Questions about clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocker420

Reaction score
Although i have very little experiance with clones, i want to use them as my first time growing indoors. Iv read some things on these forums about clones but i still have a few questions. Such as whats the max height they get to, how much bud should i expect off of one. How long do they take to grow, and do they need more nutrients and care then a normal plant?

First of all clones are a normal plant! lol A clone is just a duplicate of its mother plant. You can Veg them as long as you want, but keep in mind that they can double in Flower so plan accordingly. It is very difficult to "guess" what kind of yeild you will get from a plant. There are too many points to consider. Like I said a clone is a normal plant and thus needs the same kind of care as a seedling. Having clones is just a guarantee of having females. At least that is the whole point. I personally grow only clones.

Good luck

Hey rock Thats all I do is grow by clones. My Experiance is with white widow. I put them into flower right after the roots have formed ( I clone them in a hydro cloner. Takes about 4 days for roots to show). From there it is approx 9 weeks to harvest. 2 of those weeks they are going through root growth. The remaining 7 is flower production. They get about 4' high and give me 2-3 oz each.

clones loose genetic structure. meaning your content of delta 9(thc) will drop, not alot, but enough to make a differance. if u need wieght quick, this is the way to go, if ur looking for potency and high, go with seed.

plants also loose potency with age, my buddy had a "true blueberry" mother for 8 years. it was hella chronic, but lacked in potency. we just couldnt bare to see her go, its like having a 4th child lol.

DankCloset said:
clones loose genetic structure. meaning your content of delta 9(thc) will drop, not alot, but enough to make a differance. if u need wieght quick, this is the way to go, if ur looking for potency and high, go with seed.

Let me just start by saying that this is my 2 cents and my experiance.
I have to dissagree with this statement dank. Even though this "may" have been studied in the past I still have to disagree with this. I can not see how the genetic structure changes when you are taking a clone. This just does not make sense. It has to have the same structure from the host plant that it has been taken from. DNA is DNA it does not change unless you are one of the rare breed of people known as chimera's that are born with 2 dna structures.Thats another topic all together that I can rant on forever.

I grow WW from seed AND clone, much more from clone, and do see a distinct difference from them. I've noticed, and this is MY grow, so please don't quote all these studies that were done on other plants other than this one or tell me I'm not a scientist so I don't know what I'm talking about or any other ** like that cause I'm getting tired of hearing it. I quote from my own experiances, my own grow area, and what "WORKS" for me. There is "NO" one right way or wrong way to do anything. It's all about what works for you. Everybodies growing techniques are different, even in a controlled atmosphere, "BECAUSE" of just plain human error. This is on variable that "CAN NOT" be controlled. Even when you are using accurate scales and measuring untensils. My 5 grams or mil "WILL NOT" be exactly the same as yours. Heck even "YOUR" measurement won't be the same from day to day due to temp. fluctuation, atmospheric pressure changes, moon phase and the such.

This is one of the "EASIEST" plants that I've grown. The tell you exactly what they need if you just listen to them. I started growin with WW and was told that I was nuts because this is a complicated strain to grow and I would have an awfull lot of problems. I beg to differ. Just "LISTEN" to your plants this is your key.

Anyway I find that "MY" clones produce more trichs and the high is the same. I use a 100x micro to check my plants and "CLEARLY" see that the they produce more. I have raised plants with trichs sprouting from trichs. With a plant that is acclimated to the area and a grower that uses the proper neuts for what he is trying to do, in my case produce more trichs, which in turn produces more weight by default.

From speaking with breeders and other growers they have told me that a plant "DOES NOT" loose potence over the years. One of my friends over seas has had a mother for 15 years, clones from it, and has not lost any potency. I have my "third" mother from a clone and is as healthy if not healthier than the seed it came from. Why? From tweeking my techniques and "LISTENING" to what they need/want. "IF" this is the case then plaese explain to me how the suppliers of coffe shops cans successfully clone time after time with great results and still stay in business. For sure if it was crap then they would not be in business. No one would support them.

Again it's all in the grower. Am I saying that I am the king of the grow, by no means. I'm just saying that there is no right and wrong way to do this only what works for you and by learening more and tweeking your neuts and techniqes you can have a very good crop weather it be from clone or seed.

Good luck and have fun.

it might be strain, i havent a clue, but everytime i take a clone from a clone, its weak sh!t, and yes, i was basing my statement off of scientific studies, hell i could be wrong, i'll do a little diggin. the same goes for taking a clone off a mother, master kush to be exact, the clones always came out... how do i say,,,, lame? compared to the mothers potency, iam very religeous on my regimens, so i know iam not doing anything differant. huh stumped for once.

Cloneing clones <-- click for a previous discussion
I've grown several strains, cloneing several generations from clones before any significant, noticable degredation.
So have many others. Some dn't seem to experience any noticable differences.
Maybe you're doing something different.?

maybe, i dont really know, at any rate, iam just going to toss it because i dont like uncertainty.

Thats whay I'm saying there are soooo many strains you can't just say that this and that works, period. It's just not so. Thats why I stress "in my experiance". Your strain probably acts different from mine. I like to say that making one type of sugestion and saying thats it cut and dry is like saying orchid food is good for roses. Yes it will work but not to it's full potential.

So hopefully no one took my rant this morning the wrong way.:eek:

Latest posts

Back