My four babies / firstgrow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizoelio

Reaction score
Hey hey, it's actually my second grow, but first grow was couple of years back and just some midgrades nothing great.

These seeds were given to me bt a grower. They are randoms though, he lost info on strains.

They've been growing for 2 weeks as of this monday, tommorow.

I took a couple of shots during the two weeks.

Anyhow, at first I just through them in one of those stash pots, with the hidden compartment in it.

4 seeds total.:headbang:

the seedling pic shows how they came up, a day or two later I spread them out.

As you can see in the second picture.

It was amazing seeing the little gems grow. I used CFL's since the seedling stage.

They are growing nicely. I managed to get a couple of small pots and separated 3 out of the 4 from the stash pot.

One of them is like a super giant compared to the other three and has a more waxy like leaf.

The big one stayed in the black stash pot for now.

Using potting soil, the MG kind with the slow release nutes.

Ok so that is first weeks. I'll follow this post up with second week pics.:bongin:

w-seedlings.jpg

w-respread.jpg

Alright,my babies looked awesome for the first week, tons of grow.

I've been using sunlight to supplement my indoor lights and the plants love it! Luckily I get a great view of the East sky from dawn until 2pm, steady beaming sunlight! Right on my babies! so a good 8 hours of sunlight + 16 hours of cfl's my babies are getting big... but boy if these plants turn out to be ladies these broads need to shave their legs. I've noticed so much little hairs on my babies.

Here is one pic of week two progress.

This one i'm calling stinky... cuz it smells already. :eek:

Well tommorow is my babies two weeks anniversary since popping up out of the soil. Monday the 5th! I'll take some pics of my temp grow setup as I try to unghetto it a little. And also i'll take some good pics of all the plants.

Oh yea... on the big one which there is no picture of today, the one still in the stash pot I noticed a little yellowing of one of the leaves. Probably a little nute burn. I've flushed water through the soil, the leaf hasn't gotten worse.

I've also noticed that the grow room is now my favorite place in the whole house. I am a writer by trade and it's amazing how many hours a day I sit next to my plant jamming tupac and watching them grow.

Yes they love Pac.

w-stink.jpg

Weirdest thing is happening, next to another plant a 5th! one has started growing, just popped up today.

It popped up right after I added a 40 watt regular bulb to bring my temps up out of the early 70's and more into the 80 range.

I am guessing it was already growing though, doubt some super plant could grow like that in a few hours.

Just odd though... I don't know where he came from.. I shall name him Mutant X, on top of this post there is a picture of stinky, the pot where the Mutant X showed up is the same setup.

I'm going to leave him in there until he shows true sign of being the right kind of plant. Which it should be since it looks exactly like the others did.

But I have no idea where he came from. There was this one odd looking seed that looked like two seeds joined like siamese. But that one sprouted into the green giant who's twice the size of the others. I think.

I was stoned as hell a week ago and found a half *** undeveloped seed in a bag of some killer **** I had. I mean this bud didn't look pollinated and it smoked so great, some citrus variation.

I remember thinking I should throw the seed in one of the pots, it might make good fertilizer. But I don't remember doing it.

But that's the only way another seed could have gotten in there. And it's in a weird *** place like by the edge of pot.

Wonder if it's possible that underdeveloped seed decided to do it's thing regardless.

The soil is MG and it was sterilized, and i'm like 69% sure it is a pot plant.

Nobody else knows about the grow.

Oh also, the casing of the seed is gone. It wasn't in the soil.

Oh also, I would love for my Grow to at the end be more of a thinking mans high. I'm a writer, like fiction... obviously not anything fance since my grammar sucks hah. Anyhow is there anything I should be doing to insure that my buds turn out to be a good thinking mans high as oppose to some sit there and be braindead for a couple of hours.

Or is it just the luck of the genetic draw when it comes to the highs like that?

Read a few forum posts on when to cultivate and what not so I am familiar with the coloring for the chems. But anything to do while they veg?

Hey man, I'm not a grower 'cause I'm way too lazy to do it lol but I know where you're coming from about a "thinking man's" high and I can give you the little bit of knowledge that I have.

Body high and Mental highs aren't dependant on the way you grow it. These effects are dependant on the strain of weed. Now, I'm not sure if STRAIN is the right vocabulary to use either so if I've used it wrong someone please correct me. But I do know that an Indica strain(?) will give you that braindead body high you're trying to avoid, and a Sativa strain(?) will give you that mental stimulation you're hoping for.

There are also hybrids I believe, where the plant is compromised of x% indica and y% sativa, but the general rule is indica = bodyhigh sativa = mental high.

Best of luck on your grow.:peace:

Looks like you're having some fun man and everything is going great so far from what I can see. Be sure to keep showing us pics!

If you harvest when the trichs are clear and cloudy you will get more of a heady high. If you wait longer, till they are amber color then you will get more of a brain dead, couch lock high. You are a ways from this point though ;). Best of luck!

Today I start week 3 with my four babies and the fifth ****** who came out of nowhere.

I've attached some pics. This week I will redo my grow room since they are growing so great with my ghetto setup.

I did over water them on Saturday and they were pissy for a day or so. Today I woke up to a super growth spurt. They are huge! And only in one day!

More are starting to stink.

Also thanks for the kind words and info guys! Good to see i'll have some pro's eyeing my grow.

Also Mutant X is clearly seen growing next to one of my other plants. I am 100% sure it is what it is just no clue where it came from.

