Hey now...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THCPezDispenser

Makka Pakka Smoka Doob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Not really a first time grower, I've grown 10 years ago back in university in the apartment we were living in with ok results. I've read a lot more since, and eager to try again, BUT - the wife won't let me :( She doesn't mind me smoking it (even though she doesn't), but she's not keen on it growing in our house. I'm sure I could hide it from her, she never goes in the basement and the design I am thinking of is fueled on paranoia, but that's a bad karma start right off the bat to hide it from her. Outdoors is not really feasible for me either, I live in the city and no time to go on moonlight hikes. Guess I'll just have to work on her some more...

But even though, still love reading all the posts and planning for the big day, it will come, just need to figure out the right buttons on the woman :)

THCPezDispenser

Welcome :cool: I agree..there must be a way to swindle her into the idea :p Keep the faith!

I will tell you what. You first need to do are weigh the pro's and con's of growing bud. look at it from her point of view and understand why she is thinking what she is. Sit down and have a talk with her.

Then come to a compramise. This is the key. Don't do it behind her back because you will cause trust issues...bad idea.

Everything can be solved if talked about in an appropriate manner.

My G/F does not smoke weed either but does not have a problem with me smoking. I told her I was going to start growing and she got pissed. I told her that I would never have more than 3 plants at one time. This would cause me to be able to grow enough to smoke for the year and not have to waste money buying it. She is still not happy with the idea but we did come to an agreement on the situation, where I can grow my plants. I can not tell anyone, I have to keep the box hidden, I have to grow no more than 3 plants at a time and I can not sell it.

These are all good points coming from her end........You have to understand that people think differently and you can not change that. You can though make a compramise on the situation that suites both of you.:cool:

Just my view on the topic though.

If you grow behind your wifes' back, and get caught, don't be surprised when you're going through a trial, and a divorce at the same time. They will take your wife in with you. My GF doesn't smoke, but she doesn't mind when I grow. She was having fun growing plants with me. There's gotta be a way to get her to see things your way. :p

Hmmm... perhaps some sort of bribe would work?

:cool:

It's worth a try.

whoawhoa said:
Hmmm... perhaps some sort of bribe would work?

:cool:

It's worth a try.
:hitchair:

This a serious subject to bring up with your partner, Just talk about it and see where it goes from there. DO NOT bribe or HIDE it from her.:cool:

Come on clever...

I just meant find some sort of compromise. She let's you grow MJ... you let her plant a flower garden (w/e she's into). Something like that...

And you know his wife how? LOL You never know man... you won't until you try. :D

Who knows, I could be just be full of... poo.

Thanks for all the tips guys. She wasn't horrified at the thought, it was more of a "I don't think so", I think there is hope. We'll see how it goes, and if it does, I'll see you in the Grow Journal forum :)

In the mean time, there is no hurt in planning!

Alright......Let me lay it down to you by defintion.

Bribery is a crime implying a sum or gift given that alters the behavior of the person in ways not consistent with the duties of that person. It is defined by Black's Law Dictionary as the offering, giving, receiving, or soliciting of any item of value to influence the actions as an official or other person in discharge of a public or legal duty. The bribe is the gift bestowed to influence the receiver's conduct. It may be any money, good, right in action, property, preferment, privilege, emolument, object of value, advantage, or any promise or undertaking to induce or influence the action, vote, or influence of a person in an official or public capacity.

This is not how a relationship works.................

Thanks to Wikipedia for this definition.

To the MOD's I am sorry for the links, I just copied and posted to prove a point. Please delete the links but keep the definition....Thank you!:cool:

Thanks Clever. Just to let everyone know, I have no intention of hiding it (from her anyway, LOL), she means more to me than a bag of grass. I think living in the city makes her nervous about it, we are planning on moving out into the country in a couple of years, once the city tension lets go she might too!

Some people take things a little too seriously, come on man... it's his wife.

LMAO It's a crime to bribe your wife now is it?

Oh, and don't think im arguing with you or anything. I'm just saying it's a teensy weensy little bribe, we'll call it a baby bribe. By the looks of that reputation comment I'd say someone was upset by something I said. Chill out man, I'm only kidding.

whoawhoa said:
Some people take things a little too seriously, come on man... it's his wife.

LMAO It's a crime to bribe your wife now is it?

Man you are just being ignorant. You should not have to bribe your wife!:cool:

Ok, I guess people have different opinions on things.

Lets not call it a bribe, how about a persuasive argument with an added incentive.

I'm rolling at this thread.....LOL...^^are you a lawyer??LOL..i like how you re-phrased it

Dunno, people seem to have problems with me using the word bribe... :cool:

Thought I'd switch things up a bit.

My wife doesn't smoke and is against drugs. (how we ended up together?)

How I got my wife to agree on growing:

1. I explained to her, that I smoked before I met her, while I met and ever
since, I dont plan on quiting.

2. Asked her, she rather have me grow my own, or keep finding "HOOK UPS" off shady wannabe hustlers.(which all claim to have the best stuff, but dont"

3. Explain after the intial investment, how much money you will be saving.
(for me it was 5/7K a year)

4. Growing is a fun/innocent hobby that can keep my interest and occupy
your time, rather than other stuff like titty bars, bars.

5. Promised not to tell ANYONE, not even my dearest friends and relatives.

Goodluck..

after you start growing, keep her inthe loop, by telling her what you are doing
and why and the results. Then she'll warm up to the idea and actually
start getting interested. like my wife.

Latest posts

Back