TokeWithHope's grow box setup with pics!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TokeWithHope

24/7 toker
Reaction score
hey guys im still in the process of finishing my box and working out all of the kinks and makin sure shes ready for my first grow.
1) 600watt digital ballast mh/hps
3) 25 watt 6400k, 1,800L cfl's
1) humidity dome
1) grow bright thermometer/ hygro meter
1) bag of happy frog grow medium
1) 45 pack 1.5'' cubes
1) fox farm nute pack (grow big, tiger bloom, big bloom)
1) hanna ph meter
1) olivias cloning gel
1) light reflector
1) box
1) 50' roll of black and white poly

i still need a vortex 6'' fan 449 cfm, ducting, and a thermostat for the fan

my boxs deminsions are. a
20'' - 29'' - 52.5'' (d-w-h) veg/flower box
20'' - 29'' - 15.5'' mother/ clone box

i plan on building another box same depth and width but 14 inches tall and attaching to the top of this box to make more room for my mother plant(s)/ clones
i will have (2) 4'' dampers in the bottom of my box for intake and the 6'' 449 cfm vortex in my attic about a foot above the box sucking out all of the hot air through a DIY carbon filter. i plan on growing greenhouse white widow, i will either take a clone from one of the plants and make it a mother or just grow a mother from seed which would you all do?
and questions or comments/ suggestions are welcome its my first grow so im open to anything! let me know what u think :)

and below im going to post some pictures

here are some pictures of my box. with some of my nutes, bulbs, etc.

IMG_0322-1.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

that look good, why not just stick with cfls, and florsec. just in case of FLIR system that might find your closet grow..

and will save your bill, I do not see any differences HPS vs Flurs. lights
only the different is watt and cost... buds does grow good with floursec. too.
I have seen it I wanna do that too.

papabeach1 said:
that look good, why not just stick with cfls, and florsec. just in case of FLIR system that might find your closet grow..

and will save your bill, I do not see any differences HPS vs Flurs. lights
only the different is watt and cost... buds does grow good with floursec. too.
I have seen it I wanna do that too.

How many you flower in cfl and how many HPS? HPS is way Better Hands down papabeach...the yields dont even come close my friend....cfl for veg...okay..I would go HID....but for flower. and you have the choice HPS...is the way to go...and it does save on Bill...in order to get the lumes from cfl that a 1000HPS puts out...you need 44 cfl bulbs @ 42 watts thats 1848 watts of power...to match my 1000HPS=140000 lumes and only 1000 watts....Now can you fit those 44 cfl bulbs in there? and how about the heat...im done...Im going to smoke a bong now

take care and be safe

tokewithhope wow cant wait to see you get this going your going to have crazy lumens per square foot huh? well i cant say much other then start building!!!! itll take time to get everything where you want it but when you do your going to be one happy camper!!!

well said 4u2smoke, ive flowered under both cfls and hps and their is a big difference.i can tell you by my expeirence if your planning on going more then 200 watts of cfls its actually defeats the purpose of green growing as a hps would be more efficent on the watt/ lumens compared to cfls wells lets just say BIG DIFFERENCE, and if you buy around 200 watts of cfls in bulbs and relflectors/sockets you could of bought a hps system.

haha ya im going to have the the upper portion for use with cfls' im going to grow maybe 2 mothers up there in time and save some room for some clones. but yeah when i did the math i think it came out to like 154 watts per square foot haha. but im just worried about heat problems. im hoping the 449 cfm vortex is going to be enough. but my box only has like 38 square feet so it should be! and thanks guys for all of your support im really excited! almost everyday i get one small step closer. i just have to stop beaing lazy and put together the other piece of my box. and i heard that u get alot better buds from the hps so thats y i decided to go that route and my original plan was to go with a 400w setup with the mh/hps but i drove like an hour and a half to the htg supply in florida and they didnt have the 400 but i bought the 600w system for 20 dollars more! and i caulked last night so tomorrow im going to primer the interior of the box i hear it helps keep out mold and what not. plus i found this great primer that says to help get rid of odors which is great for my somewhat stealth grow. and props to anyone that read all of this :)

154 per square foot haha man you crazy... cant wait to see how big them buds get right now in my flower room i got like 7500 lumens per square foot and well lets just say youll be amazed. so you went to the HTG shop? how was it? did they have everything they have at the online store? you might want to think of like a decent cfm or computer fans for intake with all that light crammed in their. cant wait for a journal bro, peace.