:2940th_rasta:

w-2week1.jpg

w-2week2.jpg

w-2week3.jpg

w-2week4.jpg

Whats up mang. Your babies are looking great. Nice and healthy and green. That's what ya want. Here is some GREEN MOJO for the little ones. Good luck on the grow and we will be following. ;)

GreenMojo.JPG

Thanks for the Mojo TBG. Yea, I must admit I am shocked myself, my babies are doing great and look great, and are happy with the lighting, especially when they get them sun rays for 8 hours a day nice and blasting on them with their white greatness. :p

They also love the cfl's. Going to get some tubes soon, and probably a nice light for flowering.

Anyways anyone can tell me what the dominant types for my plants are? Either Sativa or Indica yet?

indokid said:
Hey man, I'm not a grower 'cause I'm way too lazy to do it lol but I know where you're coming from about a "thinking man's" high and I can give you the little bit of knowledge that I have.

Body high and Mental highs aren't dependant on the way you grow it. These effects are dependant on the strain of weed. Now, I'm not sure if STRAIN is the right vocabulary to use either so if I've used it wrong someone please correct me. But I do know that an Indica strain(?) will give you that braindead body high you're trying to avoid, and a Sativa strain(?) will give you that mental stimulation you're hoping for.

There are also hybrids I believe, where the plant is compromised of x% indica and y% sativa, but the general rule is indica = bodyhigh sativa = mental high.

Best of luck on your grow.:peace:

Hah, dude... this is a lazy mans plant. The thing takes care of itself once you get things going. Dude this is like easiest thing i've ever done.

They look Indica dominant for sure. You can always tell an Indica by the fat wide leaves. Sativa have very thin long leaves.

Damn, indica take longest don't they?

Also one of them is really small and really on the white powder side of green. If I had a nugget that looked like the plant I would smoke it in a heart beat. Must be some good **** huh?

Thanks TBG!

nevermind read up on strains in the forums. Can't wait to see what I get! They stink already!

Something is wrong with one of hoes.

I've attached a pic, but it's hard to get a good one of problem.

Basically I have a really weird spot on a leaf, started with one spread to another.

It's like a brownish, orange, like if ya broke an orange highlighter and looked in the middled and put that on a leaf and then used the burn tool in photoshop.

Sorry man that's simplest way I can describe. They are small, but the plant looks real healthy. I been freaking out about it all day. Then when I took picture of the sick part I realized I forgot to water it earlier. Stuck my finger in the soil and it was like dry... like really dry.

I watered. But was that the problem or am I showing a sign of some greater ill.

Reason I forgot to water it earlier is cuz I was watering while smoking/ taking pics of it in living room for week 2 birthday journal. Haha. 6 hours later + I realize I forgot to water.

I really hope it was just water problems.

My specs are MG slow release 3 month soil.

CFL, 1 or two per plant.

Tempeture ranges from 65ish to 78ish in the room, probably early 70's most of the time ont he plant themselves.

Humidity is good, I am using a humidifier to help with the dry *** winter air.

:confused:

w-sick.jpg

Sorry mang but that pic is not doing any justice. :D Can't see a thing. ;) How close do ya have your lights? I'm thinking if the soil was bone dry and the lights close maybe heat stress.

Right on them, I think you are right on heat stress, I added a 40 watt standard bulb by it yesterday,like 8 inches away. But cfl was still real close on it. I am thinking heat stress sounds right. Since problem just started. Yea man my cam sucks for this, it's 5 megapixel decent for parties and women but not plants hah.

Wow man, you don't sleep do ya TBG.

Dizoelio said:
Right on them, I think you are right on heat stress, I added a 40 watt standard bulb by it yesterday,like 8 inches away. But cfl was still real close on it. I am thinking heat stress sounds right. Since problem just started. Yea man my cam sucks for this, it's 5 megapixel decent for parties and women but not plants hah.

Wow man, you don't sleep do ya TBG.
Yup that could be your problem then. Raise the light up a bit and give her a nice drink and she should recover fine. ;) I sleep i just don't sleep long. I get up about 3:00 every morning and go to bed about 10:00 at night. :p

The girl is back to norm, guess it was heat stress. All of the plants have hit some super growth spurt last two days since pics. The plants look way more bushier, stronger stems, bunch of new leaves on all of them. And I am finally noticing the weed leaf looking leaves coming through.

:eek:

Well week four has begun. As you can see i've been busy. I've finally posted a pic of how the grow room first looked with the leaning lamps and ****. CFL's. Yep, kinda ghetto.

The three plants were surrounded by copying paper that reflected light from the lamps.

Last week I got a light and some mylar and grow bags.

That's pic of how things look now. I've upgraded. Growroom 2.0.

So here's the progress.

Plants stink! Like really stink. One extremely stinks. Good thing I don't have to worry much about smell.

The plants are healthy, some might be showing sex, but i'm waiting.

I originally had them on 24/7 on cfl's.

Not that I have an MH grow light I have them at 18/6. Doing good, also have sodium bulb ready for flower cylce.

Getting some Lowryder #2 seeds. So Grow room will be upgraded a few more times.

Hope you all like. I'll post some up close pics of the plants in a couple of hours. Maybe tommorow. Need battery for cam.

Forgot to say, added mylar to the back wall. And also have a whole roll to do grow room up totally.

I might need more Green Mojo this week guys.

:peace:

growroombefore1.jpg

plantgrowb4.jpg

growroomnew.jpg

Nice one ...hope temps are ok in that cold, drafty, old house :)

Latest posts

Back