The Rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hick

Git "R" lit
Reaction score
They will remain as they have been. All the bitching and whining you like is not going to change them.
If you don't like 'em...if they are to stifling, we can arrange to have you shown the door.
Feel free to start up your own site with your own moneys. THEN you can make the rules.
MP is not a democracy, it is a privately owned, privately paid for site. Top which you will adhere to the rules or you won't be allowed to participate. It truely is as "SIMPLE AS THAT"..
I've already banned 3 of the most livid participants, more to come I promise.
We WILL keep this forum under control, and within the set rules. I will not allow member to belittle others, OR the bash the site with childish antics.
2. Flaming, or open argument including, but not limited to.......
5. Bashing of anyone or any group is not considered polite. Please don't do that here. We're here to get away from that type of thing, not to participate in it.
15. The Marijuana Passion Forums are not public domain and membership can be withdrawn by the board owner at any time for any reason. The moderators reserve the right to refuse or delete any message for any reason.
if you do not agree with any of our policies please do not join our community

We can see it ALL.. nothing is removed or deleted from the staff..:)

..Any questions?... errr anyone care to join nycd, stoney, and purple haze? ..volunteers?
speak up.. I'm on a ROLL!!!!

It seems the mind control satellite has been very busy lately...

tfh.jpg

Good post Hick.
Think people forget one simple thing......
The mods are here to deal with bad posts. instead of responding and fueling a fire and getting your own butt burnt...contact mods and admin. Let the thread go. turn off the forum and smoke a joint and wait. We will handle it. Its our job to deal with it and responding only makes our job harder.
plus the ignore button is cool ;)

thank you mutt.. those engaged in the forum/member bashing have been temporarily restricted from posting. Any further engagement will result in it being made permanent.
It is not "your" job or place as a member to retaliate to post that you feel are an attack. All you need do is "report" it, and allow the staff to do their duty.
We are equipped to deal with it, without it turning ugly on the public board.

For what it's worth, I nearlly stopped that thread yesterday, as I had a "hunch" where it would lead. But rather decided to toss out a cpl more coils of rope and let the fools run with it... they DID ;)

the fact is, the staff sometimes has to do things that are not popular, or with the approval of the majority. If we didn't, we would be no different than all the other sites out there.
We "like" the idea of being a bit unique, in the respect of the rules we enforce.
If you aren't one of the 'willing' to comply, or find it unacceptable to have immature rants and foul language "censored", you likely aren't going to 'fit in' here.
there are thousands of mj sites to choose from, if you "choose" ours, you will be required to abide by the policies.

My 2 cents....I know, I have alot of cents.... Personally, I could care less about cussing. Sometimes a good cuss word is a great "descriptive" response to an issue, that lets the poster "vent" a bit.

But this is not my house. It is MP's house, and, just like I do when I am away, I have a few individuals I leave in charge. I tell them the "rules" of the house, and I expect them to follow them. Plain and Simple.
Thats ALL the MODS are doing. Following and enforcing the ruleset layed out by the Founder, MarP.
'I give full props to all the Mods here. I have had issues myself here and was "disciplined". After some good discussions THRU PM'S, it was worked out and all is well. I found that the Mods were VERY fair and take into account all the factors, not just "hit the ban" button if any little issue comes up.
I missed the thread that caused all the riff raff, but I am sure the Mods handled it fairly, that I have no doubt.
Posting in Forums is defenatly a learned skill, imo.
I am very confrontational and can fly off the handle rather quickly. I have been banned from my share of forums, let me tell u. What that taught me was to use commen sense and PROPER English language to make your point and "outsmart" issues rather then just flip out. You can still be a "samrt-butt" without being mean, just be intelligent about it and BACK up your point.
I see quite a few posts all the time that are "borderline" and the Mods let it go. I don't feel they are being the censor police at all. It must really get out of hand before they step in, so if it happens, there was good cause.
It is easy to get comfortable here and "let yourself go", but just remember, this is MP's house and his rules.

Hick;
I hope you did'nt take this poll to go against you or the rules or any MODS.
I think i made myself VERY clear, i like it here and the poll was only out of curiousity, NOT trying to change or challenge anyone or any rules.
We cool........?................................................

mrkingford said:
Hick;
I hope you did'nt take this poll to go against you or the rules or any MODS.
I think i made myself VERY clear, i like it here and the poll was only out of curiousity, NOT trying to change or challenge anyone or any rules.
We cool........?................................................
that'd be "kooool"...;)
and I didn't take it as a challenge mrk'...
but it just doesn't matter what the opinions are. a discussion is definately going to lead to disruption and disagreement. Of which there is NO benefit to it being discussed, other than promote another thread like the one that got some folks banned.
there was another poll recently. It went down the same road, but was deletd by the OP before the staff could get their hands on it..but we saw it, AND took notice..;)
There are those that just don't play nice with others. Thus we are required to be the facist pigs that we are... :rofl:..

I did'nt even know anyone got banned til hick sent me the link to "the rules" and i read it, this was after i started the poll.
I agree with whatever keeps this forum running the way it does.
I feel bad for those banned and hope they come back. Everyone makes mistakes, it's wheather you learn from them is what counts.

All this over a thread about the server, haha, strange.
Peace to all.............................................

yea.. another server thread that went amuck.. T'is sad. I'm no 'techy', but can't imagine the server issue being impossible to rectify. And it is one issue that has plagued MP for sometime. Not only prompting good members to move elsewhere, but resulting in arguements that resulted in good members banned.

5. Bashing of anyone or any group is not considered polite. Please don't do that here. We're here to get away from that type of thing, not to participate in it.

So... Us Southerners cant make fun of them Yanks?
I am screeeewed.

I love the no cuss rule though. Cause us true Southern Gentlemen are above swearing in front of such fine ladies like SM, THG, UKgirl, Yoga, MojaveMama, and all.

Great point Hick. Folks have to realize that you and the other Mods are also frustrated with the "server" situation. Threads about it cause no good. If folks have issues, then send MarP a pm and let him know how u all feel!

SPEARCHUCKER said:
So... Us Southerners cant make fun of them Yanks?
I am screeeewed.

I love the no cuss rule though. Cause us true Southern Gentlemen are above swearing in front of such fine ladies like SM, THG, UKgirl, Yoga, MojaveMama, and all.

I'm north of the mason dickson 'chucker.. tread lightly.. :rofl: ;)

just like Norcalhal said, he doesnt feel the
need to hold back a swear when its needed
(away from the computer) and neither am I.
ive been a person to run my mouth since i was young.
BUT. i came to this site, didnt know the rules. was PMd
not to swear, and havnt said a single swear word since.
if you respect the forum youll respect the rules
if not
bug off :p

SPEARCHUCKER said:
So... Cause us true Southern Gentlemen are above swearing in front of such fine ladies like SM, THG, UKgirl, Yoga, MojaveMama, and all.

Someone has a brown nose........................:holysheep:

mrkingford said:

Hey, Chucker, I think that's a rascist remark aimed at you--personally:eek: --because of your username.

You gonna let him get a way with that?

How about we go school yard and I get down behind him and you push him over me?

JK, mrkingford, only trying to get a rant going, but Spearchucker is so laid back he won't rise to the bait.

mrkingford said:

5. Bashing of anyone or any group is not considered polite. Please don't do that here.

Hes just upset that he didnt think of it first PencilHead.

And Hick. We all cant be born perfect. :p

haha, he's from down south, he's a good ol' boy.

Or is he from Korea? himmmm.....

Latest posts

Back