haha ya with the hps, if i did the math right. 4.1 square feet and 92,000 lumens its like 23,170L per square foot. and with the mh which is 72,000L its 17,560L per square foot but i could be wrong lol. well i have a small cpu fan i hooked up. but its only 32 cfm which i dont think would be enough. would the intake fan rle make much of a difference over the dampers? because im tryn to make the smallest amount of noise possible.

and ya i drove there with my friend last week. ya it was great they carry everything they have onlince except of course they were out of the 400w setup i wanted but i upgraded so owell. but yes there where 2 guys who worked there both in i would say their mid to late twenties and both were really nice and helpful they even put together the reflector for me cause they said their a pain to setup. and they gave me a bunch of free lighters. lol which ive out to good use. and im also almost positive they grow themselves he gave me a really funny look when he recommended some stuff for "tomatos" lol

dude thats so many lumens i cant wait this is going to be very intresting... yup man i think prbbly gonna need a bigger intake fan when i first hooked up my closet and 600 i had 1 250 on outake, 1 250 on intake and my temps were almost in the 90s and that was in 96 cubic feet, now i just got 2 250 cfms for outtake i have one running 24/7 switch em out 1 or twice a day, but im useing a direct ac hookup with 6 inch duct from my window to my closet, works great other then i got tons of sound pollution good thing im a heavy sleeper ehh? haha

about htg supply i just got my 2 order from them ive been very pleased with their sevice, customer care, and everything....

yeah but im running the 449cfm for exhaust which is almost as much as your 500 (2-250's) cfm. but do u think i should run the fan 24/7? i was going to run it through a thermostat and just set the thermostat for like 77 degrees or sumtn. and with the intake it should be breathing in 76 degrees air. and the exhaust is no where near the box itll be in the attic. also right now without any vents intake/ exhaust or any lights or anything my box actually stays cooler than the room outside it. it stays at about 72 degrees and 42% humidity.

and agreed i loved my experience with htg supply! their stand up people

Hey bro can I make a suggestion. And the only reason I know is I made the same mistake. If at all possible move your veg / clone area below the flower. You will have all sorts of light leak issue's with it on top that it WILL cause your grow to go hermie. Other than that looks good bro.

TokeWithHope said:
but do u think i should run the fan 24/7?

Mine doesnt when its off, but right now im not running 20/4. I think If it was 12/12 I might. Just because the smell might start to build up. At the very least it needs to run while the lights are on, but I know you knew that

ya exarmy i know but i was hoping if i put the shelf in between the two and caulked both sides/ all edges of it and put some black and white poly inbetween. and then i was going to cut two 4'' holes and put pvc elbows so it could breathe and light wouldnt get through. i was hoping it would be ok. but what u think? also there is the problem of all of the weight of the bigger plants on top. but what would u do in my position?

and ya i knew that much lol but what do u think the cost would be on the electric bill for running the fan 24/7?

i would do one of two things. Honestly. either move the veg to the bottom, o get a small side cabnet. and put it next to it.

Looking good bro like your set up got 1 question for ya your going with a vortex for exhaust? what about intake? check out my grow journal its a little smaller than yours but im telling ya your gonna have serious heat issue with a 600 watt light running i would make a couple intake holes i went with 80mm fans you can get cheap.well anyways good luck bro

Ya but if u did a side box. I would mainly use it for a mother. And how bad would a WW mom stink?

Ya I'm going tp have to 4" holes cut in the bottom of the box with dampers in case I wana use co2 later. But how loud are those fans bro?

if your worried about noise? then i would worry with that vortex fan running all the 80mm fans i got running in my set up dont even compare to a vortex fan this is were i got my fans geeks.com good prices i got my fans in 3 days

and as far as smell goes i dont know of any plants really that dont smell im shure a ww would give off a good odor

Hey buddy I would remove the top shelf if your concerned about weight of the mothers besides it doesnt look like you have much space up there for them to bush out ya know. This way you can raise your lamp up a bit if the temps are to bad you will not be loosing that much light considering your using a 600 in there. On that note you might need to just run that fan 24/7 your temps are gonna be so high that the thermostat will always be on so theres no point in having it. I would consider another fan dude another 6in for intake your gonna need it because your lamp is not air cooled. Think about it.

Latest posts

Back