower and I haven't noticed any ill effects so i'll probably do it until I do.

Latest posts

Back