Mazar??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

adammiller34

Has anyone grown this before?? i just ordered some and got these as my freebies (Mazar-I-Sharif) and started germinating them... from what Ive read they seem like a pretty nice indica plant but i was just wondering if anyone else has grown these ladies...

Mazar-i-Sharif

Genetics: Traditional North Afghan charas cultivar
Type: Traditional landrace/pure-bred
Variety: Indica Giant
Height: 3-4 meters in natural outdoor environment in Mazar-i-Sharif.
Yield: 1.5 to 2 kg of dried flowers in natural outdoor environment
Aroma: pungent, intense terpene aroma, classic Afghan, with some sweetness
Harvest: early December to early January
Characteristics: Unusually large indica strain with classic wide leaved characteristics.

Grown around the desert towns of Balkh, Mazar-i-Sharif and Sheberghan in the far north of Afghanistan, close to the modern borders of Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. This Mazar-i-Sharif strain produces the legendary hashish known as "Shirak-i-Mazar" and "Milk of Mazar". The people of these regions are a patchwork of Turkic, Tajik, Afghan and Pashtun tribes, and the history of Mazar-i-Sharif strains is likely to be equally complex. In fertile and well-irrigated soils these vigorous giants are capable of reaching 4 metres in height or more, and will produce a similarly immense yield of intensely resinous flowers. Traditionally harvested in the first half of December with the onset of the brutal Central Asian winter, Mazar-i-Sharif plants will enjoy cold conditions, including snow, and will turn a deep blood red in low temperatures. Growers favour leaving harvest as late as possible, sometimes into early January. Sieved "Milk of Mazar" garda is very resinous and so can be hand-pressed to make charas; it has a distinctively pungent, sweet aroma and a dreamily mellow high. Over-indulgence produces a mind-warping, immobilising and narcotic effect.

Ive never heard of them before, will you do a grow journal?

They look an outside plant.

Sounds an interesting strain :)

Never grown it, but has been on my wishlist for some time.

i am now growing the mazar x afgani.i will never grow it again.i have 5 plants going.2 in flower and 3 still in veg tent.but due to space i hooked up another HPS in my veg tent.
the mazar have not shown sex yet and have been in flower for about 4 weeks.they are about 3 ft tall also,as of now.they are scraggly,xmas tree looking plants.just not my kind of plant.i will see how the harvest goes and the quality of the smoke before i completely dis this strain.but as of now,the mazar sucks.jmo i will post a pic to show you.it is also very nute sensitive to start with.i'm growing in DWC. i know this strain is a little different.

Just to be sure, did this come as a freebie from Seed Boutique? I've been waiting to order until they switched sending HazexSkunk. I read somewhere else that they switched, but I wanted to certain.

Good luck with the grow.

TheEnhancementSmoker said:
Just to be sure, did this come as a freebie from Seed Boutique? I've been waiting to order until they switched sending HazexSkunk. I read somewhere else that they switched, but I wanted to certain.

Good luck with the grow.
last order i made they sent Thai*Haze x SK#1

the mazar strain i am growing was the freebie seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl
all 5 seeds germed well,its not the seeds,its the strain i do not care for.it might turn out to be a good yielder and smoke,but it is definitely one i will not ever grow again.

andy52 said:
the mazar strain i am growing was the freebie seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl
all 5 seeds germed well,its not the seeds,its the strain i do not care for.it might turn out to be a good yielder and smoke,but it is definitely one i will not ever grow again.
4 weeks in there has to be something wrong with it genetically its a mostly indica it should be well into flower by now thats wierd

another grower said that they take a full 8 weeks to show flower from seed.getting mighty damn close to that for me.i checked my notes on the mazar and the 2 biggest are 5 1/2 weeks old now.i put them into flower at about 2 weeks old.the one is 42 inches tall and still has not shown flower yet.

andy52 said:
another grower said that they take a full 8 weeks to show flower from seed.getting mighty damn close to that for me.
:eek:thats a long time to wait

AHHHH...you guys have the Mazar-i-sharif freebe seeds. Not the Mazar from Dutch Passion. BIG difference.

The MAzar I grew from DP is great. It started showing bud 1 week into 12/12. Huge yeilder and nice bud. Finished in 56 days.

I can't tell you all about the freebe seeds. I allways throw them away. If they were free, they aint for me.

i will trash the rest of my freebies,except the super silver haze.i will try them one time.that will be outside next year tho.

i am just about ready to pull these mazar.i have 2 big ones in flower and they have yet to show sex.close to 4 ft tall on the largest ones.these are the babies

yeah they were from nirvana boutique... it said that it was an indica plant that took 8-9 weeks to flower but that it grew squat and bushy not 4 ft like the pics above thats crazy... i was hoping they were a small plant... maybe ill just use the fems for mother plants and take as many clones as i can from them and then force flower the clones when they are 14''-16'' (due to the lack of space i have) in a SOG type drip system i just built... thanks for all the input though as soon as they pop i will start a journal they just got planted into rockwool and i built a small drip system just for those 5 seeds for when i transplant... it will be my first hydro setup so we will see how it goes... and more comments are much appreciated... thanks alot guys/gals!!

Latest posts

Back