How to feed your outdoor plants organicly? READ THIS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trillions of atoms

Dare to dream...
Reaction score
Ok, ive seen a few posts on ways to feed outdoors.

this is a method i came up with thats good for a few plants to alot of plants- its all how much effort it will take and what your inclined to do. i have taken plenty of photos and will look like there are alot of steps but i did this so anyone can see exactly what to do step by step. that way no one can get lost in the thread with all directions and no pics (i hope you understand)

anyway here we go, you will need:

a funnel
a couple small containers
a couple larger dishes ( i have one dish and one bowl) of good size- the more tea you need to make the bigger the dishes and the more medium you use of course....
water of good quality
medium ( i have perlite for the bottom of the containers so particulate is minimal but this really doesnt matter if you dont have perlite as this is for outdoor plants not hydro)
for medium i have worm castings, cow manure, and mushroom compost

now take your container that you wish to put the medium into (im using this little one because i only need one regular sized bottle of water full of tea per plant. my plants are a couple weeks old.... bigger plants can take more of a stronger tea):

Picture_384.jpg

now fill with medium, i started with perlite but you dont have to:

Picture_385.jpg

then i added my castings:

Picture_386.jpg

then my composts, mushroom first:

Picture_387.jpg

then cow manure and set the container on your trey of choice. (i picked this one so it will pour easy:

Picture_388.jpg

Now pour your water into the container slowly:

Picture_389.jpg

Lift up on the container to let water drain easier:

Picture_390.jpg

now keep pouring water as it drains:

Picture_391.jpg

make sure you have your bowl handy:

Picture_394.jpg

Now pour off the tea into the other container so we can steep it agian:

Picture_395.jpg

Have to break up thread- to many photos:

Now put your container back on the dish:

Picture_396.jpg

Now repour :

Picture_397.jpg

let drian agian:

Picture_398.jpg

Ive found if you use a small container like this for one or a few plants squeezing the container from the sides and even pushing down some from the top will in a sense "juice" the remaining tea out of the saturated medium:

Picture_400.jpg

I do it to both sides to get the most tea out:

Picture_401.jpg

Now get the funnel- put it in the empty bottle (or another transportation method of your choice, a bigger one if you have more plants):

Picture_402.jpg

Now pour liquid in (i didnt take a photo of this because it was to much of a balancing act)

Now your ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture_404.jpg

hope this helps!

Interesting and simple little "brewing" technique there, man. Maybe I'll give this one a whirl and see where it takes the ladies tonight. ;)

should be a sticky..thanks I will try this..do you only pour the tea threw 2 tmes..or more?...in a small contaner like you used (4 inch) how much will that produce befor loseing the good stuff?..thanks and KEEP M GREEN

i only steeped twice as i dont need to much for these babies i have. depending on how old the plants are and how much nutrients they need you could dilute this down if needed.

you could steep more than that if you want but you can only get so much out of a 4inch container if you have large plants you can use a larger container and do it outdoors with rubbermaids and large planting containers.

i have another thread here:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22652&highlight=arreated+compost+teas

this is for bigger outdoor plants/grows- you could even step this way up and do it in a kiddie pool if you had to and steep it in the pool directly.

you can do this for indoor as well but it can get a lil messy like all projects MJ related.

the more you use the medium for more tea the stain will become lighter and lighter. expect to only get one or two good batches out of any set amount of material.

ok i just mixed up some of this compost tea and water my vegging plants with it. but only the plants in organic soil. so we'll see how it does.. i didn't use the perlite because the only brand i have on hand is mg and it has nutes in it. don't wanna trough the mix of. wish me luck. hey toa take a look at my journal since you do alot with lst and supercroping. thanks bro

Latest posts

Back