Weak Stems Help !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrandDaddyToke

SEE U ON THE DARK SIDE
Reaction score
I bought 20 seeds supposedly a medical strain called angle dust. The seeds came in 5 days fine. Used wet paper towel with heating pad, All 20 had small sprouts in 24 hours. I planted them about ½ inche deep in a good starter soil and put them under a 400 watt MH 5 ft high. They came up in 2 or so days. I water with DI H20. They are to tall just starting third leaves @ 8 days in soil. Stems seem very weak. I am lowering the light a few inches a day. I have good ventilation and small fan blowing on them. Can I transplant deeper or just try and stake them up. Any help would be great. I will try to post pics.
THANKS
1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3b.jpg

looks like they are stretching for the light maybe move the light closer if u can i don't know what the heat out put on that light is but i put mine are about four inches from the plant. Also u can bury that plant up to just before the first set of leaves the stem will grow more roots out it good luck peace

drop the light down lower. 5 feet is the reason they're stretching on you. The light intensity deminishes rapidly the more distance it has to travel to the leaves. 15-18" with good ventilation. You might even be able to get it lower if your ventilation can keep it that cool. You can transplant them into deeper soil or make braces for them and just let them strengthen from the fan.

Thanks for the advice!! Yesterday I turned on another 400 watt MH and have it turned side ways @ an angel towards the babies. I lower the light a few inches everyday. I don’t want to burn them up. I want to TRANSPLANT to a 12 inch /3 gallon pot. If I can set them in to the first set of leaves like you suggested without killing them that would grate. IT would mean I would be putting about 2 &1/2 inches of the stem under new soil. If this can be done without any DEATHS it would solve my biggest problem. Also when can I start using miracle grow 36-6-6 and @ what strength? I work @ a Laboratory so I can get all the DI H20 I need, plus some other free goodies without any suspicion. Would you stay with the DI? Any thing you can help me with sure would grate. I live in Florida and grew outside many years ago. Inside is new to me. I have all the tools but lacking knowledge!!!
Thanks A Lot!!

you can cover the stems up to the 1st round leaves, no problem.
don`t add any nutes untill the 3-4 week, start off light, with half, maybe a bit less of the reccomended dose and gradually increase with each watering or alternate waterings.
Good luck man.:bump:
what is DI water?

Hey s21t, a 400w HPS can be at about 24 inches with plants as young as yours. Don't move them all at once. Move them down about 6 inches every other day until you have them at 24 inches. Watch your plants closely for any signs of burn.

Also, the soil will dry out more quickly with the lights closer, so keep an eye on that as well.

Read, read, read on this site. You'll find everything you need to know.

Latest posts

Back