BubbleGum From Carty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the baby BG she is a git slow but when the roots make it to the Mykos it will take off.
image.jpg

I've not seen that much Sativa in a Bubblegum in, maybe never... I sure hope she's not a bust of a pheno.
I'd like to see much larger bud sites by now. the one I grew looked nothing like this at all... although Bubblegum is known to be Sativa dom, this one is for sure unique.
At this point in the game I'd think about doing some serious bending of branches, creating breaks can make a plant explode... tie down the branches at 90* so smaller branches grow upward towards the light...
Just had to bend my GDP because it was almost hitting the light, bent main stem over...

Might be my bad I did not up pot them they are still in 1 gal pots. I will with the baby one they do have nice seeds. I will put one outside in spring and see what I get with real sun. I just started up potting the Lucifers Hammer. I need to be sure to do this step. Wonder if it too late now?

Might be my bad I did not up pot them they are still in 1 gal pots. I will with the baby one they do have nice seeds. I will put one outside in spring and see what I get with real sun. I just started up potting the Lucifers Hammer. I need to be sure to do this step. Wonder if it too late now?
No, not to late with the stage she is in as she has plenty of growing time with her Sativa dom.. she can
actually run 90 days... half veg, half to bloom.
Watch how she explodes a few days after up potting. It can cause a big stretch also... try up potting her to a 3gal felt pot... and from now on try up potting them at a month... what I usually do..

Hey, we try this, we try that... it's how we learn as people... cannot tell you how many things I've tried over 20yrs... and after all is said and done I hear one of my Mentors... (Deadvet) telling me... Keep It Simple Stupid. and what I have recently returned to after all my experiments... DV was right, sshhhh...

Miracle Grow potting mix for container growing, add chunky perlite.... mix in Espoma plant starter plus to veg soil mix.... no foods needed for at least 2wks.. the Espoma has the mychorrizae fungi spores needed for explosive root growth along with foods of 4-3-3 to feed them thru veg....

then I use FoxFarm 3part, Silica, and one of the best products.. Humbolts Secrets Flower Stacker...
the Flower Stacker is used at the first sight of sexing, preflower... this stuff is like magic and forces the
plant into flowering faster and more bud sites.

Ok I took you suggestion and up potted. I didn't have 3 gals on hand that were ready to go so I did have to use 2 gal. Roots were pretty tight in there so It needed it. I added the Mykos and a bit of fishnure. We will see in a week

Attachments

• IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
@Carty What is the bubble gum strain supposed to smell like? To it smells of cat
p iss. That is a smell I do not care for. I didn't really notice it until I was up potting. I have low ceilings and needed to transport it to up pot it.
I accidentally topped it. Didn't notice until it was lights off and the poor thing was hanging by a thread. So I pulled it off and smelled it. Yuck cat pee. I hope she don't taste like it too. I will be using this for edibles otherwise. The seeds will get donated. There are certain smells that are a deal breaker for me. This is one of them.

I had so many males and a couple females. So I pollinated them to keep the strain. I am not fond of doing seeds. I need to learn the art of cloning.
Not normal at all Jan... usually Bubblegum gets it's name for just that, that sweet smell of Bubblelicious chewing gum.. usually a Bugglegum plant grows with Sativa high but Indica structure and finishing time.
But, gifted seeds, majority of them, tend to be F2 stock as we all make seeds and share them along.. can be good and bad. Good for pheno hunting but requires patience.. I think a feminized seed stays closer to the mom's structure...
Cloning is so easy, and once you find a strain or two can make life easy always knowing what your gonna get
You'd love my method. You know the chicken rotisserie containers from the whole cooked chickens at Walmart... they even have steam escape holes for humidity to leave. Used that method for years with 99% success rate... Rapid Rooter plugs, cuttings, dome... roots in 5 days.
Kinda sucks this Bubblegum doing what it is.. I have 2 GDP going, one is a short bushy little thing I love, the other stretched so much I bent it over... F2's huh? lol

Bubblegum has always been one of my top strains for smell, taste and effect, truly happy pot. That's bizarre to have a pheno that is 180° from that. Hope it turns around for you.

It is early in flower do maybe the smell is developing and how it starts at least this plants. Maybe they were mislabeled? I cant complain they were free. Time will tell. Weed is weed with all the love I put into these puppies it will be good weed at least. I have never grown weed that sucked. I do grow some that looks like it is going to suck. Then when it is all said and done. It is still fire and meets my standards. I have several people In my family I share with. It will get smoked or cooked into oil for edibles. I want to make a tincture to try. Tired of baking cookies my sister is a cookie monster. I make enough to last a week at least. We each had 18 cookies last time. My plate is still fullish her is gone and she is asking for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back